GAA.. All ireland finals

magee84

Hurling replay was a fantastic game and Clare were worthy winners. The future looks good for them and hurling in general, seems there are a few teams capable of challenging for the All Ireland in the next few years.

• 3 weeks later...

Ireland and Australia in the International Rules in a few hoursThe Aussies have sent over an All Indigenous team which is a bit oddCant see Ireland winning as the touring side almost always wins

Got this recording to view later as im busy tonight. Looking forward to watching it back, strong looking Irish side selected. As for the Aussies, not really sure what it says for their support of the series with the squad they've selected but i hope it continues for a few years yet. Heading to Croke Park for next weeks second meeting, first time il have seen the compromise rules in the flesh so looking forward to it.

You can never take the mixed rules game too seriously but it's a still a good occasion. A fairly strong Scotland team and will be interesting to see two of the finest defenders in the game, Norman Campbell from Newtonmore and Donald Irvine from Kyles, in the same defence. Nice for the MacRae family from Kinlochshiel too with the 3 brothers in the squad.

The game tomorrow is live on the TG4 player at 4.15 then delayed transmission on BBC Alba at 7.30. Hopefully it will be a pretty close game and keep things interesting for the second leg in Inverness next week.

I think the Scots will win today, Croker always brings out the best in them I'm looking forward to this new hybrid game they devised, Iomain, it will certainly attract plenty of ground hurlers

Wasn't a bad game from what I saw of it. Great start for Ireland with the two early goals and that was the difference in the end. Scotland a little unlucky not to get closer towards the ends with shots coming off the post and bar. I think Scotland will fancy themselves at the Bught but they will do very well to turn it around overall. I can't seem them holding Ireland to less than 2 goals so they will probably need to win by 7 to win the series. Unlikely.

Didn't see the hybrid game but it's plain daft of the authorities to claim there is a new game called iomain, which is already the most widely used Gaelic name for shinty itself.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Alright guys? Good to know there is a GAA thread on here. Started playing football (gaelic) at Uni and really enjoyed it.

Does anyone know if BBC NI show the odd Championship game or is it pretty much all on Sky? Recently moved house and dropped sky sports package...

Alright guys? Good to know there is a GAA thread on here. Started playing football (gaelic) at Uni and really enjoyed it.

Does anyone know if BBC NI show the odd Championship game or is it pretty much all on Sky? Recently moved house and dropped sky sports package...

It's only a few games on Sky I think, and the BBC usually only have the final. Think RTE will still hold the majority of TV rights, so you'll need to either find streams online (relatively easy from past experience) or find a decent pub with RTE. I'd recommend the Tolbooth if your in the Glasgow area as it's decent for GAA.

BBC 2 Northern Ireland have all the Ulster Championship games live and will then have some AI games involving Ulster teams. As Barrfield_Largs says the best option for games is a pub that is showing them. For online you can try and find a stream or get Premier Sports. It's £9.99 a month and you can subscribe on and off as you see fit. They have live games each weekend.

Edited by Waspie

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Some performance by Donegal last week, the team who beat the team who couldn't be beaten as they said about another Ulster team a couple of decades back. I hope they go on and win Sam.

Hurling final wasn't bad either ;)

Edited by Waspie

• 3 weeks later...

It's been Hurlings Summer again

The Football didn't get going until the last four but what semis we had!

Hard to look past Donegal,I'm shocked that this Kerry team has made it this far

The Hurling final was one of the best games I've ever seen,hopefully we get the same in the replay and see Henry lift his tenth but I think Tipp might shade it

This thread needs updating since your last post. A non-vintage Kerry team actually did beat Donegal in the football final. Poor match I thought, both teams played very defensively. Kerry won't care, they've finally beaten an Ulster team in an All Ireland final, first time they've done so since beating Tyrone in 1986.

Kilkenny defeated Tipperary in the hurling final replay last Saturday night, 2-17 to 2-14. Replay wasn't as open as first match but that was never going to happen. A lot of people were tipping Tipp (pardon the pun) but, a bit like Germany, you can never, ever, write off Kilkenny.

edit: just realised you got both calls wrong. Remind me not to come to you for tips!

Edited by Half Rice Half Chips

• 7 months later...

Hopefully Limerick can do it

Too close to call for me though

I can see Tipp winning Munster

Tipp r a funny old team, prob should have beat waterford in league semi and gone onto win league. I always think they do better when they go through the back door in championship. Spent most of my summers in thurles when younger and seen some great matches.

Fancy tipp to not win munster but win all ireland through back door.

Ath cliath for the footie imo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...