Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

I wouldn't. He's a total mess. If he became a regular he'd probably damage himself for good.

tbh I thought he was finished once it reached 20-0. Seemed to be the reasonable time to stop. Seems daft holding onto someone for one match a year, should be at least aiming to feature in 3 PPV's in some way.

I can't see Cena/Rock again, at least not so soon. If they were to do it anywhere, it would surely be at Mania. Besides, would HHH want anything to overshadow his match with Brock?

Really think we could see Cena/Taker at Mania. Who else does he have to face (that can still wrestle that is). It's his final one seemingly, so it would be some match.

I can't see Cena/Rock again, at least not so soon. If they were to do it anywhere, it would surely be at Mania. Besides, would HHH want anything to overshadow his match with Brock?

The one thing I can see being a problem is if Rock gets ANOTHER win over Cena to win the gold. HHH wouldn't have a say in something as big as this anyways. Vinny Mac would basically say "f**k off, this show needs to succeed". Hence why such a big match is on the show in the first place.

As I said though, the idea falls down at the Rock going 2-0 over Cena. Of course, they might go for a trilogy and have Rock beat Cena at Mania and THAT'S where he wins the title.

As for who gets Taker in that event... Brock Lesnar is the one that creeps up more often than not. I can't see it, nor do I want it. But the seeds have been planted and it'd make sense.

Really think we could see Cena/Taker at Mania. Who else does he have to face (that can still wrestle that is). It's his final one seemingly, so it would be some match.

I can only see Taker either facing Cena, Rock or Lesnar at Wrestlemania.

Cena/Taker would be the most intriguing though as i can't see Rock or Lesnar ending the streak, whereas with Cena, Taker might actually be the underdog for once...as strange as that may seem.

They've never done one on this level though. This is more reminiscent of the 04/01 Impact with all of the names literred all over the place. If there's one thing that can be guaranteed tonight, is that it's not going to be dull. I seen someone saying elsewhere that they'd be disappointed if anything other than Cena/Punk went longer than 4 minutes, they'd be disappointed, and I'd tend to agree. There's room for some belting segments on this show tonight.

There's also talk of the big summer angle getting going tonight, which I'd assume will be Rock/Cena. Can't be Brock/HHH as it's already started off.

Goldberg v Ryback, possibly? In what would end up being the massive push Ryback is needing? Unlikely I know, but WWE will have to address the 'Goldberg' chants in some way if he really is appearing tonight.

ETA: If Austin manages to make it, they can 'tout' a rivalry with him against CM Punk considering Austin is considering another match? It also gives an alternative take of the obvious thing happening, that Rock interferes during the end match or whatever?

Both are unlikely I know, but I'm sure they'll have something big and surprising in store.

Edited by Ludo *1

I don't think there is any chance of it being a great raw in the true sense. I think the best they can hope from a show like this is a 'fun' show. I imagine there will be very few matches and the ones there are will be squashes or very quick.

A lot of people moan about the legends etc but I don't tire of guys like piper, slaughter, snuka, duggan etc showing up once or twice a year. I grew up watching these guys in late 80s and early 90s so in a way I'm far more attached to them than most of current roster. Once in a while is fine

Goldberg v Ryback, possibly? In what would end up being the massive push Ryback is needing? Unlikely I know, but WWE will have to address the 'Goldberg' chants in some way if he really is appearing tonight.

ETA: If Austin manages to make it, they can 'tout' a rivalry with him against CM Punk considering Austin is considering another match? It also gives an alternative take of the obvious thing happening, that Rock interferes during the end match or whatever?

Both are unlikely I know, but I'm sure they'll have something big and surprising in store.

Goldberg vs Ryback is in my spoilers. That's how I would play it

I'd LOVE if they did Goldberg vs. Ryback and Ryback just went through him in less than a minute.

I'd prefer it the other way! Can't stand Ryback.

Anyway, there is no chance of Goldberg jobbing for anyone. If he ever did come back for a match, it would be against an established star. He's a millionaire who never has to work again in his life, and would have to be given the right match if WWE ever wanted him to wrestle again given the way they treated him before and how utterly burst with wrestling it left him.

Anyway, there is no chance of Goldberg jobbing for anyone. If he ever did come back for a match, it would be against an established star.

I don't see why to be honest. He has f**k all aura about him these days. It's almost at the point where if Ryback DID go over him quick, nobody would bat an eyelid. Not his own fault of course. WCW and WWE did their level best to destroy that aura and succeeded admirably.

Does Goldberg really care so much that he wouldn't want to lose anyways? As you say, he's a millionaire and doesn't have to care. What does it matter to him if Ryback ploughs through him?

The fact that Jack fucking Swagger of all people was made to look strong against Ryback last week, would suggest that any notion of Ryback ever being a Goldberg level main eventer has gone out the window. I have a suspicion the WWE has soured on Ryback already. He isn't over in the slightest either.

He's not over because he's took on total nobodies. When he DID move onto the bigger names, he should have been ploughing through them as well, but he didn't. Which is a complete misuse of him.

It's impossible for such a simple gimmick to get over these days anyways. Goldberg was popular in a time when there was a huge diversity in character, meaning his simplistic "SHASH EM!" did the trick.

As DomDom said, I don't think he'd have a say in it. I don't think he'd be that bothered by it either, he knows it's better for the business to put this on to try and get Summerslam a bit of recognition again (they have Rock appear at Survivor Series last year).

Brock? Punk? They won't drop it to Brock or Rock but if Taker was okay with it (I imagine he has a massive say in it) I could see em having Cena or Punk beat him, it'd push both so far (Cena to the biggest ever and Punk up towards Cena's level).