Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

I hope they swerve it after everyone seems to be reporting that Goldberg will win the title, but I can't see it happening.  For Goldberg to lose now, even if it isn't clean, it would essentially negate everything they've done with him so far.  He's essentially jobbed out Lesnar twice now, but Owens manages to get a win out of him?  The only way I can see him leaving without the title is if Lesnar interferes, and I can't see him working Fastlane anyway.  

Going forward though, it would put an extra level onto the feud between him and Lesnar.  I don't think it really needs it, but if it's getting it, it will improve it.  It then causes problems afterward though - are we going to get Lesnar only appearing every few PPVs?  Because I presume he finally beats Goldberg.  If it means he goes onto a better schedule (it won't) and that he appears at every PPV (he won't) then great, and you can really build someone up to take it from him (they won't).  

I've been assuming that adding the title to the Brock v Goldberg match, was to help protect them from the crowd shitting all over it like they did at Wrestlemania XX. Back then it was 2 guys running out their contracts and leaving so nothing was on the line. Crowd hated it.

This time its 2 part-timers who might not appear much after mania, so adding in the title ensures it has a bit of weight to it and the crowd should be a bit more engaged.

1 hour ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

According to twitter lesnar had a dark match after raw last night, surely they'd get more ratings by just advertising him and doing that during raw?

profightdb isn't listing it, and they usually do with dark matches.  No idea whether that means it did or didn't happen though.

And if it did, yeah you're right.  Unless they don't have to pay him to participate in a dark match rather than actually being on TV.  But then you'd have thought Lesnar would just reject it in that case.

Reigns against Taker would be fucking dreadful. Reigns could have been a star that fans got behind but the constant shoehorning him in to make him popular - whether through hatred or love is brutal.

9 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Reigns against Taker would be fucking dreadful. Reigns could have been a star that fans got behind but the constant shoehorning him in to make him popular - whether through hatred or love is brutal.

It could go either way.  Reigns hasn't been in terrible matches.  He's not the greatest worker in the world, but he's shown in matches against good guys that he can contribute to a good match.  Taker really needs to get in better shape though.  Badly.  If he can do that he can probably work well enough to be able to carry off a decent match.

For me, if this finally leads to Reigns becoming more of a heel, it'll be worth it even if it's not a great match.  I know everything points to him being the face of the company in future, and I know it's like hoping Cena turns heel, but there really is money in just putting Reigns in the position that everyone wants to see him in.  And to be honest, the way heels are cheered now, they could turn him for a year or so before he makes a triumphant turn back to being face with most of the damage being repaired.  But really he'll go over clean on Taker and there'll be some kind of terrible "passing the torch" sequence.  Everyone will vomit themselves inside out and that'll be that.