Smackdown Thread

Guest bernardblack

There is a fine line between trying to get someone else over and jobbing.

Agree that Ziggler is very much on that line

Just now, bernardblack said:

There is a fine line between trying to get someone else over and jobbing.

Agree that Ziggler is very much on that line

The whole point of someone going over someone else is to try and get them more over. That's basically a jobber's job.

Guest bernardblack
The whole point of someone going over someone else is to try and get them more over. That's basically a jobber's job.

But someone getting someone else over doesn't automatically make them a jobber

Yes it does if they're doing it consistently over a long period of time. A jobber's job is to put people over. Otherwise there wouldn't be a point in them. It's also why pretty much everyone stopped giving a shit about him. Nobody believes in someone who can't win.

Would have preferred to have AJ vs Ambrose but they must be continuing his feud with Cena. Wyatt vs Ambrose would have been good as well. Wonder what they have planned for Wyatt now?

Honestly thought they could have shoehorned Ambrose into the Cena/Styles issue, but I guess that was unrealistic as they'd want a straight one on one with those two on a big show.

Actually think Baron Corbin would have been a decent shout. Aye, not a great wrestler, but he's got a reasonably clean slate.

9 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

People need to stop misusing 'literally'

How did I misuse the word? Who, after the last 3 years of constant jobbing to almost everyone, is going to buy into Ziggler as a serious contender at the second biggest PPV of the year?

You see, when I say literally no-one will take him seriously at the top now, I mean it. He's a joke now, his backstage segment on raw a few weeks back where he was on the phone to his mammy saying he got beat again but at least he tried his best, simply drove it home. And a month later he's no.1 contender. 

As I say, I like Ziggler,  but nah. Main event status has been and gone. 

Honestly thought they could have shoehorned Ambrose into the Cena/Styles issue, but I guess that was unrealistic as they'd want a straight one on one with those two on a big show.

Actually think Baron Corbin would have been a decent shout. Aye, not a great wrestler, but he's got a reasonably clean slate.

Horrible idea to shoehorn him into Cena/Styles

16 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

How did I misuse the word? Who, after the last 3 years of constant jobbing to almost everyone, is going to buy into Ziggler as a serious contender at the second biggest PPV of the year?

You see, when I say literally no-one will take him seriously at the top now, I mean it. He's a joke now, his backstage segment on raw a few weeks back where he was on the phone to his mammy saying he got beat again but at least he tried his best, simply drove it home. And a month later he's no.1 contender. 

As I say, I like Ziggler,  but nah. Main event status has been and gone. 

Literally no one? Not a single person? I'm sure there will be some folk who would. Maybe 10 people. Maybe 100 people. Maybe some big Ziggler fans? 

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Literally no one? Not a single person? I'm sure there will be some folk who would. Maybe 10 people. Maybe 100 people. Maybe some big Ziggler fans? 

See, you're making the mistake of mixing up folk who'll support Ziggler with folk who will accept him as a legit threat. Yes, he'll have droves of folk who WANT him to win the belt but there is nothing there to suggest there's anything new to the character for anyone to take him seriously as a threat. That's not slagging him as a worker as i like the guy, but more the way he's been booked. 

Had there been a change of attitude on screen, a bit of a hot run, a new edge to him that makes him seem a threat then fair enough, people will buy into it a bit (for me his character is far too broken to be fixed as a main event in less than a month) but it's the same Ziggler who was getting slapped about since winning at Survivor Series two years back. No one hears Ziggler's music anymore and goes mental as they know somebody is going to get battered, unless it's Ziggler himself. 

Why would anyone take a guy who phoned his maw just two weeks ago to tell her he tried his best but got bitch slapped, seriously as a potential world champion?

16 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

I don't buy that literally everyone won't buy him as a threat tbh. There's probably some morons who'd buy Mojo Rawley as an instant threat to Seth Rollins if they decided to go for that.

To be fair, I hadn't factored in the morons but at least Rawley, like Corbin has a clean slate to go on. 

Edited by djchapsticks

1 hour ago, Randy Giles said:

I don't buy that literally everyone won't buy him as a threat tbh. There's probably some morons who'd buy Mojo Rawley as an instant threat to Seth Rollins if they decided to go for that.

Come on Giles, didn't you see him screaming at Rusev?  Guy backed down.  He's a stone cold killer.

28 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

That was a great moment. You could have bought that Rusev was genuinely upset by what was going on in front of him.

He did genuinely look like he had no idea what was going on.  Like he'd been told the finish, and that he'd be heading up the ramp as normal.  Then this screaming mess of a man comes down.  Anyone would've been visibly upset by that.

57 minutes ago, forameus said:

He did genuinely look like he had no idea what was going on.  Like he'd been told the finish, and that he'd be heading up the ramp as normal.  Then this screaming mess of a man comes down.  Anyone would've been visibly upset by that.

His tweet afterwards regarding it was brilliant. 

'Can't believe a fan came into ring and nobody stopped him'

14 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

His tweet afterwards regarding it was brilliant. 

'Can't believe a fan came into ring and nobody stopped him'

TBF, his reaction to Rawley coming into the ring was pretty much the same as everyone else's.

Except some people watching probably knew who Rawley was.