Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

Mark Connolly, on 28 Mar 2014 - 07:18, said:

Eh what?

Even Road Dogg constantly makes reference to the fact the Billy Gunn runs out of steam quicker than Batista!

Are you sure you've been watching Raw of late? Not really getting the criticism of the NAO's here. Still turning in good consistent performances and giving decent exposure to younger talents. Job done.

Are you sure you've been watching Raw of late? Not really getting the criticism of the NAO's here. Still turning in good consistent performances and giving decent exposure to younger talents. Job done.

Yeah, I agree. Gone are the days when they could go for 20/30 minutes every night but doing their stuff on TV with half a dozen matches a month is still very much doable.

Fun Fact - this will be the NAO's first Wrestlemania match as a team in 16 years.

To clarify, I have no doubt they will put on a good match, simply because they know what they are doing, but I suspect the Shield will do much of the heavy lifting.

They are still a class act, but to say that Billy Gunn can still go like he used to was a bit generous.

Think you're being harsh there. For the past 5-6 year, Taker has guaranteed a 5 star match every Mania. Regardless of the build up, I think they'll tell one hell of a story in the ring.

No he doesn't. His HIAC match with HHH was nowhere near a 5 star match. Not bad by any means, but nothing close to a MOTY contender.

djchapsticks, on 31 Mar 2014 - 00:09, said:

No he doesn't. His HIAC match with HHH was nowhere near a 5 star match. Not bad by any means, but nothing close to a MOTY contender.

I think you're in the minority in thinking that tbh.

His two Triple H and Shawn Michaels ones were fantastic but the one with Punk last year was terrible.

Punk match was good but nothing special. What I didn't like was them using the death of Paul Bearer to get a storyline out of it. What on earth would they have done for that if he hadn't died? Found it all a bit distasteful really.

forehead7, on 31 Mar 2014 - 01:24, said:

His two Triple H and Shawn Michaels ones were fantastic but the one with Punk last year was terrible.

It's definitely the weak link out of the 5 but I wouldn't go as far as saying it was anything like terrible. Very good match.

It was as good a match in storytelling as ever there's been. It made up in emotion what it ever lacked in technical skill. TBH I'm sure that he, HHH and Shaun should all have bowed out after that match and it would have a worthy ending to all of their careers.

It was as good a match in storytelling as ever there's been. It made up in emotion what it ever lacked in technical skill. TBH I'm sure that he, HHH and Shaun should all have bowed out after that match and it would have a worthy ending to all of their careers.

It was 20-0 as well so it was probably the perfect time for Taker to retire at least. I thought the HIAC was a 5 star match too, as you say the storytelling was superb.

Nice to see Lesnar get one over on Taker. Can't have him going to Mania looking like her had no chance. If Lesnar is actually up for wrestling it could be a good match. I highly doubt he'll get a 5 star match but you never know, hope I'm proved wrong.