Walking Down The Halbeath Road

McCabe is a ball playing midfielder, he had a couple of really good games in league 1. Likes to try the 40 yard diagonals and loves a shot from distance.  I would think dobbie would be happy to see him In the side. 

That said he’s definitely someone you’d rather have playing when everything is going your way than when it’s going against you,  defensively he’s not great and if it’s a scrappy midfield battle then he might as well not be on the pitch.  

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

We've signed Rhys McCabe. What's his style of play? More detail than "Shite" would be most welcome.

His passing is probably his best asset. I got the impression he thought he was better than he was. He's a bit self indulgent and I  got the impression that he put more effort into making himself look good as a midfield maestro than rolling the sleeves up when it was needed.  Seen worse players and his success will depend on the the players around him and the way AJ accommodates him.

Thought he was alright, was a central midfielder signed at a time when we didn't have a central midfielder. 
Might be making it up, but I'm sure he scored an absolute screamer at some point. 

Aye I remember this too. I’m sure he scored a long range effort against Albion Rovers too, but the ‘keeper made an utter skidmark of it.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Allan Johnston doesn't have the largest contact book, does he?

Because he has worked with Rhys McCabe before?

Pybus is a return from last year but he was a left field signing out of Norwegian football then and he hasnt worked with the others before as far as I know.

At the end of the day we are in tbe market generally for bottom end full time players. There may be the odd player from down South and youngster on loan out of the Premier like every other club at this level but most of them are going to be familiar names from championship level football.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

36 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Because he has worked with Rhys McCabe before?

Pybus is a return from last year but he was a left field signing out of Norwegian football then and he hasnt worked with the others before as far as I know.

At the end of the day we are in tbe market generally for bottom end full time players. There may be the odd player from down South and youngster on loan out of the Premier like every other club at this level but most of them are going to be familiar names from championship level football.

He tried to re sign Buchanan for Dunfermline, along the ex Albion Rovers striker, obviously he also had McCabe aswell. 

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

He tried to re sign Buchanan for Dunfermline, along the ex Albion Rovers striker, obviously he also had McCabe aswell. 

I knew he had tried for Buchanan before. Didnt know about Shields but fact remains he hasnt actually worked with them before. There are plenty of trialists out of left field floating about too. In the same way Pybus came out of nowhere last season.

When Raith fans ask Dunfermline fans about a player they had 5 years ago, they're not going to tell you about how his spell at Ebbsfleet went are they.
My point was the Pars fans citing opinions of a players performance formed 5 or 6 years ago as if they were current or indeed relevant is hardly worth the bother.

My point was the Pars fans citing opinions of a players performance formed 5 or 6 years ago as if they were current or indeed relevant is hardly worth the bother.
Then tell your fellow wee team supporters not to bother asking, or bringing up the subject then.

1 hour ago, Brashy's Boots said:
On 21/08/2020 at 14:24, kev23 said:

When Raith fans ask Dunfermline fans about a player they had 5 years ago, they're not going to tell you about how his spell at Ebbsfleet went are they.

I answered a question posed by one of your fellow fans, you trumpet. 

18 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

We've signed Rhys McCabe. What's his style of play? More detail than "Shite" would be most welcome.

He's alright for this level, tbh. Not the type to make difference in getting a play-off place or that but comfortably capable of Championship football. 

Then tell your fellow wee team supporters not to bother asking, or bringing up the subject then.
I'm not an advocate of censorship, so I won't be telling anyone what to ask and what not to ask. But for anyone here to say he's shite is, unless they've seen him recently and on at least a couple of occasions, irrelevant pish.

5 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

I'm not an advocate of censorship, so I won't be telling anyone what to ask and what not to ask. But for anyone here to say he's shite is, unless they've seen him recently and on at least a couple of occasions, irrelevant pish.

Sit down. People said he was shite during his spell with us. You're making an issue out of absolutely nothing here. 

I hope he's absolutely fucking horse dung this season. 

Fez the second time around. Thought he would at least be decent. As we all know, he was not. 

Iain Turner in goals. Thought he'd played at a higher level (albeit constantly on loan and not so often). Was fucking disgusting. 

Junior Mendez. Ripped us apart for St Mirren every time he played against us, an absolute machine. For whatever reason, Calderwood couldn't get his best position or something, did absolutely nothing for us and scored his only goal in a friendly against Feyenoord.

On the other hand, I didn't think or know much about Scott Nipper Thomson when Paton signed him. Came from the wee team on a free??? Became a legend. 

Derek Stillie I wasn't that happy about either. We had Marco who was doing a fine job in goals and I think we already had a back up goalie?? Could be wrong. Anyway, Stillie forced his way into the side and was brilliant for us.