Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

Brock Lesnar enters the Royal Rumble match at number 1. Lesnar going over an hour would be quite something. 

Actually, don't know if they actually said he'd be putting the title on the line. I assume they've done this so that Cain can eliminate him to set up the Mania rematch.

Edited by JamieStevenson

Lesnar is just a terrific businessman, isn't he?  Can't be arsed with a title defence, so he'll get a short-ish cameo in the Royal Rumble instead then stroll backstage and off home.  Lovely old job.

Suspect he'll get a 15 minute stretch, probably absolutely murder a number of jobbers, before someone big comes out around 8 or so.  Then he'll either be taken out of the ring so he can have a lie down until later, or he'll be outright eliminated.  If they book it right and want the overall winner to go after Brock, they could tell a pretty good story through the whole match if they want to.  

Big Show looked genuinely just happy to be there. He was like an audience member getting a big break.

Fair play to the pop he got though. He deserves one last good run. 

12 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Big Show looked genuinely just happy to be there. He was like an audience member getting a big break.

Fair play to the pop he got though. He deserves one last good run. 

Think he is genuinely happy. And fair play to him. 

It's a borderline miracle that he's still mobile at 47 years old, much less still wrestling. I remember watching a documentary about him about 10 years ago and he did mention even then that he accepts he won't be an old man and that giants generally don't live as long a time due to the strain on their bodies and organs. So yeah, he realises his own mortality and is totally chuffed to be doing anything. 

By comparison, he's 47. Andre died at age 46 but really was immobile since about Mania 2 (when he was about 39) and struggled through until 1990. He's worked hard to keep himself in shape as if he was still over the 500lb mark, he'd be in trouble. 

The Big Show is an obvious HOF entry in the near future.

On how he's still going, weirdly, I think his injuries over the last decade and a bit have actually been something of a help in that regard, as he's also had a fair amount of rest in that time as well as a result.

I can't see him getting another top end run, but I hope they find something to do with the guy. I get the sense this'll probably be pretty close to his last stint.

7 hours ago, Andrew Wells said:

The Big Show is an obvious HOF entry in the near future.

On how he's still going, weirdly, I think his injuries over the last decade and a bit have actually been something of a help in that regard, as he's also had a fair amount of rest in that time as well as a result.

I can't see him getting another top end run, but I hope they find something to do with the guy. I get the sense this'll probably be pretty close to his last stint.

Hopefully they finally pull the plug on the many, many turns. He deserves to finish up his career as a face and a big face at that. 

He's a legit one off and folk genuinely love him, so play up to that. 

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Hopefully they finally pull the plug on the many, many turns. He deserves to finish up his career as a face and a big face at that. 

He's a legit one off and folk genuinely love him, so play up to that. 

One of my favourite things was his run doing impressions of other folk

I never really thought that much about Big Show until his Stone Cold interview thing on the Network.  Not like I didn't like him or anything, he was just...there.  But as is always the way with these things, he came across really, really well.  You'd be hard pressed to find anyone who isn't a dick who wouldn't be delighted for the guy that he's back in shape and back in the ring.  The guy looked like he was proper marking out at his entrance.

No reason why he can't challenge for any title other than the WWE/Universal.  Could certainly see him in some kind of tag team.  He deserves a final face run with some success.  Either that or get him back in a nappy dancing like it's New Year's Eve.

Image result for big show new years eve gif