The Walking Dead - Episode 1

Ric

Just finished episode two. Holy fcuk! Don't know where to start.

When I opened that barn door and saw all the blood and the torture chamber, it confirmed my fears that this place was bad news especially with one of the brothers coming up with a feeble excuse that they use it for killing animals.

Once I went to check on Mark at dinner and he wasn't in the bedroom, I almost didn't want to shove the secret bookcase away to see what they had done to him, poor guy with no legs :( unfortunately I didn't get downstairs quick enough to stop Clem from eating it.

Then old Larry had a heart attack, I suspected he may have made it but I took the chance I had been waiting for and gave Kenny the go ahead to put him out of his misery although had no idea he was gonna crush his head with a huge cinder block :lol: I did feel a bit bad after that. Lilly understandably no longer like me and it would show later.

Got into a tussle with one of the brothers and he was about to put my head through some barb wire fence and Lilly just stood back and shook her head at helping me. B*tch! That has been well noted. Luckily super babe Carley came to my rescue and we got everyone out of the farm in the nick of time as walkers descended on the place, although now two bodies down (Larry is no loss but Mark seemed to be a good chap).

Finished the episode by taking all the food and supplies from a seemingly abandoned car. Tough choice but the group has to eat then watched the video camera which seemed to be Clems mum watching us (she got killed earlier this episode).

That was exhausting but a great episode :thumsup2

- Apparantly I'm in the minority and only 31% of people choose to kill Larry?

- What happens if I had made the choice not to go to the dairy farm? Is it a separate storyline you follow?

- Kenny doesn't half need assurance that I'm on his side despite backing him throughout

Might start episode 3 tonight

That was exhausting but a great episode :thumsup2

- Apparantly I'm in the minority and only 31% of people choose to kill Larry?

- What happens if I had made the choice not to go to the dairy farm? Is it a separate storyline you follow?

- Kenny doesn't half need assurance that I'm on his side despite backing him throughout

Might start episode 3 tonight

As with all major storyline decisions, you go to the Farm no matter what you choose to do. The game is misleading in the sense that it makes you think there are various different storylines but there isn't, there's always the main storyline and your decisions just change a couple of the characters, scenarios and conversations along the way. Still a great game of course but don't go thinking you could replay the game after your done and get a completely different storyline.

Edited by Mosby1314

I completely forgot about the bit with Larry. I just watched it on Youtube there. I think I tried to save him, but it was on the basis of trying to keep his daughter on side. I loved this bit about the game, trying to judge the politics of different decisions.

I mind I argued against going to the farm to the very end because it seemed so shady, but got over-ruled by the rest. I also took only half the group initially thinking if it went to s***, it would be easier for a handful of us to get away and get back to the rest.

• 5 months later...

Finally finished season one tonight!

:bairn:bairn:bairn:bairn I have never in my life been so emotionally involved in a game as I was in that last chapter.

When I lost Kenny I was in bits, we had backed each other from the very start and we were close buddies despite him not getting on with others. Behind Clem, he was my priority - to see him go out as a hero was great but heart-breaking.

Then to see a one armed Lee go solo through a gauntlet of walkers along the street, hacking them down with a meat cleaver with a haunting music in the background was so brilliantly satisying. I could see he was deteriorating in front of my eyes but his desperation to save Clem was evident.

Then that final scene with Lee and Clem was utterly fantastic and I was welling up whilst it was happening.

Really looking forward to season 2. I guess Clem is gonna be stuck with Omid and Krista. I wasn't keen on either of them tbh but it's all that's left.

Oh yeah and fcuk Ben - I have no guilt in dropping him down the clock tower to his death. Useless fcuker was dead weight and had caused me and Kenny no end of problems so was happy to ditch him when I could.

Finally finished season one tonight!

:bairn:bairn:bairn:bairn I have never in my life been so emotionally involved in a game as I was in that last chapter.

When I lost Kenny I was in bits, we had backed each other from the very start and we were close buddies despite him not getting on with others. Behind Clem, he was my priority - to see him go out as a hero was great but heart-breaking.

Then to see a one armed Lee go solo through a gauntlet of walkers along the street, hacking them down with a meat cleaver with a haunting music in the background was so brilliantly satisying. I could see he was deteriorating in front of my eyes but his desperation to save Clem was evident.

Then that final scene with Lee and Clem was utterly fantastic and I was welling up whilst it was happening.

Really looking forward to season 2. I guess Clem is gonna be stuck with Omid and Krista. I wasn't keen on either of them tbh but it's all that's left.

Oh yeah and fcuk Ben - I have no guilt in dropping him down the clock tower to his death. Useless fcuker was dead weight and had caused me and Kenny no end of problems so was happy to ditch him when I could.

Don't waste any time, get onto season 2 ASAP, it's even better and even more gut wrenching! Thinking about it now, I still feel guilty about the huge mistakes I made.

Edited by Cityfan

Don't waste any time, get onto season 2 ASAP, it's even better and even more gut wrenching! Thinking about it now, I still feel guilty about the huge mistakes I made.

This ...

Yup and there is a part in Season 2 that will make you cry....tears of joy.

... and this!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I've noticed the first one of the series is free on Xbox Live just now. For having never watched the series, would one recommend I download this?

Apart from it being set in the same universe as the show, it has no links to it as far as I could tell. Definitely worth getting.

Apart from it being set in the same universe as the show, it has no links to it as far as I could tell. Definitely worth getting.

What's it like gameplay wise? Is there much fighting/running to do or is it just story/choice based? Seeing as it's free, I'll probably get it anyway tbh.

What's it like gameplay wise? Is there much fighting/running to do or is it just story/choice based? Seeing as it's free, I'll probably get it anyway tbh.

Its a mix, but theres more story/choice than action.

If its free and you dont get it, I'll come round your house and install it myself!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...