Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I’m slightly more optimistic now over keeping nisbet, clubs are likely to be more cautious this summer and might not be willing to pay significant transfer fees.   Of course the opposite is also true in that we might be less willing to turn down smaller bids. He’s still probably away but less certain than before.

mcmanus afolabi front 2 would maybe work.  His goals are going to be impossible to directly replace and we’re going to need to change the way we attack to get more out of Dow, turner etc. 

1 hour ago, Axle Grease said:

Devine for me regarding Dunfermline POTY. 

In all seriousness if there was a category for 'most improved player' akin to under 9s boys football, he'd probably get it.

Gabby McGill is missing as well, as is gill.

so Gill at 22 is seen as too old and McGill/Edwards are not included even tho there 19.   Smith is missing from it(presumably due to his loan, yet others like Allan have also been loaned out) 

It seems to me like the clubs website has been used as a source for who is a first team player and who is a youth, it makes no sense.  Lewis crosbie was injured in his first game with crossgates and missed the season yet is an option.

anyway. Nisbet, Ashcroft, mccann.

Whoever is (terribly) writing those Memorable Game reports thinks that the SPL was in existence in 1991.

I think the Memorable Matches thing is a really good idea, but they really have to proof read them before putting them on the official website. It's so amateur to have such poorly written material on the club site.

On 18/04/2020 at 23:46, Grant228 said:

Going off the provision that Nisbet moves on is there any strikers you'd like to see is go for? 

Declan McManus would probably be the best shout from the lower leagues, probably. 

Nisbet and McManus up front. Dom Thomas and Greg Kiltie on the wings. That should do damage in this league. 

Do we accept bids for Nisbet or keep him and have a proper attempt at getting promoted?

Dow has been one of our best players this year (yes, better than Comrie).

He definitely shouldn't be dropped. Would be delighted with him and Thomas on the wings. Probably wishful thinking though.

Nisbet is surely away though. Can't see the club knocking back decent bids when money is so tight just now. Just hope that they don't settle on a lower bid, although January did show that they want to hold out for what he's worth. Just worried that due to the circumstances the market could be somewhat deflated or clubs could try and take the piss a bit with bids. I doubt the club will be short of offers for him though.

We shall see!

Those Hafnarfjordur games were absolute dog shite. I remember going to Legends to watch the first leg. State of the art technology in 2004 meant someone was able to show a dodgy lagging stream of the game while they played Radio Scotland over the speakers, the radio commentary was a good minute and a half in front of the stream.

I absolutely loved the Sweden trip. Gutted I wasn't able to get to Iceland.

We should have beaten both of those teams. Hay shat it away in Iceland but then we somehow managed to get a result, and when we in front at McDiarmid that should have been it. However, because he's a fucking terrible and negative manager we shat it and ended up papped out in humiliating circumstances.

Murdoch's faux pas at East End gave Hacken an equaliser I'm not sure they would have gotten otherwise. Didn't particularly matter though as once again we shat it massively away from home. 

I absolutely loved the Sweden trip. Gutted I wasn't able to get to Iceland.
We should have beaten both of those teams. Hay shat it away in Iceland but then we somehow managed to get a result, and when we in front at McDiarmid that should have been it. However, because he's a fucking terrible and negative manager we shat it and ended up papped out in humiliating circumstances.
Murdoch's faux pas at East End gave Hacken an equaliser I'm not sure they would have gotten otherwise. Didn't particularly matter though as once again we shat it massively away from home. 
I lived in England at the time and there was no way I could afford to get to Iceland for the FH game away. I watched it on an early incarnation of Pars TV (internet football dot co dot uk I think; LuxPar on dotnet ran it I think) and breathed a sigh of relief when we got the equaliser as I thought that meant we'd get through and I'd be able to do to next round's away game on my megre salary at the time even it meant driving to Luxembourg or wherever and sleeping in the car. I think I listened to Radio Scotland for the second leg and was devastated.

For the Hacken game, I was at the first leg and saw us go a goal up early and until Murdoch let that long ball bounce over his head I couldn't wee them scoring. I was disappointed we hadn't won the game and won it convincingly but thought we'd be fine over there. The away leg coincided with my first day of teaching which I couldn't miss which was a major pain in the arse (had the away leg came first I'd have been over there like a shot) so again I missed out on seeing the Pars abroad. I'd seen us at Berwick (!) but sadly Borehamwood is about as likely as I'll ever get at seeing us play in another country. Sad.