Walking Down The Halbeath Road

4 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

Glad that the AJ chapter has come to an end finally. Shame that his final memory at the club will be a massive "AJ get tae f**k" chant. It wasn't all doom and gloom though and he should be proud of his efforts over his tenure. Getting us out of League One, putting together strong runs down the stretch to steal 5th and 4th place finishes as well. Sadly this season he'd run out of ideas. Couldn't get the spark needed within the team to push on, so it's time for someone else to have a go. There's still some talent in this team, somebody's got to get it out of them. 

Once the "*Insert manager name here* get tae f**k" is chanted, it's curtains for the manager. 

4 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Once the "*Insert manager name here* get tae f**k" is chanted, it's curtains for the manager. 

Very true. Surprised it took this long for it to happen tbh. The fans have been quite fair with him imo, he'd had more than enough time to try and turn it around and it just wasn't happening for him this time.

17 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

Very true. Surprised it took this long for it to happen tbh. The fans have been quite fair with him imo, he'd had more than enough time to try and turn it around and it just wasn't happening for him this time.

My old mans wanted him out for a while so it reasonably pleased with it, saying the same as most people in that he should've went earlier. Strange timing to leave when right in the middle of a transfer window given that most people would have wanted at least some signings to improve the squad I would imagine..

23 minutes ago, kiddy said:

I've been expecting you.

IImage result for paul hartley

If Goodwin takes the Pars gig, Hartley is a stick on for a return to Alloa, Mulraney thinks the sun shines out his erse and fortunately/unfortunately i doubt his "troubled" spell at Falkirk will have changed his perception of him.

48 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

Glad that the AJ chapter has come to an end finally. Shame that his final memory at the club will be a massive "AJ get tae f**k" chant. It wasn't all doom and gloom though and he should be proud of his efforts over his tenure. Getting us out of League One, putting together strong runs down the stretch to steal 5th and 4th place finishes as well. Sadly this season he'd run out of ideas. Couldn't get the spark needed within the team to push on, so it's time for someone else to have a go. There's still some talent in this team, somebody's got to get it out of them. 

Totally agree - He pretty much overhauled our entire sports science and conditioning facilities from the cutting edge of JJ before him. Hope he does well in his next job.

On ‎07‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 13:16, DA Baracus said:

You say one side of the story, which is fair, but have you heard from the club why they didn't allow this fan in? What was their side of the story?

Anyway, folk shouldn't be expecting the manager to be punted. He should be of course, and it should have happened a while ago, but it's clear to everyone that it won't happen until (and maybe not even then?) we are in serious danger of finishing bottom 2. No idea why the club haven't sacked the management yet.

I might fire off an email to see if they'll give any answer.

Nicely done!!!!

26 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

you can thank us later once you have a new manager in :rolleyes: trouten got AJ sacked ..priceless

Ben Gordon basically got Dundee promoted with his late equaliser at Dens. I actually walked out the stadium trying to contain a smile, it was absolutely perfect timing to punt Bomber.

Don't think AJ can have any complaints, they've went from one of my favourites for the league to little more than relegation battlers in a short space of time, too good a club to put up with that shite for too long.

Today's news will probably boost the away crowd on Sat and I'd imagine there will be some vocal support for Petrie. There always is when we play at Tannadice tbf.

What do people think about Crawford being interim until the end of the season? Could see that being an option considered by the board, especially if he gets a couple of decent results.

Thinking I'll write up a bigger post about AJ once I get back in from the pub this evening.