Walking Down The Halbeath Road

9 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

I was smashed at that game as well, spent 60 mins praising hardie when it was dowie in midfield.

There’s a great vid from the Morton end.

Pretty sure that’s VT doing the moaning.

:lol:

I was pretty wrapped up in the pitch invasion and celebrations to take much notice of the Morton fans but from pictures at the time and the video they seem pretty indifferent to it, applaud there team off, watch the celebrations for a bit then off they went. No aggravation no fuss. Certainly can't remember any hassle from them. 

Pitch invasions are class when they're hassle free, heat of the moment and exuberance and all that. The one a week later against Falkirk wasn't well received by our own fans. 

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

I was pretty wrapped up in the pitch invasion and celebrations to take much notice of the Morton fans but from pictures at the time and the video they seem pretty indifferent to it, applaud there team off, watch the celebrations for a bit then off they went. No aggravation no fuss. Certainly can't remember any hassle from them. 

Pitch invasions are class when they're hassle free, heat of the moment and exuberance and all that. The one a week later against Falkirk wasn't well received by our own fans. 

Morton fans were sound that day, quite a few wished us well and shook hands etc.

I thankfully realised about 1.30 that I needed to calm the drinking or I’d suffer the fate of chicken wing. 

pretty sure half of fife was in the Norseman pre-match.   I’m a little surprised that so many appeared to stayed off the pitch. It certainly didn’t feel like that at the time as I drunkenly shook hands with rusty but never actually said anything.

echo the praise of Morton that day. Everything was handled well. 

We were in the beer garden of The James Watt pre match. Lovely sunny day with loads of folk singing, loads of Martin Hardie masks and the sambuca pipe.

I was in The James Watt before the 1-1 game this season. First time I'd been in it since that day. The beer garden was empty and looked desolate in the drizzle. I thought about taking a picture for the comparison.

I don't recall you doing anything dodgy on the bus home.
The Lizzie kicked us out for singing Pars songs but the town made up for it (although there might have been one other place where sour old firm supporting bouncers were raging that someone else had won something, but I can't mind where it was).
Mind you had to call it an early night though because you, and another person, seemingly had hear stroke. 
Aye, banned from the lizzie which was swiftly revoked. Heat stroke sounds about right!

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

I thankfully realised about 1.30 that I needed to calm the drinking or I’d suffer the fate of chicken wing. 

pretty sure half of fife was in the Norseman pre-match.   I’m a little surprised that so many appeared to stayed off the pitch. It certainly didn’t feel like that at the time as I drunkenly shook hands with rusty but never actually said anything.

echo the praise of Morton that day. Everything was handled well. 

I gave Liam Buchanan a big hug. Reckon he'd only been on a bit but he was a fair sweaty boi.

FB_IMG_1588286984131.jpg.71627f38ecd953a398ddb50f55d4bf8d.jpg

I was smashed at that game as well, spent 60 mins praising hardie when it was dowie in midfield.
There’s a great vid from the Morton end.

Pretty sure that’s VT doing the moaning.
[emoji38]

f**k, Dowie was class that day. Should have played that role more often IMO.

I bought a few extra programmes on the way out (fair play to Morton for realising they could shift more at full time with us having secured the title) and the guy selling them said something like "mind beat they Paisley b*****ds next season" as I got them. Was all good natured stuff.

The following week of course, everyone was told that the players would come back out for a lap of honour and a proper trophy presentation but only if fans stayed off the pitch. Morons have got to moron though, and folk went on the pitch. I remember loads of folk being rightly pissed off when folk ran onto the park again during the lap of honour - firstly because they had been to that section of the North West but hadn't been past the Norrie yet but also because a lot of the players had their families with them, including young children.

Guest Axle Grease
4 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

That picture was posted today by the club on FB. I'm a bit porkier then than I am now.

Are you usually fat like? 

9 hours ago, Grant228 said:

I gave Liam Buchanan a big hug. Reckon he'd only been on a bit but he was a fair sweaty boi.

FB_IMG_1588286984131.jpg.71627f38ecd953a398ddb50f55d4bf8d.jpg

How the f**k did you manage to levitate?

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Player of the Year: Kevin Nesbit

Young Player of the Year: Lewis McCann

Goal of the season: Lee Ashcroft vs Ayr

POTY was undisputed to any sane person (although 22% of the voters require immediate admission to the nearest sanitarium).

GOTS was right I think but can definitely see arguments for others.

YPOTS was totally meh given the candidates. I voted for McCann but many of the candidates were not even in the first team.