Walking Down The Halbeath Road

29 minutes ago, dafc_lee said:

e03e39b30c290bf05a8d5c6a67f664c0.jpg

I hope that's not Stellaboz doing the printing...

2 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

Personally I'd like a new fullback as I do not rate Talbot at all and also can't trust him to stay on the park tbh.

Aye, cos of all the red cards he's had since he's been at the club. Terrible disciplinary record right enough. It's what, 43 odd appearances and all of 2 red cards now? Disgraceful.

Martin is more than capable of playing in that role anyway. Talbot has been decent since he's been here (mostly).

Anyway, should add that Clark is a great signing.

Edited by DA Baracus

Clark hasn't done anything outside of have 1 good season in the third tier when Queens were the dominant full time team.

Bit like el-bacteria last season.

Feel free to get all excited about it even though there's no evidence to say he'll be any good.

Clark hasn't done anything outside of have 1 good season in the third tier when Queens were the dominant full time team.

Feel free to get all excited about it even though there's no evidence to say he'll be any good.

Back down to the severely diddy leagues, you go.

9 minutes ago, CowdenConvert said:

You just focus on beating Clyde arsehat :lol::lol:.

Interesting signing though I don't know if he'll be as good as Dunfermline hope.

I'm basing this on the feedback of Reilly. If Gav is anonymous in games then I wouldn't expect Clark to be any better. I've not watched Dunfermline but could the problem be the lack of service to strikers rather than the strikers themselves? Clark scored a shitload for us in an awful league but he needed on average 4 chances to convert one goal, will he get that same service here?

It'll be interesting to see how Reilly and Clark get on together at a decent level as we didn't get to see it at Palmerston unfortunately.

I might be remembering this wrong, but I thought Clark and Reilly didn't play that often together for us. Clark was first choice along with Lyle. Although Reilly did play a fair number of games, he only really became first choice after Clark left. But I could be wrong.

I remember being surprised when Clark was initially made first choice because previously he had been played as a winger and hadn't done much whereas Reilly was a forward who had popped up with the odd goal or assist in his few appearances under Gus.

eta I think Clark was first pick, with Lyle and Reilly pretty much competing to be the other striker. Don't think Lyle and Reilly played that often as the 2 strikers. It was either Clark and Lyle or Clark and Reilly, mostly.

Edited by Flash

Well, I'll be damned. I'll stay skeptical of rumours in future! Any Idea what kind of player Clark is? All i know is that apparently he's a striker.

He's the same kind of player as Reilly but not as good.

1 hour ago, CowdenConvert said:

This concerns you how?

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Interesting signing though I don't know if he'll be as good as Dunfermline hope.

I'm basing this on the feedback of Reilly. If Gav is anonymous in games then I wouldn't expect Clark to be any better. I've not watched Dunfermline but could the problem be the lack of service to strikers rather than the strikers themselves? Clark scored a shitload for us in an awful league but he needed on average 4 chances to convert one goal, will he get that same service here?

It'll be interesting to see how Reilly and Clark get on together at a decent level as we didn't get to see it at Palmerston unfortunately.

He needed on average 4 chances to convert one goal early on. Once he got some confidence behind him by the second half of the season it was much more clinical and he scored more like 2 in every 3 chances. He's very much a confidence player but he's played his best stuff under Johnston & Clark so this is a great chance for him.

1 hour ago, Flash said:

I might be remembering this wrong, but I thought Clark and Reilly didn't play that often together for us. Clark was first choice along with Lyle. Although Reilly did play a fair number of games, he only really became first choice after Clark left. But I could be wrong.

I remember being surprised when Clark was initially made first choice because previously he had been played as a winger and hadn't done much whereas Reilly was a forward who had popped up with the odd goal or assist in his few appearances under Gus.

eta I think Clark was first pick, with Lyle and Reilly pretty much competing to be the other striker. Don't think Lyle and Reilly played that often as the 2 strikers. It was either Clark and Lyle or Clark and Reilly, mostly.

Clark started every game for us that season. Lyle and Reilly job shared as his partner though Lyle made more starts (27 v 20 per Soccerbase though that's missing the Scottish Cup tie v Edinburgh which I think Reilly started).

Lyle and Reilly never started a game together as the front pair though they would have had periods together if NIcky was subbed off.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

Record would suggest he's better.

Majority of nickys goals were in league 1 though whereas Gav scored a lot of his in the championship. 

I would probably take Nicky over Reilly but Reillys work rate is only missed when it isn't there. 

7 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Record would suggest he's better.

Their records arent really comparable though.

Both scored goals in the 2nd division and, of course, Clark outscored Reilly. However, Clark then went to a dominant Rangers team while Reilly stayed at Queens. It took Clark two seasons to score as many goals for Rangers at this level than Reilly managed in one for Queens.