Walking Down The Halbeath Road

2 minutes ago, P475 said:

Why are you deliberately ignoring the bit where I say "I could tell anyone"? And in doing so you are proving the second part of my post about attention seeking. 

You're making a tit of yourself now. 

Nope. I just think it's w**k that someone apparently had 'inside' (and possibly confidential) information and said to you and said that you could tell anyone, and you then ran on here to tell everyone. 

Perspective is a wonderful thing.

Financial prudence at the club is an essential thing.

Building a capable team is a difficult thing.

Pleasing everybody is an impossible thing.

So in summary, hard working people are doing their best. Fans will bicker and some talk shite.

11 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Did anyone see Splaine play? I literally have no memory of seeing him before his injury. Strange signing at the time, had been out the game for a year.

I thought he looked good in a pre season game last year. 

Can't remember who it was against though. 

16 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Did anyone see Splaine play? I literally have no memory of seeing him before his injury. Strange signing at the time, had been out the game for a year.

Would like to see him back at QoS. 

17 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

The only time I can remember him playing was coming on as a sub against St. Mirren and getting clawed in the face resulting in said clawer being sent off. 

Delighted to see Ashcroft, Robinson and Craigen stay. 

Ashcroft was deserving of a 2-year deal and I'm pleased he's accepted. 

Craigen and Robinson add good competition. Craigen can play anywhere across the midfield which is positive and it is the kind of player we will need over the course of a full season. 

Robinson should start the campaign as number one, even if Murdoch is fit. It'll be a great battle between those two next year: it also points towards Gill going out and hopefully getting matches, which is encouraging too. 

It'd certainly be disappointing to lose Aird, Clark and McManus but it is hard to comment until any are confirmed as being off and until we see who replaces them if they were to leave. Hopefully we can retain them, although that looks unlikely for Aird at least. 

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

No strop being thrown, if we lose some players because other teams offer more money then that's fair, however losing players because we're only offering one year deals is poor, and plenty of blame can be apportioned for that. I think that's the third time I've posted that, it's definitely not a strop. 

We're perfectly capable of offering two year contracts. Where on earth did I say that AJ was to force them to stay? Do you even read posts? 

I'd rather just sign the best players avaliable tbh, I don't think any player we sign is going to see Dunfermline as the peak of there aspirations, I hope not anyway. Sibbald would suck his dad off through his gammy tooth to get a contract with Luton but I'm sure Falkirk fans will be hero worshiping him next season. 

We clearly are capable of offering 2 year contracts and already have, hence Ashcroft getting one.

Why would we offer Aird a brand new 2 year deal when he was already on a contract with a 1 year option? 

How do you know Clark hasn't been offered a 2 year deal?

Should Ashcroft be offered a 1 year extension next summer so that he's not on a dreaded 1 year deal?

The fact of the matter is, that player's agents will try to move them to the place that 1. The most money is to be made and 2. The greatest prospects for their player's career is.

Looking at it objectively, we are a team that has been in the top division for one season in the last decade, following which our club very nearly went to the wall.

Dundee United are a much more lucrative option and, despite their recent ineptitude and failure to mount any serious title challenge, have much better prospects of escaping this division before we do.

If/when we are able to return to the top flight and stabilise ourselves there, we will be able to start looking at what the club is doing when players move for a free at the end of their contracts despite being offered new deals. As it stands, we're just not as appealing a club to play for the clubs that we see as our peers.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Nope. I just think it's w**k that someone apparently had 'inside' (and possibly confidential) information and said to you and said that you could tell anyone, and you then ran on here to tell everyone. 

What you think is totally irrelevant. 

The only thing that was confidential was the name of the guy that told me. 

"Ran on here". I see you still like to try and add a bit drama to your slaverings. You did the same thing on dafc.net as well. When you were called out time and time again, you ran away :lol:

4 minutes ago, P475 said:

What you think is totally irrelevant. 

