Walking Down The Halbeath Road

"You'll be fine"
"Enough talent there to stay up" etc etc
Utter fucking tripe. We are one of the favourites to go down, and for good reason. There needs to be massive changes in January to give us any hope. 

2 hours ago, DAFC. said:

"You'll be fine"

"Enough talent there to stay up" etc etc

Utter fucking tripe. We are on of the favourites to go down, and for good reason. There needs to be massive changes in January to give us any hope. 

Massive changes unlikely any Championship side will be able to make massive changes. Every player under contract will need contracts ended with a potential payoff unless they can negotiate a better deal. Any new player will cost. Perhaps 3 or 4 but I'd be surprised at anymore. 

I don't think it's that much of a stretch to suggest that we need 4 players to stand a decent chance of staying up and that we need 6 or 7 to be sure. 2 central midfielders, winger, striker are a must and a keeper and left back would be superb. I'm a bit worried that we'll have to rely on loans and that we'll be back where we started in June but needs must.

Edited by Salvo Montalbano

I see Hughes had a young rangers CM with him at Ross County call Stephen Kelly, doesn't seem to be making the rangers bench yet played 25 games at Ross County. Obviously depending on what folk offer in Jan, premiership teams naturally would be his first choice but I think someone like that could be good, young player but experience of beating the drop under Yogi. Probably expensive wage contribution though.

15 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Massive changes unlikely any Championship side will be able to make massive changes. Every player under contract will need contracts ended with a potential payoff unless they can negotiate a better deal. Any new player will cost. Perhaps 3 or 4 but I'd be surprised at anymore. 

That is not an option, and going by Yogi's comments, he knows it. The owners will know we simply cannot get relegated. Fan engagement is already terrible, think about what it'll be like when the club are back in the seaside league. There will be massive changes because there simply has to be. 

The problem you may have is attracting players. Would you really want to join a team that is in serious contention for relegation? Some may want to join to get some game time and put themselves in the shop window for summer time, but that could backfire just as easily if you end up going down. 

I think most teams are in the market for midfielders and strikers. It’s going to be some battle to sign decent players - that goes for all teams as well btw - if there was an option between Dunfermline and say Arbroath/Partick would you be picking a relegation battle over a promotion battle. 

The problem you may have is attracting players. Would you really want to join a team that is in serious contention for relegation? Some may want to join to get some game time and put themselves in the shop window for summer time, but that could backfire just as easily if you end up going down. 

I think most teams are in the market for midfielders and strikers. It’s going to be some battle to sign decent players - that goes for all teams as well btw - if there was an option between Dunfermline and say Arbroath/Partick would you be picking a relegation battle over a promotion battle. 
I'd rather play for Dunfermline than Thistle or Arbroath.

57 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Fan engagement is already terrible, think about what it'll be like when the club are back in the seaside league

Certainly could be better but not sure it's terrible. Anything you think could be done better? Genuinely curious.

53 minutes ago, Offshore Rover said:

you be picking a relegation battle over a promotion battle

I think money is probably first and foremost in their mind rather than placing of the team although it will come into it. I guess the parent clubs will be interested in what football is being played and that's up to the manager to convince then we are the better option.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

I see Hughes had a young rangers CM with him at Ross County call Stephen Kelly, doesn't seem to be making the rangers bench yet played 25 games at Ross County. Obviously depending on what folk offer in Jan, premiership teams naturally would be his first choice but I think someone like that could be good, young player but experience of beating the drop under Yogi. Probably expensive wage contribution though.

He was County's worst player last season.  He now plays in the Lowland League.

2 hours ago, Offshore Rover said:

- if there was an option between Dunfermline and say Arbroath/Partick would you be picking a relegation battle over a promotion battle. 

I get that you're placing allot of emphasis on this in the hope it will also apply to Raith, but quite simply I don't think it's the prime concern. 

Money will come into it, location is a big factor, in reference to us and Arbroath then the full time factor is important. Having a manager who you've preciously played for or players who are mates will also come into effect. 

As will league position, however its not as cut and dried as you've made out there. 

4 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I don't think it's that much of a stretch to suggest that we need 4 players to stand a decent chance of staying up and that we need 6 or 7 to be sure. 2 central midfielders, winger, striker are a must and a keeper and left back would be superb. I'm a bit worried that we'll have to rely on loans and that we'll be back where we started in June but needs must.

Wouldn't say striker is a must, or even a priority at all. We have one of the best in the league sat on the bench not getting a game and another proven goalscorer not starting. Think between them and McCann we're well covered, with Todorov as an able back up (he's scored plenty of goals in this league before).

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Wouldn't say striker is a must, or even a priority at all. We have one of the best in the league sat on the bench not getting a game and another proven goalscorer not starting. Think between them and McCann we're well covered, with Todorov as an able back up (he's scored plenty of goals in this league before).

I only say that because it looks like Wighton isn't going to get a game - not in the starting line up, not taking part in shooting drills, not brought on when we need a goal... and if he leaves we'll be short of goals.