GAA.. All ireland finals

magee84

Kerry did enough but a few decisions went their way. Good game.

Yeah I felt they got a few favourable calls. All the hysteria surrounding Tyrone recently maybe a factor. Tyrone could still have won it though, those missed goal chances crucial. A good summer it must be said after a mixed league campaign.

Really hope Mayo go on and do it now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No talk about the final. Dreadful game of football and the conditions not entirely to blame. Eye gouging, rugby tackles and time wasting on show, imagine the outcry if Tyrone had been involved in that game! But its ok since it was Dublin and Kerry.

My ranting aside, the best team certainly won and the 3 point margin really flattered Kerry. There are more titles in this Dublin if they can retain the focus.

Edited by Waspie

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Big game in hurling Sunday with Clare v Waterford in Munster Semi . Repeat of league final that Clare won by 1 point after a replay.

Will be close by I fancy Waterford .

Yup... should be good.

Winner plays tipp or limerick. Watched the tip v cork qf. Dreadful game, lack of championship intensity from both team; coupled with dreadful weather.

Tipp will up it for next round

• 1 month later...

Not a vintage game but a massive win for Tyrone over Donegal in the Ulster Final yesterday. To come from behind and win it in the closing stages against a team that has dominated them in recent years will be a huge boost for Tyrone. Most likely Mayo next which will be a different challenge and more open game.

Fine win also for Galway yesterday, potential dark horses. 

• 2 weeks later...

Was at Clones. Not great football but still an enjoyable day (if you were of a Tyrone persuasion) and dramatic game. I imagine most of the purists will have been fuming. 

Can't see past Dublin but will be interesting to watch the rest of the competition. I'm looking forward to the Cork v Donegal game this weekend.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That's how you play GAA. Will be rooting for Mayo. f**k Dublin winning again. With several other sporting hoodos being broken this year (Hibs winning the Scottish Cup and Hull FC winning the Challenge Cup at Wembley) maybe this will finally be their year...

• 2 weeks later...