Smackdown Thread

4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Chad Gable should be the modern Kurt Angle. He's one of the biggest missed open goals ever. 

He could be massively over if they tried. 

I think he’s a certainty to join AEW at some point, or even head to Japan. 

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know...he seemed a lot more comfortable when he got into the middle part, like he actually believed in the words rather than being told to say them.  The early part was rough, and seemed a bit more scripted.  Or maybe it was all scripted and the middle bit was just the shite he'd been screaming into the mirror for years.   But it's hardly likely to change the opinion of people like Vince that he can't talk, when he starts off and...well, can't talk.  Should still be given a chance though, along with many others.

9 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Thought it was average at best. Repeating a bunch of stuff a few times doesn't make a great promo.

Having watched it again, I'd go as far as saying it's quite shite.

He stutters several times, almost gets the name of the title wrong, has a 5 second pause when he forgets what he's saying after he says, 'I did not come to WWE... when I came to the United States.'

Finishing with, 'I love it. I love wrestling. Love will always succeed' is a terrible way to finish as well.

Granted, I wouldn't comment on it if I'd watched it on TV, it's just that it seems to be getting heralded online at the moment!

Edited by Ludo*1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Big respect to Vinny Mac having a potential classic with justifiably arrogant and impressive young black women in Bianca Bel Air and Sasha Banks and trying to derail it with James Elmsworth level nonsense.

I’m just looking forward to Charlotte somehow winding up in it 

So what's going to happen with the Reigns match at WM?  We getting a Triple Threat?  Seems a bit shit on Edge if so, but to be fair, Reigns vs Edge vs Bryan makes it a little less predictable.
If Bryan is added to the Mania match it will only be to be the man taking the pin from Edge so Roman doesn't 'lose' as such.

Just seems a bit odd the story they're trying to tell.  Edge questioning why Bryan gets a shot.  Fumbling a little about Bryan earning said shot.  A Triple Threat with the three of them is probably the thing that makes sense purely looking at what they're trying to do.  Also gives them a few options to go with (even though anything other than Reigns killing them both would be a poor decision)

But I agree it'd be a bit silly.  I don't think you need to complicate it.  Reigns vs Edge would be brilliant without needing to add anyone.  Not like Edge is going to be ruined by losing enough to need someone to take a pin.