Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I had high hopes for the 1st David Graham. Cost around 200k from Rangers and Scotland under 21 international.. An complete flop and waste of money. He then went on to have a successful career in England with Torquay, Wigan and Sheffield Wednesday.

Edited by Chubbychops

Junior Mendes is a good shout. He always looked brilliant against us for St Mirren. He was actually great in the first game of the season, home to Aberdeen (one of the Youngs was sent off fairly late on but we couldn't take advantage and it finished 0-0) but, as Boz says, was gash or injured the rest of the time save for the first half of the Feyenoord game (which was 2-2 at half time!).

David Graham is another good shout. He was pish and seemingly had a big baws attitude because he 'played' for (dead) Rangers.

I wasn't convinced when we signed Mark Burchill. I just saw an injury prone guy who had done nothing since leaving Celtic. We were his 10th club in total and his goal scoring record was really poor, but he was brilliant in 05/06.

For some reason I remember Alex Whittle having the reputation of a prolific goal scorer when he first signed. Didn’t Tappies rename the Skittle bomb after Whittle, before he’d even kicked a ball?

I was also going to mention Ross Forbes but saying his name in a Pars context is a bit like lighting beacons of Gondor for some Morton fans.

If you're after a laugh on this miserable day, please take a wee donder over to the Rovers thread, where in the last few days they have claimed they have the best midfield in the Championship, the best striker in the Championship & a player who's worth £10 million.

From high hopes to doing bugger all - Edinho. A Brazilian playing for us? Must be too good to be true, and it was. Think he managed one goal in a 2-1 defeat to Hearts. The next Brazilian, Sergio Duarte, I'm struggling to remember doing anything at all. I think they're the only Brazilians to play for us?

From "who?" to legend - Lee Bullen. Think he played every position except goalkeeper, was transfer listed at one point and fought his way back to being a regular starter.

Oh, and that goal against Hearts. That fucking goal against Hearts. Absolute filth.

If you're after a laugh on this miserable day, please take a wee donder over to the Rovers thread, where in the last few days they have claimed they have the best midfield in the Championship, the best striker in the Championship & a player who's worth £10 million.
Iain Davidsons no worth a tenner nevermind ten mill.

From high hopes to doing bugger all - Edinho. A Brazilian playing for us? Must be too good to be true, and it was. Think he managed one goal in a 2-1 defeat to Hearts. The next Brazilian, Sergio Duarte, I'm struggling to remember doing anything at all. I think they're the only Brazilians to play for us?
From "who?" to legend - Lee Bullen. Think he played every position except goalkeeper, was transfer listed at one point and fought his way back to being a regular starter.
Oh, and that goal against Hearts. That fucking goal against Hearts. Absolute filth.
Duarte's time was before Edinho's.

9 minutes ago, Chicken Wing said:
57 minutes ago, ParsJake said:

Duarte's time was before Edinho's.

Note to self - Use Google before posting...:ph34r:

Er, no "they" haven't. One poster speculated on the value of a player and has had his reality checked by many others. Similarly, comments made on midfield and strikers are neither collective nor unanimous. But never let the facts get in the way of a good story, eh?

Junior Mendes is a good shout. He always looked brilliant against us for St Mirren. He was actually great in the first game of the season, home to Aberdeen (one of the Youngs was sent off fairly late on but we couldn't take advantage and it finished 0-0) but, as Boz says, was gash or injured the rest of the time save for the first half of the Feyenoord game (which was 2-2 at half time!).
David Graham is another good shout. He was pish and seemingly had a big baws attitude because he 'played' for (dead) Rangers.
I wasn't convinced when we signed Mark Burchill. I just saw an injury prone guy who had done nothing since leaving Celtic. We were his 10th club in total and his goal scoring record was really poor, but he was brilliant in 05/06.
Only good thing about mendes was that signing him meant that st mirren were knackered.
All good shouts on here, was going to mention brewster as a surprise as well.
Ian Ferguson surprised me because he was supposed to be a clogger but was decent on the ball.

An older one might be Milos Drizic. Signed for 200k around the time of kozma and oboyle. Had played for red star Bucharest just after they won the European Cup.
Can only remember him wearing cycling shorts and trying to play football inside the 18 yard box which was unheard of back then.
Along with David Graham mk1 he was probably biggest waste of money.

Er, no "they" haven't. One poster speculated on the value of a player and has had his reality checked by many others. Similarly, comments made on midfield and strikers are neither collective nor unanimous. But never let the facts get in the way of a good story, eh?
So, none of it happened?