Walking Down The Halbeath Road

That's a very decent signing for the level you're at, you're actually putting quite a decent squad together.

Did you forget we destroyed Dundee 3-1 at East End. That good team has just gotten better.

Did you forget we destroyed Dundee 3-1 at East End. That good team has just gotten better.

The boy has just paid you a compliment, yet the first thing you do is try and remind him of a poor result in a cup 6 months ago that means f*ck all now? [emoji23][emoji23] What a roaster!

Theres a reason nobody in the top flight touched him, hes turned into a half arsed sand-dancer. If you can fire him and get him playing he'll stroll the league, if he thinks hes the main man and is too good for this league, he'll spend the whole game failing to do the spectacular.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Theres a reason nobody in the top flight touched him, hes turned into a half arsed sand-dancer. If you can fire him and get him playing he'll stroll the league, if he thinks hes the main man and is too good for this league, he'll spend the whole game failing to do the spectacular.

We seem to have a pretty tight dressing room and even though it was 'only' League One, AJ and the coaching/fitness staff seemed to get the best out of guys like Michael Paton and Joe Cardle, who had also struggled for consistency elsewhere. Ryan Wallace was the one player who seemed to have a bit of attitude about not being a first pick and he was punted at the end of the season. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

This seems to be the general consensus. Built a squad brimming with talent and ability, just up to AJ and SC to get them to show that on a Saturday. Could be an entertaining season.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

That's my concern, only time will tell. He could be a Rhys mcCabe or a Courier style signing for us. 

McCabe & Courrier spent their appearances last year thinking they were the dugs but actually did the square root of hee haw. 

McCabe at least looks like he might have eventually realised he needs to work a bit harder, hopefully Higginbotham will be the same.  

Murdoch

Williamson, Ashcroft, BRE, Talbot

Geggan, Wedderburn

Higgy, McMullan, Cardle

Reilly

Looks a pretty decent starting eleven.

Higgy is wasted out wide just like he was in his first season with us.

Higgy is wasted out wide just like he was in his first season with us.

He showed probably the best form of his life playing out wide for us. He'll get far more space in attacking positions at this level though so will probably be more able to play in the middle, bit that still takes away from his ability to put in a decent cross.

His excellent skill and confidence on the ball are often balanced out by petulance, poor decision making and a crap first touch. The drawbacks to his game seem to have been becoming more top heavy in the last 12 months, which is probably why no top flight team wants to take the risk. The standard of this league isn't very good though and I'd fancy him to be around double figures in both goals and assists.

I like Higginbotham, he's the sort of player I always like it when we sign - although I suspect I'm in the minority with that view. The sort of guy who most weeks is fairly average and anonymous, takes plenty of flak because he's not getting stuck in to tackles and charging about, but then comes up with a moment of magic out of nowhere that you talk about for years after.

It was how I described Willie Gibson when he was with us, he was like a grenade. You never knew when he was going too (metaphorically) explode and turn the game on its head,  but it always gave you that wee bit of hope that something spectacular wasn't too far away.

We completely lost that unpredictability when he left despite arguably becoming a better team made up of hardworking 'guid honest pros'. I suspect he'll do fairly well in this league when he fancies it, and the weather is right, and everyone is passing to him.

Last time we had a player like that would be Gibson and he was excellent for us, a total dick but fantastic player, put the Rovers to the sword most times we played them and sold him for a pretty penny too.

Cracking signing imo, I think AJ seems to be a superb man manager as well, as has been seen with the consistency he managed to get from BRE, Paton, Cardle and Faiss.

Thinking about our attacking options makes me a little wet, especially with AJ saying he wants more strikers.

Cardle was a bit like Willie Gibson - unstoppable on his day but also capable of being anonymous or petulant. BRE also came with 'bombscare' tag and Paton was seen as being too inconsistent. I think a combination of good man management, fitness but also tactics makes a big difference. All our players have pretty tight, simple roles. That kind of stuff was a mess under Potter and JJ and we were regularly outclassed by part timers.  

Guys if you have any buses going to the Dumbarton game when it comes round you can book into the Rock Bowling Club. We are a 2 minute walk from the stadium, you will be in our function hall which has a telly for all the footy. If you are interested just send me a message and I can get it sorted. Cheers Buster.

Guys if you have any buses going to the Dumbarton game when it comes round you can book into the Rock Bowling Club. We are a 2 minute walk from the stadium, you will be in our function hall which has a telly for all the footy. If you are interested just send me a message and I can get it sorted. Cheers Buster.

For the opening game of the season? Don't think you'll find too many Pars fans in there tbh.

2 hours ago, smpar said:

For the opening game of the season? Don't think you'll find too many Pars fans in there tbh.

I did say when it comes around. I was letting yourself and Dundee Utd know we were there as you are new to the league. But thanks for your input.

9 hours ago, Dumbarton Rock said:

I travel on the Lizzie supporters bus from Dunfermline. It's the most popular bus and this is the kind of place we've been booking into the last couple of seasons.

So thanks for the information Buster. I'll pass the information/suggestion to the guys who run the bus.

Good chance you'll get a visit from us.

On 7/19/2016 at 07:17, Rovers1992/1993 said:

The boy has just paid you a compliment, yet the first thing you do is try and remind him of a poor result in a cup 6 months ago that means f*ck all now? emoji23.pngemoji23.png What a roaster!

Back in your wee house ya wee team rasper.