Smackdown Thread

Zayn is doing some absolutely stellar work. 

Always been a massive fan but his body of work in 2021 so far has been quite incredible.

Almost like a modern day Brian Pillman. It's great that someone is using what are probably very real misgivings and using those as his angle and fair play to WWE on this one, they are leaning right into it by having commentators *just* dish out enough jabs to fuel him on. Very subtle which as we all know, is not usually WWE's forte.

They are benefitting from no crowds on this angle because they can carry on with him down the heel rabbit hole...under normal circumstances we'd be right on the cusp where the crowd turns organically and starts siding with him.

Edited by djchapsticks

Zayn is doing some absolutely stellar work. 
Always been a massive fan but his body of work in 2021 so far has been quite incredible.
Almost like a modern day Brian Pillman. It's great that someone is using what are probably very real misgivings and using those as his angle and fair play to WWE on this one, they are leaning right into it by having commentators *just* dish out enough jabs to fuel him on. Very subtle which as we all know, is not usually WWE's forte.
They are benefitting from no crowds on this angle because they can carry on with him down the heel rabbit hole...under normal circumstances we'd be right on the cusp where the crowd turns organically and starts siding with him.

Went on his Twitter and noticed a) he’s being quote tweeted by Logan Paul of all people, b ) he’s sharing threads by ultra lefty journo and media critic Adam (not that one) Johnson and c) he’s getting stuck into the VP at the same time

Legend.

• 1 month later...

Typical WWE.  I mentioned a career vs title match around WM time as something they could build towards at one of the big shows, and really cement Reigns as the biggest shit in town by retiring Bryan in front of a baying crowd.  But no, let's do it in the Thunderdome weeks after WM in front of no fans.  Top work. I know it's not likely the end of the story, but just feels once again like they've not made what they could of something.  

Wonder what's next for Bryan. He was talking about how he was just going through the motions with the WM main event, so maybe he's just not got the love anymore.  With his history, if you're not loving what you're doing, what's the point in the risk? I think he's earned a shot at going home to his family if that's what he wants. Hopefully they give him a bit of time away, he reignites the love for it, and he gets a proper storyline to send him off.

On 01/05/2021 at 21:54, DA Baracus said:

Nah, they were explicit that Bryan is done on Smackdown.

So he'll be on Raw soon enough

Sean Ross Sapp reporting that his contract  legitimately expired at midnight on Friday and he is now a free agent! 

I’m still convinced he’ll go back. I know he still talks about wanting to work with the AEW/Japan guys, but as said above he could’ve done that a while ago. He’d be in the same role in WWE, but might be happy with the backstage stuff he’s doing too.

Most of WWE's music is shite and generic now. Criminal that they let Jim Johnston go. He deserves a hall of fame spot. Created the music of my childhood.

Edited by Ludo*1

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Most of WWE's music is shite and generic now. Criminal that they let Jim Johnston go. He deserves a hall of fame spot. Created the music of my childhood.

If you have not seen it it is worth checking out Chris Van Vliet's interview with him.

Jim Johnstone had some iconic ones, but CFO$ did the same just in a different way.  I assume it was them still doing it, but have they changed again?  Everything's just so generic now, the nadir of which being Adam Cole and Kyle O'Reilly's match being almost ruined by...whatever that was.

2 minutes ago, forameus said:

Jim Johnstone had some iconic ones, but CFO$ did the same just in a different way.  I assume it was them still doing it, but have they changed again?  Everything's just so generic now, the nadir of which being Adam Cole and Kyle O'Reilly's match being almost ruined by...whatever that was.

Yeah, they were punted/left almost 2 year ago after some legal issues.

26 minutes ago, forameus said:

Both those tunes are absolutely appalling. So utterly dull and devoid of anything.