Walking Down The Halbeath Road

6 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Is he not a left back? Was highly rated at Partick. 

Glad we're targeting one of the weaker positions. 

Is Josh Edwards still keeping his place in the side, or is this the position you are looking to strengthen..

For the record Edwards and Kyle McDonald on the other side were pretty average in the Airdrie side, surprised when they got the move to the championship..

Good player although I don't think Martindale rated him as highly as the fans. Signed as an emergency initially but he had a great run at left back prior to COVID ending the season. We then signed two left backs last summer and only played centre back from then onwards.
Surprised he has been without a club for so long.
We were rumoured to be in talks with him last summer but it never came to pass. From what McGlynn said before, Liam Dick wasn't our first choice and he was aware of that. Either way it's worked out fine for us.

8 hours ago, Passionate said:

Is Josh Edwards still keeping his place in the side, or is this the position you are looking to strengthen..

For the record Edwards and Kyle McDonald on the other side were pretty average in the Airdrie side, surprised when they got the move to the championship..

Josh Edwards is the only natural left back at the moment. He has flashes of excellence going forward, but about 95% of the time he is honestly useless at this level. Gets beat far too easily and is just simply too powderpuff at defending. League 1 at best. MacDonald is similar. He has been played as a right midfielder this term which shows how shite the rest of the squad is. He has good delivery and decent at passing the ball, but is a complete shitebag at challenging for second balls and also gets beat far too easily. Another player that isn't good enough for a club supposedly with one of the highest budgets and challenging for the title. 

Our squad is littered with players like this. Just simply nowhere near good enough for this club. 

I thought Mcdonald was fine at wing back despite how shite we were in that 352. His crossing ability is superb. If we're able to somehow mould him into a competent right sided midfielder, he'd be a threat over there. Can't see that happening mind.

Great news about Martin, best player at the club when fit outside of Dom.

I thought Mcdonald was fine at wing back despite how shite we were in that 352. His crossing ability is superb. If we're able to somehow mould him into a competent right sided midfielder, he'd be a threat over there. Can't see that happening mind.

Martin is out of contract is he not. Could have swore I read that on an earlier update about him. But he is still with us training and we will see what level he is at once he is fit.

So for me it depends is he going to be as good as before or even useful to us, or going to be like Dow and simply not be the same player anymore. Hard to say but we have stuck by him for so long and we can't afford to keep average players on the books out of sentiment

It was superb against absolute dross. Don't get me wrong, I got swept up and carried away with those 2 home performances in the league cup but don't think we can bade anything on them, whatsoever. Don't think McDonald or Edwards can cut it at this level. Poor that we paid money for each of them as well. 2 of the signings Crawford didn't quite get right.

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I would need more information first. How many get killed? Is a certain number per player?

Simple rules, pick three from the current squad or the whole family is away. 

Only going back to Grannies and as far out as 1st cousins tho....so...