Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 minute ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I mean, we're looking for someone who won't lose over half of their league games. I don't think the bar is being set very high for replacements to jump over.

If he was going it'd been announced by now.

Looks like he'll live to fight another defeat. 

5 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Don't be so negative :(

Was AJ not announced around midday he had been binned?

We all know we're going to get a bollocking off Dundee in front of the cameras with him in charge. Absolute fear.  

1 minute ago, DAFC. said:

Was AJ not announced around midday he had been binned?

We all know we're going to get a bollocking off Dundee in front of the cameras with him in charge. Absolute fear.  

We'll give him a bit more added security, if anything.

3 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

If he was going it'd been announced by now.

Looks like he'll live to fight another defeat. 

Not really. 

AJ was sacked on the Wednesday, news broke about 1400,and that was with us having a game on the Saturday. 

I'd hope it would be announced this afternoon. However I have a bad feeling it won't. 

Not sure why anyone would be expecting a board statement really. Clubs don't really release statements if they are in a bad run of form and Crawford has been allowed to bring in two loans and extend the contracts of two other players (all four of which are being viewed as positive in at least some regard?). He'll be here until the end of the season unless we are in the bottom two with a handful of games left, I'd imagine.

23 hours ago, JFPar said:

There definitely was a Friday game in Ayr where we won 0-1 through Faiss, this was the season we finished 7th in SFL1. Wasn't on the box though.

Yup, took us top that result. Scotland played Georgia at home the following day.

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Not sure why anyone would be expecting a board statement really. Clubs don't really release statements if they are in a bad run of form and Crawford has been allowed to bring in two loans and extend the contracts of two other players (all four of which are being viewed as positive in at least some regard?). He'll be here until the end of the season unless we are in the bottom two with a handful of games left, I'd imagine.

I didn't expect a statement if he wasn't being give his jotters tbf.

I did think a 5th consecutive defeat might be the final straw but that was probably wishful thinking.

On 12/01/2020 at 14:12, JFPar said:

If my memory serves me right, we've never won a Friday night televised game since they were introduced within the last decade. I can recall the pilot Friday night game against Aberdeen at Pittodrie, think we were 4-0 down early on, maybe even HT. We got beat by Airdrie in the season we won the league, coldest night of football I can recall. Humped at home to St.Mirren last season at home on a Friday and then the 2-2 with Dundee on the opening weekend this season. I'm sure there are others. Anyway, point I was trying to make was that it does't bode well.

Did you not beat Thistle 1-0 towards the start of last season at EEP. It was a shocking game and I'm guessing it was August September as Archibald was still in charge and during Christie Elliott's crisis of confidence when given the captain's armband. He sold the goal which was heading for a dire 0-0.

I think Aaron Connolly was the scorer? 🤔

12 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Did you not beat Thistle 1-0 towards the start of last season at EEP. It was a shocking game and I'm guessing it was August September as Archibald was still in charge and during Christie Elliott's crisis of confidence when given the captain's armband. He sold the goal which was heading for a dire 0-0.

Connely scores a shit/easy goal.  The ball fell straight too him right in the middle of the goal. 

24 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

That game would have got football stopped. Utterly wretched.

We lost at home to Ayr later in the season on TV and it was equally poor, with Scully throwing another one in.

I think Aaron Connolly was the scorer? [emoji848]

Aye you’re right, we did. Wasn’t on the telly but it happened. Worst game of football in a while if I recall correctly. Connolly scored but really a 0-0 should’ve been the result.

Aye you’re right, we did. Wasn’t on the telly but it happened. Worst game of football in a while if I recall correctly. Connolly scored but really a 0-0 should’ve been the result.

Was it not on Alba? For some reason I had it in my head this game was on tv.

3 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Was it not on Alba? For some reason I had it in my head this game was on tv.

I’m pretty sure it was on TV not that I watched it back. Alba is a good shout.