Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Pybus runs around allot. 

Not sure if the description of him winning loads of tackles is accurate, he sort of pressures players but he's not snapping into tackles or that. 

@RandomGuy had some stat which at one point had him down as good for pressuring a year or two back I'm sure. 

Yogi seems to see something in Todd that I just can't see. I'm not sure what he brings to the table. Poor on the ball. not good defensively and no aggression. Can't see where the potential is. Paul Allan and McCann at least have attributes to develop.

3 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Pybus runs around allot. 

Not sure if the description of him winning loads of tackles is accurate, he sort of pressures players but he's not snapping into tackles or that. 

@RandomGuy had some stat which at one point had him down as good for pressuring a year or two back I'm sure. 

He’s not a tackler especially, More likely to win possession by nipping in front of someone waiting on a pass or forcing someone into playing early.

1 hour ago, ChrispPancake said:

just to be upfront, I'm a Bairn's supporter but with no sarcasm in this question, How's Yogi doing, how have the Pars fans taken too him and how long will tou give him before the megalomaniac in him ruins your team?

Just got to give him time.

Can't keep shouting for a managers head. Falkirk have shown that changing mangers every 6 months gets you nowhere. 

Peter Grant had to go and Yogi needs a summer to prove his worth regardless of what league we're playing in.

The guy is not the brightest but I still think he will do a job for us eventually.

Edited by Chubbychops

Pybus had a good game against Raith, if I’m being honest. Don’t think he is good enough, though. Decent sub to bring on and rest players if we are winning in matches, however we are struggling in matches to get in to winning positions, so a player that can run around a lot without much produce isn’t going to help us. We badly need a couple centre mids in the door, ideally before our next game if Dorrans is still out.

Yogi has been coy about the signings ie saying “2 or 3” in his interviews, but that’s us moved on Gaspuitis, with Kennedy and Graham (you assume) going back to their clubs. He’ll be looking to move on another couple players I think that are just hoovering a wage without giving much back. He stated there was money already set aside for 3 players so it could be potentially 6 or more, not counting Lewis Martin.

Wighton is rumoured to be away to St Johnstone. O’Hara and Todorov are barely getting a look-in along with Wighton. That’s so many expensive strikers that aren’t producing on the pitch or just sitting on the bench. We need to get a couple of these guys moved on. I’m sure someone would be willing to take a punt on Todorov, given his record last season. If we can get rid of his wage, which will be quite a fair whack you’d reckon, and we get money for Wighton, that gives us a lot of leeway in getting players we need to get us out this mess and up the table.

Or it could all just continue to go tits up week after week and we go down without a whimper, which would probably be the most realistic scenario at EEP these days.

The strikers 'aren't producing' because they're getting hideous service. Aside from Wighton's goal at Kilmarnock, which no longer counts, when was the last time we scored from open play?

Who would take a punt on Todorov? Presumably the club would let him leave for nothing, but we'd surely not do a Raith and let him go to someone in this league? League 1 then? Perhaps, but would he be willing to drop down?

Just a huge mess! Cheers board for allowing this to happen.

Edited by DA Baracus

I think he might end up either at Falkirk or, bizarrely, Arbroath on loan. They might want a "big guy" replacement for Nouble. Obviously they won't get anyone near as good, but he's proven at this level before, and we'd avoid having a Vaughan like situation.

It makes you realise that punting Grant is only the start of recovering from the shit he and the board left us in. Realistically, Crawford’s replacement didn’t exactly have a difficult job. Bring in a couple of players to strengthen the squad and be a good enough man manager to get them motivated and know how to change things during a game if it’s not working.

We’ve regressed so drastically as a squad and as a club in the past 7 months or so, leaving Yogi with an enormous job on his hands.

Every Pars fan knows that central midfielders are the absolute priority this window, who’s available?

Just now, smpar said:

Club confirming that Ross Graham has been recalled to Dundee United. He’ll be at Luncarty within 2 years.

His deal with United is until 2024 so maybe 3 years and he'll be down to that level.

Am I reading too much into Graham being recalled and them not mentioning Connelly to assume we have him for the rest of the season?

He said he’s here until at least the 16th January, so if he does go back I doubt we’d hear anything until that day.

His deal with United is until 2024 so maybe 3 years and he'll be down to that level.

If someone at United actually watches him (trying to) play football he’ll drop down a lot sooner than that.

We’ve watched some utter diddies playing in our back line in the last decade, but he’s up there with Stuart Urquhart and Johnathan Page.