Walking Down The Halbeath Road

8 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
36 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:
I'm hearing rumours btw, probably unsubstantiated pish but shall we just dive in?

Wighton to St Johnstone. 
Cumdog to DAFC. 

Cummings rumour seems to have legs in it

We're just a black hole pulling in disgraced footballers. There is a movie in this....if it works. 

5 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
9 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:
We're just a black hole pulling in disgraced footballers. There is a movie in this....if it works. 

Surely that's his current club?

True. Is it working? I don't follow football. 

Please no. That would be an absolutely horrendous move.

63 goals in 113 Championship appearances for Cummings.

Wighton might have asked to leave and Todorov is possibly not in Hughes’ plans, so will need to replace these players and, yes, Cummings is a massive fud, but you can’t argue with that record. Or it might all just be shite!

Please tell me Craig Wighton looks better than he did at Hearts + can score a goal.
Please.

Obviously we’re judging him based on his performances in the championship, but he’s been very good when given a chance at Arbroath pre-covid and then when he joined us last season. He also scored fairly regularly when he played for Hearts last year.

He’s a clever player. Once he’s match fit, his movement is good and he can generally use a bit of skill to beat a man. But his finishing was his best attribute last season, as well as when he played for Arbroath.

I’m not sure how that transfers to the top flight, against better defenders and in a struggling side. He has done very little this season, now that we’re struggling although he’s rarely been given a chance. Despite his impressive scoring record over the last couple of years, nobody other than Crawford or Dick Campbell seem to want to play him as a striker, which I find really strange. I really rate him though and would be sad to see him leave. If it happens, I hope he does well for whoever he joins.

26 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Please tell me Craig Wighton looks better than he did at Hearts + can score a goal.

Please.

I thought he looked decent last season but he hasn’t scored a single goal in the league and was getting kept out the team by a youth player.

If you’re paying us a fee for him then you’ve been seen off massively.

8 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

I’m not sure how that transfers to the top flight, against better defenders and in a struggling side. He has done very little this season, now that we’re struggling although he’s rarely been given a chance. Despite his impressive scoring record over the last couple of years, nobody other than Crawford or Dick Campbell seem to want to play him as a striker, which I find really strange. I really rate him though and would be sad to see him leave. If it happens, I hope he does well for whoever he joins.

I'd guess he'd be expected to play beside Kane. Given freedom to drop deep a bit.

Either that or beside May, and he'd be expected to be the focal point up front as May floats.

Our strikers rarely touch the ball so he'd have to make chances for himself.

7 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

If you’re paying us a fee for him then you’ve been seen off massively.

Yeah, we're all set for a disaster of a window likely kicked off by handing Ali Crawford (a complete charlatan that the entire fansbase hates) a permanent deal, so chucking money at Wighton would feel about right.

Wighton, just like Dow, has been a shadow of himself this season. Wighton going and us signing Cummings might actually work out well if it also means moving on someone like Todorov. Frees up a lot of wages we could be using on quality for the midfield.

Yogi’s latest article in the Courier says he is looking to keep “1 or 2 of the loanees” Can only see us keeping Connolly, who isn’t good enough either tbh. But that should free up wages. You’d like to think Yogi can take advantage of the loan market as well if we only have Connolly left. It’s a max of 4 now, right?

The last thing that Dunfermline dressing room needs is Cummings, like a match around an open flame.

Would happily take any money for Wighton, one of him O'Hara or Todorov have to go and aim to extend McCann past May.