GAA.. All ireland finals

magee84

We had a guy called Steve Mulvenna who came to play football(soccer) with us in Kirriemuir about 20years ago,i think he used to fly back to play for his county. Anyone out there know the name or info?

A quick google search says he played for Antrim but won an All Ireland medal with Derry which means he was pretty handy at GAA.

http://gaeliclife.com/2014/12/1992-fermanagh-1-9-antrim-1-8/

anyway another GAA season over for Roscommon after a sickening defeat to Fermanagh and blowing the game against Sligo in the Connacht Championship, just can not handle being favourites at all in games. Just as well we are Division 1 next year and will be underdogs in every game lol

As for the other games. Dublin strolled against Westmeath in the second half in the Leinster final and I have to say the weekend's hurling I saw was poor both the Dublin v Limerick and the Munster final yesterday Tipp deserved it but it was a dire game.

• 3 weeks later...

Football this weekend

Think tyrone and mayo

Hurling

Kilkenny

I'll be delighted if Tyrone make it through but they'll need to really lift their performance. Limerick, Meath, Tipperaray and Sligo isn't exactly the typical route to a quarter-final. Monaghan didn't have the hardest route to an Ulster title either but beating Donegal in the final deserves respect and after losing to Tyrone at this stage 2 years back they'll be bursting to go one better. Barring the young Tyrone players turning on a coming off age performance I'd expect Monaghan to win, then lose to Kerry in the semi.

Think Mayo will beat Donegal although if they go man to man as some people are expecting it might be close enough. Really hope there are two tight games, far too many one sided matches this summer.

Caoimhin

The bottom line in that McCann incident is the game reaching a logical conclusion where winning is really everything. This explains the uninspiring fare on gaelic fields this year. For the first time in my life I find my enthusiasm waning just a little.

McCann's dive was embarrassing but 8 weeks is a ridiculous ban and is entirely down to the hysterical reaction over the past few days. I'd be surprised if it sticks. Will also be fascinating to see if this is now the standard ban for such offences given equally blatant and embarrassing dives from players from Kerry, Cork - and indeed Monaghan in the same game - have gone pretty much unpunished in recent times.

I thought Mickey Harte spoke well on Monday about the incident but he could perhaps have gone that wee bit further and actually apologised. Might have taken a bit of the sting out of it.

Tip v Galway today. Should be a good one. Galway destroyed Cork by around 10points last round and posted around 15 wides... they will be well up for it. Tip have been fairly solid if not inspiring and will suffer slightly for the longer lay off since bagging Munster.

Fancy Tip to sneak this one but the usually unlikely deaw could be quite likely... 12/1 at bookies. If Tip prevail then it will mean a kilkenny tip final. Tip need this one badly as they have played second fiddle since 2010.

Good game today but I think they are overdoing the eulogies. The hurling year has been poor enough and today was needed badly. Thought the tipp midfield and half forward line were poor and only for seamus callinan they would have suffered a bad beating. Still fancy KK to win final.

So as expected McCann's ban was overturned. Shambles again from the GAA, rushed into it due to media led hysteria then forced into a climbdown.

McCann named in the team to face Kerry. I'm afraid I can't see Tyrone having enough to see off Kerry but you live in hope, there isn't much better than beating the most arrogant county in Ireland!