Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

They seem to have Sheamus lined up too as he just hasn't lost much in fucking ages. I'd expect him to steamroll The Big Show in the cell as some sort of show of domination. And he's not a bad option. Even when he was fueding with John Cena, he was looking very good. That hasn't happened much. Probably Alberto Del Rio is the only other one that comes to mind.

Oh, to the earlier question about being excited about Ryback in main events... I'm the opposite. But I understand the value in having him there. It makes zero sense for Ryback to lose now. In a time when there's less and less wrestlers that people give a f**k about, they now have someone who has a chance. So why would they ruin that? I don't see any reason why they would.

I just don't think the WWE would bring back Austin randomly IE. without cashing in on it.

Yeah I know.

I just felt like it was coming. Punk (and Vince, and JR) have been talking about him a lot. Punk then tweeted to say he's already named his opponent if you've been paying attention over the last few weeks (fans paying attention I mean, not you).

FWIW (For what its worth), I now reckon Ryback to be battering Punk, Lesnar to come out to help Punk and then Cena help Ryback ending in a dusty finish.

Edited by Dindeleux

Just shows how the WWE has falling, Rybak in the main event this better be some kind of joke.

Like Parsa said above his matches last like 5 minutes and he is incapable on the mic.

I actually think that WWE now is quite exciting. The Wrestlemania - Summerslam slump happens every year.

Hot tag division

Team Hell No

IC competition hotting up

Big Show looking good for a change

Vince is back

Heyman is back

Lesnar is back

As for Ryback being incapable on the mic, where is the evidence of this?

This sounds good.

Did WWE and/or Punk make any statement about him smashing the fan last week? Or did I miss the press conference where he talked about the seagulls following the trawlers?

Sorry I should've multi quoted - apologies for the multipost.

Punk referred to it indirectly all night - based on the references I don't think Vince has been bothered by it all.

Cena acting as Ryback's cheerleader was cringeworthy.

Yeah, he did it with Bryan a while back (or tried to use the "yes yes yes" chant), it's awful and if anything, will probably hurt him!

I agree with what Forehead said about Austin, if he comes back it'll be for Mania. With The Rock looking like he'll be around this year I don't think they'll use Austin this year as well as Rocky's the draw this year. I could possibly see it for WM 30, have Austin headline alongside a Taker retirement match.

I didn't watch last night but it's Punk-Ryback at HIAC? I think Ryback's taking the strap.

It sorta has to be Rock/Cena if Punk/Austin is on the card and the addition of Austin (and him against Punk) would be a way to make it bigger than this year's Mania.

I agree that it'd make more sense to have that match at 30 instead of this one though.

If he loses now, it has to be down to some serious foul play. If there's no interference, he HAS to win. There isn't even an option on this.

Yeah, Punk can't win cleanly but I don't think Ryback should take the belt either.

I kind of hope they go with the second scenario I suggested above of Brock coming back, costing Ryback and joining forces with Heyman and Punk. If they're planning keeping Vince on TV, a 6 man power struggle with Vince, Cena & Ryback v Heyman, Punk and Lesnar could make for some absolutely phenomenal television, especially if you have Punk as champion as it would give the added dynamic of Ryback and Cena both going for the belt while loosely co-existing as allies.

My brother mentioned that possibility today (just the Lesnar part), the suggestion of the 3v3 is great and it'd make some great tv.

They NEED to stop this stomping around/feed me more stuff, fans will get sick of it just like Brodus Clay.

Nonsense. Brodus didn't have any catchphrases that were being chanted and he's lost the fans because he's not been involved in anything. It's not the gimmick people have tired of, it's the squashing of jobbers.

I' think they'll keep the Ryback/CM Punk angle going just now to build up a rivalry, and Ryback to eventually get a title shot, only for Lesner to interfere and save Punk and cost Ryback winning the belt. I think a Lesner vs Ryback feud could be the making of him if Lesner agrees to help give him a push.

I mentioned the above a couple of weeks ago in the Ryback thread as well, think it makes sense. I can also see Shamus beating the Big Show in their match at HITC but Dolph Ziggler cashing in his MITB briefcase to win the belt

Edited by YER SISTERS YER MAW

seen the contract signing last week between cm punk and ryberg lot of crap. Also AJ lee skipping down to the ring no wonder i don't watch raw any more if this what it has become . a total parody of the glory days in the late 90's

I actually enjoyed the contract signing for once, loved the pop Ryback got when he picked Punk up for his finisher. He's growing in me, the crowd are loving him.

I'm a bit puzzled by Cena's involvement in the contract signing. He starts off saying he'd love to fight Punk at HIAC then suddenly becomes Ryback's cheerleader for no apparent reason. If he won't have recovered in time for HIAC then they could've at least tried to fit it into the storyline rather than have him randomly rule himself out of it in favour of Ryback.

I've got mixed feelings on Ryback. His situation is quite similar to Bobby Lashley's a few years ago in that they've given him a push quite early on but he'll struggle to sustain a position at the top because of his lack of charisma, despite being an extremely powerful wrestler. I'd happily be proven wrong but it wouldn't surprise me if the WWE release him in a few years.

I like the idea of Lesnar returning to cost Ryback the title, would be interesting to see how a feud between them would turn out as well as letting Punk going back to his feud with Cena. Lesnar and Ryback feuding would be reminiscent of Lesnar and Goldberg's feud but I hope it wouldn't end in the same way as Lesnar and Goldberg's match at Wrestlemania, that was absolutely shite.

Edited by Meathead

Come to think of it, does anyone think it would be an interesting twist if Dolph Ziggler was to cash in MITB on the winner of Punk versus Ryback? I know he's been saying he'd cash it in after Sheamus versus Big Show but the surprise of doing it after Punk versus Ryback would make for quite an exciting ending to HIAC IMO.

Come to think of it, does anyone think it would be an interesting twist if Dolph Ziggler was to cash in MITB on the winner of Punk versus Ryback? I know he's been saying he'd cash it in after Sheamus versus Big Show but the surprise of doing it after Punk versus Ryback would make for quite an exciting ending to HIAC IMO.

He cant, its for the world championship title shot

Mysterio 'mentoring' Sin Cara? He was made out the best thing since sliced pan on his arrival to WWE.

Not one of these tag teams entered WWE as a tag team. Just the usual throwing 2 'superstars' together when they have no use for them. What happened to the Usos?