Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

To think there were people on dotnet who thought we had a chance tonight...

We never had a chance, a defeat was always inevitable. AJ isn't a tactically astute manager, he's gone to Ibrox and played the same formation that he did against Livingston. Except this time we were playing a far better side in Rangers and ended up getting pumped. At least there was over 35k there though, decent amount of cash.

5 minutes ago, sidofthesouth said:

QoS beat Rangers at Ibrox with Johnston as manager. Gav Reilly got 2 that night. Just sayin likes...

Pushing it a bit as one of the 2 was a penalty in the shoot out :lol:

.That said AJ did take a 3rd tier side to Ibrox and come through the tie successfully against a team in the 4th tier.

Context to all things,  Super Ally was in charge and Rangers were of course shit.

That was minging for the 28 mins I stayed for last night and I can count on one hand the amount of games I have left early from over the space of 30 years watching the pars.

Its good to see Cardle very motivated last night I hope he continues that level into Saturday when we aren't playing against Rangers. I doubt it though...

Rangers easily exposed our full backs which is our weak point  and people are finally seeing that Murdoch doesn't walk on water and does have weaknesses where he costs us goals. He is an ok keeper for our level but isn't good enough for a step up, the level of plaudits he gets for fairly average displays is bizarre.

Although its a cup game against one of the Glasgow teams and some people will write it off it wasn't really an acceptable performance and I would expect us to compete allot better against a pretty average Rangers side.

I'm interested to see how we do against ICT on Saturday. All the teams we have played so far have been lower league, a team just promoted away and two teams in a higher league away. The game on Saturday is against a team at home who have similar ambitions to ourselves (pushing the top end of the table) so we will see if we are competing to that level.

Also the fans of other teams gloating about a Rangers win is cringey

Edited by Fifes Elite Force