Walking Down The Halbeath Road

8 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Based on current info probably best to put anyone out of contract on rolling monthly deals.  That means they still get payed under furlough but we can cancel the contract quite quickly if the scheme ends and we still have no idea on when we can play.  

As I already said on this thread, under current SPFL rules you cannot do 'rolling monthly contracts'. The 1st time they sign one after 9th June it has to run to 1st January. Thats minimum length.

The SPFL is going to have to amend its rules if we are to allow rolling extensions.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

4 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Skyline drifter confirmed your ok to re-new contracts.  Must be before they end and if you change the wage furlough only cover 80% of the lower figure.

Yes, but I also confirmed you cant do rolling monthly contracts as you are proposing. You are being selective in your recollection!

Its still a risk obviously to extend contracts when you dont know when you can play again. You might give a year's extension, not play again till January and then find the furlough scheme ceases in August. You would want a lot more certainty about restart date and furlough length before you did that I think.

Monthly rolling extensions would be better but rules will need changed first.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

4 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Yes, but I also confirmed you cant do rolling monthly contracts as you are proposing. You are being selective in your recollection!

Its still a risk obviously to extend contracts when you dont know when you can play again. You might give a year's extension, not play again till January and then find the furlough scheme ceases in August. You would want a lot more certainty about restart date and furlough length before you did that I think.

Monthly rolling extensions would be better but rules will need changed first.

Slight mistake there.  However I was only talking of furlough rules.  SPFL rules will be changed surely. It would be an absolute disgrace if they weren’t given it suits everyone involved.

Anyway I thought we agreed we can offer a short term deal even under current circumstances? Can we not at  offer deals 1, 2 or 3 month deals? They would be signed before the transfer window opened so your ok under spfl rules, players would be released before end of transfer window(even if it’s stupidly not moved) and ok under furlough.

but as said spfl rules should be a piece of piss to change, there is absolutely 0 reason for anyone to object. 

Do we have a non-goal moment of the season?  Seemed to miss out on one this year.
Things like Fleming putting tade on the railway track or falkingham out jumping Stevenson(ok that lead to a goal, but was funny in itself) have been winners in the past.
eta.  Wedderturns as well.  Suppose don Thomas’ impression can be a candidate for this year 
Paton hitting a Zidane-esque full volley off the bar against East Kilbride.

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

Slight mistake there.  However I was only talking of furlough rules.  SPFL rules will be changed surely. It would be an absolute disgrace if they weren’t given it suits everyone involved.

Anyway I thought we agreed we can offer a short term deal even under current circumstances? Can we not at  offer deals 1, 2 or 3 month deals? They would be signed before the transfer window opened so your ok under spfl rules, players would be released before end of transfer window(even if it’s stupidly not moved) and ok under furlough.

but as said spfl rules should be a piece of piss to change, there is absolutely 0 reason for anyone to object. 

You can offer ONE short term deal before the existing one runs out. You would need to decide at that point whether to make it one month, two months or whatever other date you want. To extend it after 9th June it would need to run to 1st Jan.

I tend to agree though that rules should be changed temporarily to allow it. That would need yet another club vote though.

1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:
10 hours ago, parsforlife said:
Do we have a non-goal moment of the season?  Seemed to miss out on one this year.
Things like Fleming putting tade on the railway track or falkingham out jumping Stevenson(ok that lead to a goal, but was funny in itself) have been winners in the past.
eta.  Wedderturns as well.  Suppose don Thomas’ impression can be a candidate for this year 

Paton hitting a Zidane-esque full volley off the bar against East Kilbride.

I can’t remember what game it was but he did an absolute superb outside of the boot flick on at one point.  Something you don’t expect to see at this level and something that should just not happen from him. 

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Is Tam Lang under contract?

Yes. Signed a 2 year deal last summer.

Didn’t see too much of him obviously.  He had a good reputation, and certainly looks physically capable.  I think I watched him 3 times. He looked out of his depth vs Hibs, had nothing to do in a friendly vs Crossgates.  I don’t think he could have too many complaints about not getting a chance early on with it being clear he was on a learning path. But he got an opportunity in the Alloa challenge cup match and took it with both hands.  Had he not done his hamstring that day he would have have been partnering Ashcroft the following week without doubt and could well have cemented himself in the starting 11. By the time he was back fit Devine had just about figured out how to play football and Murray was edging closer to fitness.  I felt at the time he was harshly treated being sent back to Clyde but our defensive record has been decent since.   I don’t know if Clyde fans think he has improved in the last year but hopefully he has.  Certainly a lot of potential.  

Ashcroft for me.
Nisbet's was delightful, as was Thomas'.
I think Beadling's is included just for the scenes during the celebration. Easily the best celebrated goal of the season. Big noisy crowd jumping all over the place. Brilliant stuff. Think we would have won had we got to penalties. Very unlucky. Also forgot about the sitter Nisbet missed first half (fairly early on). Later on in the season and he'd have had that in the net I think.

Since that game I’ve liked to tell myself we’d have gone on to get the absolute scudding we expected if we went 1-0 up in the first half.