Walking Down The Halbeath Road

15 minutes ago, Parscelona said:

Only in May and it seems Johnston has already managed to lose two of our key players to our main title challenger next season. 

Why the f**k are we not offering 2 year deals to the likes of Aird and Clark?  Absolutely laughable.

For all you know the club could have offered 2 year deals to those players but the player/agent only wanted a 1 year deal, so they are free to move on easily.

Maybe the club have told the manager he can't offer 2 year contracts? Or maybe, as Supersouth pointed out, they only asked for a 1 year one, but then a better offer has come along?

No idea though.

12 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

Ashcroft is much more crucial then Aird and Clark imo.

Would still be awful to lose both and would mean we'd have to have one hell of a transfer window if we are to improve the squad.

I agree with this. Our best player IMO.

Brutal if those two go to one of our rivals mind you. 

4 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

I agree with this. Our best player IMO.

Brutal if those two go to one of our rivals mind you. 

Yeah, that would be huge and potentially crippling.

Only way I could find some solace in it was if we got Faiss back and signed Adam Hammill to replace Aird.

2 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Holy shit. Hammill and Faiss in the same team would leave me utterly sodden.

If D.A.F.C. 's dreams come true and we sell Oor Ryan, bring back Calum Woods while we're at it to play RB and big De Vries in goals. That team would be spicy. 

6 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Most tedious thing about Clark and Aird leaving would be the pantomime boos whenever we play United.

Because we all wouldn't move jobs for more money and longer contracts.

I certainly wouldn't. Imagine leaving Stephen's bridies for literally anything else.  Unthinkable. 

Edited by DAFC.

Just now, We Are Pars Fans! said:

Ashcroft signing is huge for us.
Aird n Clark leaving would be shit but both are replaceable, Aird only played in about the last 8-10 games.
A few back I seen people talk about McDonald, he’s a better player than Clark even if he is ageing.

Would find it hard to cheer a Pars team with Scott McDonald in it. He's an absolute c**t.

11 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Would find it hard to cheer a Pars team with Scott McDonald in it. He's an absolute c**t.

This tbh

Would be worse than when we signed Aird.

One of the few/only players I'd probably cheer if they got injured

Edited by TheMessiah

If D.A.F.C. 's dreams come true and we sell Oor Ryan, bring back Calum Woods while we're at it to play RB and big De Vries in goals. That team would be spicy. 

Woods would be a massive improvement he was fantastic.

Aird and Clark haven't signed f**k all anywhere yet, but the knicker wetting AJ bashing already begins.

Has any team at our level signed up their best players coming out of contract yet?! Barely any I imagine.

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Absolutely laughable decision to 1)Not start getting contracts offered out to key players earlier and 2)Only offer one year contracts to said players. 

You deserve mediocrity with shambolic proceedings like that, another poor summer in store for AJ? Brilliant. 

Wasn't your manager out of contract in the summer, ideally if the captain of your ship doesn't know if he will be there, then why would contract talks happen till his position is secure.

That said, the word was your manager shouldn't be there for the upcoming season not so long ago.