Walking Down The Halbeath Road

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Surprised at that. Cracking striker at this level and guarantees goals. Hard to find that sort of ability and talent when you're in a Championship relegation battle.

Means nothing when you have a Lowland league level of midfield though. 

I'm not saying he wouldn't be a good signing, but he will be expensive. We have so many bigger problems in our squad right now.  Strikers are the least of out problems.

38 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Surprised at that. Cracking striker at this level and guarantees goals. Hard to find that sort of ability and talent when you're in a Championship relegation battle.

Our squad isn't actually too bad for strikers, it's the one area I don't think we're utterly shite in. 

Pretty much everything behind that though? Oaft. 

I think we would be able to cope, striker wise, with what we have. If St Johnstone really want Wighton, then you have to take the money, but it should be used on strengthening the midfield, not another striker. We have O’Hara, McCann, and Todorov already. That SHOULD be more than good enough.

Hopefully the clubs can see sense and delay the New Year Derby so we aren’t going in to any more games with a midfield that is bottom half League 1 standard, at best.

12 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Hopefully the clubs can see sense and delay the New Year Derby so we aren’t going in to any more games with a midfield that is bottom half League 1 standard, at best.

Our ballot for tickets opened this evening with the article stipulating game being on 2nd January. I'd also be surprised if we would want game moved at all to be honest. 

15 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Yogi is beginning to look daft dropping Gaspuitis for Breen. No matter how many 'traps'' are being set for Gaspuitis, he will never be as bad as Breen. Breen is every bit as bad as Ross Graham. 

Surprised to read that opinion on Breen, he was steady as a rock during his loan time at QoS. I'm not saying he didn't make the odd error but the difference he made to our defence was quite noticeable. 

14 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Surprised to read that opinion on Breen, he was steady as a rock during his loan time at QoS. I'm not saying he didn't make the odd error but the difference he made to our defence was quite noticeable. 

Yeah but QoTS fans like Gavin Reilly and Paul Burns. 

50 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Yeah but QoTS fans like Gavin Reilly and Paul Burns. 

Two great players for us tbf, it doesn't always work out for every player at every club.  Ian Wilson and Joe Thomson were good for us too  but you crocked them.  

17 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Two great players for us tbf, it doesn't always work out for every player at every club.  Ian Wilson and Joe Thomson were good for us too  but you crocked them.  

Wilson and Thomson were both good players, I'm not sure how Dunfermline can be blamed for Thomson rupturing his acl. 

On 29/12/2021 at 06:24, Chubbychops said:

We also have this idea that we must produce young players and keep filling our team full of Rhys Breen's, Josh Edwards, Paul Allan's and Matty Todd's who are nowhere near good enough, but as long as they are under 23 will keep kidding ourselves on that we will sell them on for big bucks. I would love Pars to produce great young players, but they have to have a baseline of natural ability to work with.

I'd take Rhys Breen back in a heartbeat. He was probably our best centre half last season (and bear in mind we had Ayo Obileye who is playing every week in the Premier now). Breen was a perfectly capable centre back and was a big part of our 2nd half of the season turnaround last year. How many games has he actually played for you?

35 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Thomson was always injured and Wilson is also proving to be the same. Would say, from the limited time of seeing both play, Wilson is by far the better player. 

I like big Iain Wilson as a player but he is an absolute Jonah who has barely won a game in this division!

Joe Thomson, pre injury anyway, was a far far better player than Iain Wilson is though. Whilst both ostensibly midfielders, they play different roles with Thomson at his best bursting into the opposing box and Wilson more defensive.

Fwiw Breen isn't actually that bad, seems to be suffering in that every single mistake he makes it's punished. 

We had a fanbase that chased Callum Morris for the same thing, and it wasn't until he left it was abundantly clear he was better than Ashcroft.

Breens got the tools to come good, playing without any protection from midfield and Josh Edwards at your side will be difficult, you've then got Connolly on the other who seems to be bulletproof. 

55 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Wilson and Thomson were both good players, I'm not sure how Dunfermline can be blamed for Thomson rupturing his acl. 

I saw the Thomson injury on TV, a bad  injury out of nothing. One point that did cross my mind was that if it had happened on a plastic pitch, that would probably have been highlighted as the main cause, but as it happened on grass the surface didn't seem to be an issue. 

1 minute ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I saw the Thomson injury on TV, a bad  injury out of nothing. One point that did cross my mind was that if it had happened on a plastic pitch, that would probably have been highlighted as the main cause, but as it happened on grass the surface didn't seem to be an issue. 

I can't actually remember the incident at all tbh, what sticks in my mind is the fucking age that the medical team and stretcher took to get over to him, was ridiculous. 

Fwiw Breen isn't actually that bad, seems to be suffering in that every single mistake he makes it's punished. 

We had a fanbase that chased Callum Morris for the same thing, and it wasn't until he left it was abundantly clear he was better than Ashcroft.

Breens got the tools to come good, playing without any protection from midfield and Josh Edwards at your side will be difficult, you've then got Connolly on the other who seems to be bulletproof. 
I chased Morris for that game at Airdrie because it was so fucking bad. Beer also had a part to play.

Think Breen will be fine, hes no Ross Graham standard. He's a bang average LOAN SIGNING. 

No reason our own player, Gaspuitis, should have been bombed for him. I'm not buying the left foot, right foot shite.