Smackdown Thread

Ziggler gets fucked about something rotten. It's as if WWE use the fact that he is popular against him so that he can just be a backup mid card act that will always get a decent reception, rather than actually push him the way he deserves. One of the biggest pops in the last couple of years was his for the cash in against Del Rio yet they have screwed him since.

I worry that they will f**k up Cesaro too, the booking with Heyman should have worked but it hasn't. I hope he turns proper baby face again, he can't do that with Heyman. I would love for him to have a big fall out with Heyman at MITB about him holding his potential back, he tells him to bolt and then he goes on to win it, he would get a fantastic reception if that was to happen.

Wyatt's and Uso's have faced each other in singles matches lately, hoping it leads to the big tag team title match at MITB.

I was enjoying BNB vs Reigns, good to see BNB get decent time with one of the top stars. The last time we'll ever see 3MB together and they get destroyed by Reigns, Slater taking a nasty mid air spear, fucking love it!

You know, I think I'm slightly warming to Bo Dallas. I don't rate him much as a wrestler but I can't help but smile or laugh every time he comes out, it was a fairly decent match against R-Truth tbh.

Another great physical encounter between Cesaro and Sheamus. I am actually loving this feud! They will no doubt beat the crap out of each other in the MITB ladder match.

The main event was great too. Wyatt & Ambrose have so much potential. As much as I would liked to have seen a Wyatt clean win, this now sets up what looks like Ambrose vs Rollins at MITB.

You know, I think I'm slightly warming to Bo Dallas. I don't rate him much as a wrestler but I can't help but smile or laugh every time he comes out, it was a fairly decent match against R-Truth tbh.

He's not bad, and you have to feel a bit sorry for him - he's had two attempts at it, and on neither occasion (even combined) has he looked anywhere near the class of his brother.

For folk who don't think Reigns has been pushed to the moon:

Ambrose lose again. To fucking Kane. Reigns would never ever lose a match. And Rollins' new gear makes him look like a complete geek. So mad.

Ooooft, this is "SOL hating Cena" levels of SEETHE. Hilarious.

• 2 weeks later...

Just watching Smackdown. I enjoyed Sheamus vs Del Rio for the US championship. Sheamus is actually one of my favourites right now. I also love the back and forth between Zeb and Lana. I can't wait for Swagger and Rusev to finally go at it.

Just some other small thoughts: Eva Marie is awful. Another fantastically weird Goldust/Stardust promo. Also happy with the Y2J vs Miz announcement for Monday Night Raw.

Sheamus is a horribly underrated wrestler. There was a point where he was just churning out great matches for the sake of it, and he's getting to that point again. Helps when you're feuding with guys like Cesaro and Del Rio though.

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty enjoyable show this week.

Sheamus & Dolph Ziggler vs Fandango & The Miz, A decent tag match tbh, I am enjoying the return of Miz and the whole money maker thing. The crowd absolutely hate him. All 4 had a good amount of time in the ring and performed well.

Chris Jericho vs Luke Harper was also pretty good, Harper is one of my favourites right now. Has lots of explosive moves in his arsenal. Usual solid performance from Y2J, hoping he'll have a good one with Wyatt at Battleground

Kofi Kingston vs Alberto Del Rio. Match must have only went 4 or 5 minutes but a decent amount of action to get stuck into. Kofi was very impressive early in the match with some classic spots. Wouldn't be surprised at all if Del Rio were to win the Battle Royal on Sunday. He could have some great mid card feuds.

AJ Lee & Paige vs Layla & Summer Rae. Each pair obviously have their own little things going on but I actually reckon they are both pretty good teams.

It's good to see most of the divas involved in some sort of storyline right now.

The main event between Dean Ambrose and Kane was okay I guess, some of it quite poor. Kane can't keep up with the pace the younger stars are setting and often leads to a dull match. Doubt he'll be around for much longer. Can't remember the last time someone won clean in the main event of a Raw or Smackdown.