Wrestling Clips/Matches You've Recently Watched

Ludo*1

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

watched survivor series 1990 - last night, it was amazing, almost every match had great heat and even in spite of the Gobbledygooker appearing and Hogan pulling double duty it was fantastic, there was a bit where DiBiase and Bret went at it, an insight into what could have been, also Michaels was beginning to show signs that he was going to be the fucking MAN.

the hogan/dibiase match was shit though, imagine if they booked a match like that today with cena as hogan, ryback as warrior and punk as dibiase, it would be laughed out of town. the standard of wrestling today shits all over the legendary 80s era. people complain about wrestlers not being allowed to do their old signature moves... they got pins from powerslams in ppvs back then! we're spoiled. finishers are a bit overused now, but you should be doing more than dropping a leg.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just love the pop Hogan gets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl3TnqUumfU

Hogan has to be the most charismatic wrestler ever. Everything about him is just shit, he can barely wrestle, his constant use of the word 'brother', his dated and cheesy mannerisms, his constant f**k ups, his lies and his attitude not to mention the fact he should have retired about 20 year ago, but if he turned up on Raw next Monday out of the blue, it'd still make me mark the f**k out.

Hogan has to be the most charismatic wrestler ever. Everything about him is just shit, he can barely wrestle, his constant use of the word 'brother', his dated and cheesy mannerisms, his constant f**k ups, his lies and his attitude not to mention the fact he should have retired about 20 year ago, but if he turned up on Raw next Monday out of the blue, it'd still make me mark the f**k out.

Including an awful finisher.

The guy is just a legend though.

The roar for his music, then the extra decibels for his appearance is just unreal.

For me, the best TV match ever will always be the Owen/Bulldog vs. HBK/Austin RAW match from 1997 where HBK and Austin won the tag gold.

Insanely hot and chaotic match and just brilliant in every way. Lesnar/Angle didn't half drag at points. Wouldn't watch that match again.

For me, the best TV match ever will always be the Owen/Bulldog vs. HBK/Austin RAW match from 1997 where HBK and Austin won the tag gold.

Insanely hot and chaotic match and just brilliant in every way. Lesnar/Angle didn't half drag at points. Wouldn't watch that match again.

Just watched that there. Fair enough, that was excellent. I really should watch more of Shawn Michaels' pre-2002 stuff.

As far as Angle vs Lesnar goes, I never really found it to drag. It obviously wasn't as good as their match at Wrestlemania 19 and the fact that it was pre-taped didn't help but tbh I could probably watch every match they had together over and over again without getting bored such was their in-ring chemistry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRP8-oJZtP8

Watching this back makes me realise how depressing an 'era' we're in at the moment. The pre-match preview is better than anything WWE has produced in about 10 year, and that's before we mention the quality of the participants in the match, on commentary and as fans.

How can everything have got so bad? I accept things that are really dreadful from the WWE now a days that wouldn't have even raised a eyebrow from me back then.

ETA: Howard Finkel too!

WWE is far from dreadful nowadays. The roster is probably better from the bottom up than it was at that point as well. Although that year, WWE were on fire. But from 2002 until about 2005, WWE were shocking. I'd take nowadays over many of the years surrounding that particular match any day of the week.

Archived