Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

I agree with what Forehead said about Austin, if he comes back it'll be for Mania. With The Rock looking like he'll be around this year I don't think they'll use Austin this year as well as Rocky's the draw this year. I could possibly see it for WM 30, have Austin headline alongside a Taker retirement match.

I didn't watch last night but it's Punk-Ryback at HIAC? I think Ryback's taking the strap.

Ryback HAS to take the strap surely?!

He's fucking SUPER over. If ever they've had the chance to capitalize on someone, it's now. He's been beating on jobbers for ages. He's suddenly up in the big leagues, and the fans are actually buying it. If he loses now, it has to be down to some serious foul play. If there's no interference, he HAS to win. There isn't even an option on this.

Yeah, Punk can't beat him cleanly. Would undo all that momentum. I just think there will be some form of interference and Punk will escape with the title somehow.

I was surprised they made Cena so weak there. Cheerleading for Ryback? It was poorly executed IMO.

I was surprised they made Cena so weak there. Cheerleading for Ryback? It was poorly executed IMO.

They can do that with Cena though. Because you can't undo everything they've done with him like that. It worked as well, even if aye, the execution was a bit naff.

I think it's because they now see Ryback as the new #1 guy when Cena goes. They've been desperate to find one as Cena winds down. He's basically a broken down guy now, and won't last much longer. Ryback is a short term thing for now, and I think they may well test the waters and put the belt on him.

I quite like Ryback. I think Cena not making HITC and being replaced by Ryback would be the best thing that could happen to WWE at the moment. Having Punk beat him with a dirty win - with Ryback being undefeated and having destroyed everyone so far - would add a hell of a lot to CM Punk's "best in the world" angle, while you could keep Ryback looking strong and make a new bonafide star by battering him but have Punk sneak it somehow. Cena could then come back in and you could have Punk - Cena at Survivor Series and then start the build for whoever the Rock will be facing at RR after.

Other potential scenario I was thinking about if they went with Punk v Ryback at HITC could possibly be have Brock return, depending on how many dates he has on his contract. Would imagine they'd want him involved in Survivor Series if possible, and with the Heyman connection they could do some kind of alliance with Punk and Brock, maybe a revision of the "Two Man Power Trip". Could then potentially have Punk v Cena for the title and Brock v Ryback in a beast v beast (note: not BEAST as per current Gen Nonse (pun intended) trend) match, which would be a pretty good way to maintain a main event push for Mr Feed Me More..

:D

Glad they've gone with Ryback v Punk, it's the right match and the way they're having Punk look like he's genuinely fucking terrified of him is only adding to the push.

With Ryback being over as he is just now, it would make some sense to put the belt on him and capitalise, but I think it would really hurt CM Punk to take it off him at this stage. I kind of hope they go with the second scenario I suggested above of Brock coming back, costing Ryback and joining forces with Heyman and Punk. If they're planning keeping Vince on TV, a 6 man power struggle with Vince, Cena & Ryback v Heyman, Punk and Lesnar could make for some absolutely phenomenal television, especially if you have Punk as champion as it would give the added dynamic of Ryback and Cena both going for the belt while loosely co-existing as allies.

Ryback HAS to take the strap surely?!

:lol:

If Punk were to lose the title, it should be to The Rock. He shouldn't lose it to a complete rookie.

Ryback hasn't gone longer than five minutes in a match, expect Lesnar to interfere and destroy Ryback.

:lol:

If Punk were to lose the title, it should be to The Rock. He shouldn't lose it to a complete rookie.

Ryback hasn't gone longer than five minutes in a match, expect Lesnar to interfere and destroy Ryback.

The latter part has to be what happens if Punk wins.

It seems plausible to me that they hotshot the title onto him though, for the reasons given. And the five minute match thing is a total braindead opinion anyways. Goldberg was the hottest thing in wrestling not named Steve Austin, and how many matches over 5 minutes did he have before winning the gold?

He was over, and the timing was right, and it was only WCW's fucked up booking that had anything to do with his WCW downfall. WWE have something in Ryback. It's clear from the reactions that crowds see him as a threat. As soon as he is going after Punk, arenas go ballistic. Rookie or not, Cena is fucked. They need someone to take the mantle. They have a chance to see if Ryback is capable. So why not find out?

:D

Glad they've gone with Ryback v Punk, it's the right match and the way they're having Punk look like he's genuinely fucking terrified of him is only adding to the push.

With Ryback being over as he is just now, it would make some sense to put the belt on him and capitalise, but I think it would really hurt CM Punk to take it off him at this stage. I kind of hope they go with the second scenario I suggested above of Brock coming back, costing Ryback and joining forces with Heyman and Punk. If they're planning keeping Vince on TV, a 6 man power struggle with Vince, Cena & Ryback v Heyman, Punk and Lesnar could make for some absolutely phenomenal television, especially if you have Punk as champion as it would give the added dynamic of Ryback and Cena both going for the belt while loosely co-existing as allies.

This sounds good.

Did WWE and/or Punk make any statement about him smashing the fan last week? Or did I miss the press conference where he talked about the seagulls following the trawlers?