The only thing that was confidential was the name of the guy that told me. 

"Ran on here". I see you still like to try and add a bit drama to your slaverings. You did the same thing on dafc.net as well. When you were called out time and time again, you ran away :lol:

Surely what we all think it irrelevant? It's an open forum though, so we all give our opinions. Was the person who told your 'source' ok to have the information shared publicly? 

On .net? I haven't posted on there for about 5 years. Are you confusing me with someone else?

Edited by DA Baracus

8 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

We clearly are capable of offering 2 year contracts and already have, hence Ashcroft getting one.

Why would we offer Aird a brand new 2 year deal when he was already on a contract with a 1 year option? 

Should Ashcroft be offered a 1 year extension next summer so that he's not on a dreaded 1 year deal?

The fact of the matter is, that player's agents will try to move them to the place that 1. The most money is to be made and 2. The greatest prospects for their player's career is.

Looking at it objectively, we are a team that has been in the top division for one season in the last decade, following which our club very nearly went to the wall.

Dundee United are a much more lucrative option and, despite their recent ineptitude and failure to mount any serious title challenge, have much better prospects of escaping this division before we do.

If/when we are able to return to the top flight and stabilise ourselves there, we will be able to start looking at what the club is doing when players move for a free at the end of their contracts despite being offered new deals. As it stands, we're just not as appealing a club to play for the clubs that we see as our peers.

It boils down to money. Players will go where they are getting the most money, absolute fact. Sometimes location will play a part for some, but if someone is offering, say, a third more, then they're offski. 

In the case of Dundee United and us: they are a bigger club, can offer much more money and a good city with transport links. Pretty much a no brainer. 

If someone we're trying to keep leaves us to join any other team in this league, I could only imagine they'll be offering far more in terms of wages and/or a longer contract. 

29 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Surely what we all think it irrelevant? It's an open forum though, so we all give our opinions. Was the person who told your 'source' ok to have the information shared publicly? 

On .net? I haven't posted on there for about 5 years. Are you confusing me with someone else?

As I've said 3 or 4 times. 

"I could tell who I wanted but not who told me" I don't know how to make this point easier for you, maybe you should consider asking your mummy or teacher to help you understand that one? 

I can tell who I wanted, I just can't say who told me. 

The person that told me this asked me not to name him. 

Surely you have got that now? 

17 minutes ago, P475 said:

"I could tell who I wanted but not who told me" I don't know how to make this point easier for you, maybe you should consider asking your mummy or teacher to help you understand that one? 

Aha! So it's a man that told you. We'll get to the bottom of this national scandal eventually.

27 minutes ago, P475 said:

Does their name start with a vowel?

Do they have glasses?

Do they have brown hair?

29 minutes ago, P475 said:

I got it the first time. I think you're missing my point which is that such behaviour is a bit w**k in my view. Perhaps you need the comprehension lesson(s)?

Also not sure what was difficult to understand about the question I posed; Was the person who told your 'source' ok to have the information shared publicly? 

Yet you never answered it and instead spraffed some shite about me apparently not understanding your answer. Someone obviously told your 'source' the information, who then told you. So was the person who told your 'source' ok with you sharing it publicly? Not a hard question. Try again.

1 hour ago, TheMessiah said:

Because Aird was really, really good for us? Because there was a chance that he would move this summer for f**k all? Why would him being on a contract matter, Ashcroft was already on a contract, one year deal for him? 

Where did I say that we'd offered Clark a 1 year deal? Again, try reading. 

Can Ashcroft move next summer to another team for nothing? I'll let you figure the rest of the answer out. 

The fact of the matter is, and it'll be the fourth time I've typed it for you, is that offering Aird, one of the best performers we had and a key part to our end of season revival a one year deal was a mistake, if we had offered him a two year deal and he'd moved for more money then that's fair enough(Again, I've said that a few times now) however just offering a one year contract was foolish, as you've grasped, we are capable of giving out two year contracts.