Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Edinburgh City up.

Shame Ainslie Park looks absolutely shite and in a pish location. When will Meadowbank be ready?

Stole this exchange from the EC thread, posted on 8 May:

“Curious Falkirk fan here - if City get promoted, will we be playing you at Ainslie Park or Meadowbank next season?”

Should be Meadowbank, however untill the new stand on the other side is built, the capacity will be capped at 500. I'd imagine if we are promoted there will be a mad rush to get it done.”

Tbh I didn’t mind paying a fee for Turner. Clearly has/had potential at the time of signing and there was plenty competition. Similar to Ryan, just a shame it didn’t work out.
My point was we got no return on him which wasn't the idea when we signed him

Been hearing

absolutely nothing, because the club still haven't told us what is happening. The longer this goes the more worried I am that they'll slither out a statement that Hughes is staying next week some time.

Not to sound like an attention-seeking ‘itk’ w**k but apparently a lot of staff at the club heard that Hughes is staying yesterday when they were in the club office.

I thoroughly hope this rumour is proven to be absolute pish. But the longer the silence from the board continues, the more scared and likely to believe this stuff I get.

I just don’t see how they can justify him staying after their statement was pretty clear that the manner of the relegation was displeasing.  Now that’s all on Hughes.   Maybe it’s wishful thinking, but I suspect our new CEO fresh from Celtic, Man City and Notts Forest, isn’t that impressed by seeing 3 defeats and a draw in last 4 games, all with negative football.  Cook, in his first interview, spoke about how he trebled season tickets at Forest.  He will know fine well that keeping Hughes in charge (regardless of whether it would be the right decision or not) will result in disastrous season ticket sales and therefore smaller budget for the season.

Im clinging onto the hope the reason its taking a bit longer, is because there is a huge restructure underway which dictates why it’s taking that time.

Its the hope that kills you. 😶

14 minutes ago, parsboi said:

Cook, in his first interview, spoke about how he trebled season tickets at Forest

If Hughes stays Cook will third the season ticket sales.