TNA General

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, so shame about YAMATO but we have a very fun replacement. Think a few other guys are now off the card, haven't had a proper look but did notice Johnny Impact & King Cuerno missing from the previously announced Impact vs LU 8 man tag.

Just checked. Johnny Impact has been moved to the Ultimate X match

Edited by JamieStevenson

I'm not watching United We Stand yet as I'm going to put it on before Takeover. I just noticed Gail Kim is out of retirement as expected at the next big PPV. Can't wait to see her bury all the young talented Knockouts Impact currently have.

So far for that show we have:

Tessa Blanchard vs Gail Kim

Lucha Bros vs LAX in a Full Metal Mayhem match

Johnny Impact vs Brian Cage

• 3 weeks later...

Tomorrow night there is a PPV, Impact Wrestling Rebellion. Definitely worth watching.

Card is as follows:

Johnny Impact (C) vs Brian Cage for the Impact World Championship. Lance Storm is the special guest referee.

The Lucha Bros (C) vs The Latin American Xchange in a Full Metal Mayhem match for the Impact World Tag Team Championship.

Gail Kim vs Tessa Blanchard.

Rich Swann (C) v Sami Callihan for the Impact X Division Championship.

Taya Valkyrie (C) vs Jordynne Grace for the Impact Knockouts Championship.

The Rascalz vs Moose & The North in a 6 man tag team match.

Also Scarlett Bordeaux will be doing one of her Smoke Shows.

So it was definitely a lot more good than bad. The only announced match that disappointed was Cage/Johnny, but all of the other announced matches delivered what you'd want, and there's also a fun scramble opening match to get things going nicely.

7 hours ago, Principal Flutie said:

So it was definitely a lot more good than bad. The only announced match that disappointed was Cage/Johnny, but all of the other announced matches delivered what you'd want, and there's also a fun scramble opening match to get things going nicely.

Really happy with the show. Fun scramble, The Rascalz impressed, Gail/Tessa was great. Yeah Cage vs Johnny went drastically downhill when that Spanish fly went wrong, I wasn't actually a fan of their match at Homecoming either though so didn't have much expectations for this one. What do you think of Michael Elgin arriving and seemingly going after the title already?

Speaking of Spanish fly, Fenix was lucky not to break his neck in that main event. Lucha Bros & LAX have been keeping Impact at a high level for a while now and it's been absolutely thrilling.

Okay show this week. Main event of Pentagon Jr vs Johnny Impact vs Michael Elgin was good. Crowd were quite into it until Johnny did a terrible botch. Michael Elgin has become the new #1 contender as expected. As for when Brian Cage will return? Who knows. He wasn't at any of the recent tapings which I assume will cover the next 3/4 weeks of TV. 

Impact are running a show on their new Impact Plus app tonight. I'll probably try and catch some of these matches tomorrow. 

D5z6t4NX4AAU9YR.jpg

6 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

RVD's return to singles action was fine. Certainly didn't disgrace himself but he understandably looked knackered. Must have only been a 5/6 minute match. Hope they don't plan on putting him anywhere near the title picture.

Him and Tommy Dreamer appearing is a worrying sign. Probably have some other past it ECW guys turn up to have a hardcore rivalry with oVe, which is about as shit sounding as something can be.

Him and Tommy Dreamer appearing is a worrying sign. Probably have some other past it ECW guys turn up to have a hardcore rivalry with oVe, which is about as shit sounding as something can be.

Yeah Not great. Tommy Dreamer in the main event on back to back shows is very poor indeed. Got away with it this week as he had a limited role in an 8 man tag.

Next run of shows are in Philly so I believe Sabu is coming back and Sandman will make an appearance, albeit the latter won't actually be getting physical I believe.

I'd also like to mention that in recent months I think I've seen more Lego on Impact than I did in my childhood.