What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

It was better than Iron Man, the Incredible Hulk and Hancock (only other 'superhero films' I saw from 2008), what was better than it?

I'll give you Hulk and Hancock, but Iron Man was a better movie. The Dark Knight didn't even come close to matching the hype it got.

The Hangover - Halfway through it 7/10 so far :lol:

Downloaded The Hangover a few weeks ago and loved every minute of it, right up my street that type of laddish humour

Just back from Vue in Livingston where I watched The Final Destination 3D

6/10 as it was very much like the others except in 3D

The Choke (2005)

AKA Axe, the other film on the same disc as Pieces, Dom Dom.

Your traditional 2000s low budget slasher film in the same vein as Final Stab, I Know Who Killed Me, Dead Silence, Ils, Hillside Cannibals, Simon Says, etc, etc....

Except pretty decent, you actually cared about the characters enough to form opinions about them, and wanted certain ones to survive and other to die painful deaths, unlike in the usual films of this kind where you just want them all to die.

Strangely there is a spin-off to this one, made after it with all the original cast and it is set at the same time (in the 'rockumentary ' that Eliott was making in the first film)...

A comparative 6/10 with the shit films I mentioned before.

It's a Wonderful Life ( 1946 )

Not a classic movie by any stretch of the imagination. It's a cracking story, but I don't think it's one which you can really cram into a two hour movie. The movie only really catches a decent pace when the angel reaches George, but it's too late at that point to really care about the character. Could have done with stretching this to a three hour epic, but probably wouldn't have been so popular if they did. As it stands, it's just a decent way to spend 2 hours.

7/10

Oh, and expect a PM in the near future Salty.

The Damned United.

Obviously before my time so I didnt know all that much about his time with Derby and Leeds. Really enjoyed the movie and would recommend it. Billy Bremner seems a bit of a cúnt though.

8/10