Walking Down The Halbeath Road

4 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Yogis is stating in his interview that professional footballers should be able to play anywhere and Pars fans might have to take it on the chin with some square pegs in round holes in future.

Where have I heard this before? 

Looking forward to Deniz Mehmet's hatrrick at the weekend after his surprise inclusion as the lone striker. Leon Jones will make a shock return to the team in goals, pulling off saves not seen since the days of Yev Lashin.

Big Vytas will dazzle us on the wing with his stunning speed and masterful trickery, regularly skinning the Killie full backs like a prime DT23.

Ross Graham will play central defence and still be horrible, having a hand in each of Kilmarnock's five goals.

Final score, Kilmarnock 5-3 Pars.

Edited by DA Baracus

12 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Kelly has been mooted as a potential signing on the Rovers thread due to Tait moving to Hibs and Brad Spencer being injured. I don't know much about him but we will definitely have a vacancy in midfield come January.

I'll be insanely jealous of any team that ends up with Stephen Kelly. He would actually be ideal for Rovers style of play though as he excels in quick passing teams. Strikes me as the type of player John McGlynn would build his team round in the same way he did with Hendry. 

On 11/12/2021 at 22:59, Chubbychops said:

Exactly mate.

I was stunned to see applause from a small minority of Pars fans at the end.

Maybe applauding Lewis McCann for giving more a shit than the rest of the team combined.

Not this p1sh again. If folk want to applaud the team they support after the game then let them FFS. 

There was no lack of effort & comittment on Saturday - sadly just a lack of quality.

8 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Not this p1sh again. If folk want to applaud the team they support after the game then let them FFS. 

There was no lack of effort & comittment on Saturday - sadly just a lack of quality.

Aye, effort/commitment hasn't been an issue all season for any player (as far as I can tell!). As you say, it's the quality that's lacking. I think far too many people are too quick to claim a lack of effort/commitment/passion when a team is doing poorly, yet it's almost always not the case. I'm still unsure how some fans don't seem to get just how big a part confidence plays in performance and mindset, which often translates in to things like body language and not wanting to try things on the pitch in case they don't come off etc.

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Aye, effort/commitment hasn't been an issue all season for any player (as far as I can tell!). As you say, it's the quality that's lacking. I think far too many people are too quick to claim a lack of effort/commitment/passion when a team is doing poorly, yet it's almost always not the case. I'm still unsure how some fans don't seem to get just how big a part confidence plays in performance and mindset, which often translates in to things like body language and not wanting to try things on the pitch in case they don't come off etc.

Last week at Hamilton at the end of the game I didn't applaud, I didn't boo, I just trudged out the ground, totally despondent at how pish we were. There was nothing at all to be enthusiastic about after that performance. It really did became obvious to me that without big January changes we are going down.

After Saturday I applauded the players at the end. At the very least they came from behind 3 times and showed they are prepared to fight for points which is a must when you have as many utterly average players in your team/squad.

Over the next few weeks, against teams at the right end of the league, these qualities will be needed even more.

On 13/12/2021 at 23:03, Wardy said:

Just watched Yogi post match there.

Yup, he’s still a slavering shite.

Genuinely feel sorry for you Lot having to put up with Grant firstly, and now that mumbling bafoon. 

It's buffoon, actually.

Imagine paying attention to post match interviews.......that really is quite a waste of time.

Friendly yesterday ended 2-1 to Livi. Not sure who scored for you but Stevie Lawless set one up for us and scored the winner. Currently a free agent following his Motherwell release, I imagine we're likely to table an offer but could be a steal for you if we don't.

Friendly yesterday ended 2-1 to Livi. Not sure who scored for you but Stevie Lawless set one up for us and scored the winner. Currently a free agent following his Motherwell release, I imagine we're likely to table an offer but could be a steal for you if we don't.
Craig Wighton for us mate

You should only applaud the team if they win and you have written approval from a true Dunfermline supporter.

Don’t take the chance that you might have mean words said about you on the internet.

If they were trying against Morton though then a few of the squad should consider hanging up the boots.

Edited by Cardle is Magic