Smackdown Thread

I have a feeling it might be one of the NXT call ups they have planned... 
It's Carmella facing Bianca - called it though the title match has been bumped off the MITB PPV to Smackdown next week

Liv Morgan replaces Carmella in the MITB match.

After only returning on NXT this week Tegan Nox debuted with Shotzi Blackheart tagging to beat Natalya & Tamina so would assume they will get a tag titles match possibly at MITB?

Though WWE are referring to them as Shotzi & Nox on the graphics [emoji51]

Barring shenanigans on Smackdown with return of the live crowd before MITB on Sunday it looks like WWE got lazy with the women's MITB match.

They have just added Natalya & Tamina to it instead of say Mia Yim or a debuting Toni Storm (who had a vignette promoting her air on SD last week) so we know neither of them are winning.

Asuka won last year, Naomi isn't winning it - as line up stands now it would make most sense to put the women's briefcase on Liv Morgan or Nikki Cross if looking to build someone up.

Though it's WWE with Vince & Johnny Ace back in charge of talent relations so it's probably going to be Bliss with the briefcase for a 2nd time.

MITB looks to be another 1am start.  Fancied staying up for it, but f**k that.

I really hope they've got something decent planned rather than just the sort of solid show they've had for a year now.  They're lucky in a way that the unimaginative stuff they've served up this year hasn't been criticised more, as fans would've shit all over a lot of it.  This weekend should be a shot in the arm to them, and a decent MITB could really set them up for a run to Summerslam and, hopefully, them getting back to normal.

Or it could be a shiter.

I'd been so removed from the product the past few weeks that I hadn't even taken in who was there.  f**k me that's an impressive list, and such variety.  Morrison and Ricochet are going to die for the cause, McIntyre's no stranger to a big bump, same Owens, Big E tries to kill himself every time he tries that spear.  Then hopefully they top it off by spiking Riddle through the mat and he heads back to his home planet.

Rest of the card looks...meh. I can only assume we're going to get some unannounced stuff or returns, because that card just looks like retain, retain, retain.  I wonder if in long-term planning they wanted Summerslam to be the big return of fans, but they've gone ahead of schedule due to AEW and the like returning.  Of course just having them in there and naturally reacting is going to make an enormous difference to even a so-so match, but I'd like to have seen them go balls-to-the-wall for it.

Found a link and watched Smackdown this morning for the first time in months and I enjoyed it. Been listening to the smackdown review on WhatCulture but just didn’t enjoy wrestling without fans. What a massive difference it makes.

Until he shifts off this mortal coil (if that's even possible) I'd have him do the sort of stuff you saw him do on Smackdown.  I don't think he has any real appetite to be a proper on-screen character again.  if they really want that, there's Stephanie, there's Shane, there's HHH, there's better options.  But as a sort of out-of-storyline thing like the above, I don't mind it.  Have to say, seeing him strut out was a good way to start the show.

His recent video of him weightlifting suggests despite his melted looking appearance and voice beginning to crack, there's still plenty left in his tank and he won't be going for another good long while yet.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

His recent video of him weightlifting suggests despite his melted looking appearance and voice beginning to crack, there's still plenty left in his tank and he won't be going for another good long while yet.

*pencils Vince into Dead Pool 2022 list*