Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

Did anyone else notice JR's slip of the tongue when he said that Del Rio was facing Orton in a street fight 'tomorrow'. Of course we know Smackdown is taped on Tuesdays but shown as Friday Night Smackdown. His stuttering when he noticed his error was funny, Cole's silence immediately after spoke volumes too.

Someone said on the Smackdown thread it was live last night. Is that not the case?

Did anyone else notice JR's slip of the tongue when he said that Del Rio was facing Orton in a street fight 'tomorrow'. Of course we know Smackdown is taped on Tuesdays but shown as Friday Night Smackdown. His stuttering when he noticed his error was funny, Cole's silence immediately after spoke volumes too.

Cole done the same thing either last week or the week before on Raw. Surprised it wasn't edited out.

I've been thinking about tomorrows RAW and specifically this match between Ryback and the referee.

A few differing thoughts:

Firstly, the ending to HIAC was a last minute plan IMO. They didn't know what direction to go in terms of Punk winning by screwing Ryback and they fucked it up.

Secondly, WWE seems to be taking more view of what the fans want - I believe Vince switched the SS match to a triple threat because of the bad feedback they got.

Third, they either have to screw Ryback tomorrow on RAW or, and I think this might be what happens, they just have Ryback kill this guy and forget about the whole angle.

If they have Ryback screwed - I would love it to be Cena who comes out and screws him. It would make sense in clearing up the title picture for Rock vs Punk, it would give Ryback a good feud and it would freshen Cena up. However, if Cena turns heel then you really run out of top good guys.

Thoughts?

I've been thinking about tomorrows RAW and specifically this match between Ryback and the referee.

A few differing thoughts:

Firstly, the ending to HIAC was a last minute plan IMO. They didn't know what direction to go in terms of Punk winning by screwing Ryback and they fucked it up.

Secondly, WWE seems to be taking more view of what the fans want - I believe Vince switched the SS match to a triple threat because of the bad feedback they got.

Third, they either have to screw Ryback tomorrow on RAW or, and I think this might be what happens, they just have Ryback kill this guy and forget about the whole angle.

If they have Ryback screwed - I would love it to be Cena who comes out and screws him. It would make sense in clearing up the title picture for Rock vs Punk, it would give Ryback a good feud and it would freshen Cena up. However, if Cena turns heel then you really run out of top good guys.

Thoughts?

Cena turning heel on Raw simply won't ever happen. It's likely he will never turn heel at all, but if he ever did, they wouldn't waste it on a no mark like Ryback who will be out of the business in a few years and they wouldn't do it on a run of the mill Raw. If they ever did it, they would do it at a Wrestlemania and on a top, top guy like Taker or The Rock.

You are probably right, but never say never in wrestling. I don't think many people would've expected Hogan to turn heel in 96.

No other good guy will sell as much merchandise as Cena does though - which is maybe why they won't ever do it.

You are probably right, but never say never in wrestling. I don't think many people would've expected Hogan to turn heel in 96.

No other good guy will sell as much merchandise as Cena does though - which is maybe why they won't ever do it.

I've been thinking that Punk will come down and cost Ryback the match by attacking Maddox, thus giving Ryback a DQ loss, then running away as Ryback attempts to get back at him. Punk claims that he can't be working with Maddox because he's just attacked him and the story runs for another week or two when its revealed that Punk/Heyman talked Maddox into helping him retain the title at Hell in a Cell.

Won't ever happen - but I wish we'd drop to about 6 PPV per year. Cena vs punk might not be original but it's too good a match for free tv. Even Randy vs Dolph which is just starting............too good for tv and it just means if it ever comes up in a future ppv people won't be as interested.