Walking Down The Halbeath Road

5 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Nah, too far. Although both have now scored an own goal in a 0-3 loss to Arbroath at East End!

How can we pay off the guys not on loan? Maybe some can be punted but the club must already be losing cash this season. They said season ticket sales aren't at target levels (their fault for appointing the worst manager in our history) and walk ups are pish too. In addition there have been games fucked by COVID, especially today where hospitality would have done good business. 

I imagine the club would have budgeted some cash for January though (surely that's standard practice?), so we'll see at least a couple.

f**k knows though. 

No own goals in last 3-0 win? McKenna tap in after Mehmet spilled a Nicky Low shot. Gold scored second rolled into bottom corner from a cutback. Third Nouble crossed for McKenna to slide in. 

But that boy Graham shite tae

11 hours ago, DAFC. said:

I would say we at least look like we have a plan of sorts compared to the Grant era, but it’s just the overwhelming majority of this squad are utter mince, complete relegation fodder, and needing punted.

I have no faith that Yogi can sign x amount of decent players and implement tactics to turn things around, however. He hasn’t got a good transfer record and some of the things he has been saying are eerily similar to Raith in 2017.

The fans are behind him as he done it with Ross County in similar, dire circumstances, so there is reason to be hopeful that we can stay up. But it’s going to take a hell of a lot in January. St Mirren were dead and buried in 2017 before making massive changes. We need to do something similar to have any chance at all.

At the Rovers He  practically said all them , Football owes you nothing , those players have to look themselves in the mirror , Wait until he publicly slates  players out in the media in our case It was  Ryan Hardie who got it  every time aye Yogi u have a good eye for a player   Not 

Edited by basher brash

8 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

No own goals in last 3-0 win? McKenna tap in after Mehmet spilled a Nicky Low shot. Gold scored second rolled into bottom corner from a cutback. Third Nouble crossed for McKenna to slide in. 

But that boy Graham shite tae

Aye, got that confused with the 0-3 loss to Partick. All these pumpings are hard to keep track of!

Someone mentioned it earlier, but Hughes better have a relegation clause in his contract (i.e. he can, and will, be punted for nothing should we go down).

You’d imagine that would be the case. It really is bleak times.

I can’t remember a season where I have left watching us every single week feeling like we’re at rock bottom. I mentioned it to a few mates: this decision to hire Grant could be our Falkirk moment and we spiral right down, riding the merry-go-round of hiring and sacking useless managers constantly.

Think the only hope is that Morton are worse than us, they finish bottom, we finish 9th, and somehow shitfest our way to safety in the play-offs.

16 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Todorov/Wighton/or O’Hara.

Get rid of the fucking lot and try and sign some players that are Championship standard

Is that not 3 or the top 4 scorers last season, forget where Ohara finished, but to claim these players aren't championship players is not true, have to ask why they aren't getting service.

Is that not 3 or the top 4 scorers last season, forget where Ohara finished, but to claim these players aren't championship players is not true, have to ask why they aren't getting service.

We have 4 strikers if you include McCann. It’s a total waste of money. Not that it’ll happen, but moving on Todorov or Wighton to get a couple midfielders in would be ideal, because they’ll be on a high wage. Probably Todorov though, because I actually like Wighton.

There is plenty of quality in the Pars side. We would have loved Wighton back at Gayfield. I can’t see anything to be gained from a mass clear out.
The second Arbroath goal summed up your issues. One defender ball watching while 2 others turned their backs on McKenna’s shot.
Whoever told Breen to get tight to Nouble in the second half also needs to think again.

Inverness and Ayr games, we got a ‘new manager bounce’ in the sense that we saw an increase in effort/intensity. However, since then it has been every bit as bad as it was under Grant. There has been literally zero progress/improvement at all.

Still no leadership, still no identity and still don’t look like a team. How much of the blame for the poor performances is down to Yogi and how much is down to the players is certainly up for debate. He can only work with what Grant left him with, but he hasn’t helped himself either.

Far too many games with MacDonald on the wing. Then he decided to stick Todd out there, which is just bizarre. Kai Kennedy got a goals and 2 assists.m against QoS. He has then started the next 2 games on the bench, with Matty Todd playing wide right and Dow (who’s been useless all season) on the left. Kennedy isn’t all that I expected, but with Dom injured he’s the only player in the squad capable of driving forward and actually picking out teammates/creating space. We’re playing a system with 2 wingers, but starting poor players out of position and leaving 1 of our 2 fit wingers on the bench. MacDonald and Todd aren’t good enough in their natural positions and are just nowhere near good enough on the wing. We’d be better scrapping the wingers to be honest, at least until Dom’s back fit. Dow isn’t up to it anymore and he clearly just doesn’t like Kennedy - who I have also been critical of, prior to his one good game that bizarrely got him dropped.

Then we have the defence. Things were looking a lot more comfortable defensively with a pairing of Connolly and Gaspuitis. For me, if either of them were to get dropped, it had to be Connolly. Gaspuitis is our best defender. But there was no need to drop either of them. He’s brought in Breen to the team and said it’s because he’s left footed. We’ve then conceded 6 goals in 2 home games with Breen there. All because Breen’s left footed. Breen has been directly involved in/at fault for far too many of those goals as well. Ross Graham also being on the bench ahead of Gaspuitis is criminal.

Then there’s the game management. Yesterday was horrendous. I turned off at half time. Couldn’t believe it when I looked this morning and he didn’t make any changes until after the hour mark. This seems to be a running theme with Yogi. Against Hamilton, he seemed to send the fitness coach out to tell subs to warm up, 10 mins later we hadn’t made the sub(s) and then the referee gave a penalty and we were a man down. Even after that, he took about 8 mins to make a change. The captain had been sent off and it took him so long to actually make a decision and try to get us back into the game. Since then, a lot of his game management and poor decisions have just really frustrated me.

It’s starting to look a lot more similar to the stories of key players at Raith being poorly managed and falling out with him, than the stories of his success at Inverness/Falkirk.

We have 4 strikers if you include McCann. It’s a total waste of money. Not that it’ll happen, but moving on Todorov or Wighton to get a couple midfielders in would be ideal, because they’ll be on a high wage. Probably Todorov though, because I actually like Wighton.

Ah, ok. So you’re suggesting if we’re going to stick with McCann, we should offload a couple of those guys to bring in championship standard players in other positions? That makes a lot more sense than what I thought you were saying.

It was reported Kennedy was ill.

Was that not before the Killie game? I assumed that cause he made the bench that day he was on the mend and would have been able to train a bit more this week. Obviously I could be wrong, but even a half fit Kennedy is a much better option out wide than Matty Todd.

2 hours ago, timlichtie said:

There is plenty of quality in the Pars side. We would have loved Wighton back at Gayfield. I can’t see anything to be gained from a mass clear out.
The second Arbroath goal summed up your issues. One defender ball watching while 2 others turned their backs on McKenna’s shot.
Whoever told Breen to get tight to Nouble in the second half also needs to think again.

Who?

5 hours ago, basher brash said:

At the Rovers He  practically said all them , Football owes you nothing , those players have to look themselves in the mirror , Wait until he publicly slates  players out in the media in our case It was  Ryan Hardie who got it  every time aye Yogi u have a good eye for a player   Not 

All that’s missing is the suspicious “mutual consent” exit of a player a la Joel Coustrain.  

Was that not before the Killie game? I assumed that cause he made the bench that day he was on the mend and would have been able to train a bit more this week. Obviously I could be wrong, but even a half fit Kennedy is a much better option out wide than Matty Todd.

A half eaten Yorkie bar is a better option than Todd.