Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

What Punk was saying about Vince McMahon being an out of touch old man resonated with me and probably a lot others. I think it's pretty obvious that this has been the case for a while now and is reflected in the often awful humour, long since relevant celebrity guests (Jerry Springer for example), storylines, overall creative direction (turns, who is pushed, who isn't) and business decisions (the Network is great but has been handled dreadfully and well behind schedule).

His comments about folk dying in MMA (wrestling is FAR more dangerous) and 'now they have women doing it!' were pretty funny but also more proof of how out of touch he is.

Tamdunk, on 28 Nov 2014 - 14:04, said:

Punk's got a job writing some Marvel comics at the moment. Might be Thor? I dont really follow comics so not sure.

You've got this right.

Vince being out of touch doesn't really surprise anyone. He thought a cat hosting RAW was a good idea. Nuff said.

Finally listened to the full interview today. Interesting stuff indeed.

Amuses me that so many people on Twitter are berating him for coming across as arrogant. Emm, have you never seen or heard anything from Punk before? His arrogance is what helped get him to the stage he did. Called himself "The Best In The World" for christ sake, of course he's arrogant!

Finally got round to listening to the entire podcast. It was a superb piece of work and my overall feeling on it, is again, happiness for him that he's free of it and is healthier for it.

But then, also tinged with sadness as wrestling has not only lost one of it's very best talents, probably forever, but one of the guys who I genuinely believed had the vision, ability and the scope to drag the overall product to higher levels. To change things. Maybe it's a bit naive but I believed with Punk as top guy that one day, the WWE would go back to embracing the fact that it was a wrestling company instead going to pains to avoid the word 'wrestling' being used in it's shows as if it's a dirty word.

Taken from Survivor Series, it appears Kane might have been wrestling with that infection CM Punk was referring to in his interview.

Now, assuming he's still got that.... Is a chairs match against Ryback such a good idea considering nearly every shot he's going to take will be to his back?

I genuinely don't know how he could work with that on him, makes me angry that they're even letting him go out like that.

post-34621-0-90118200-1417401651_thumb.j