Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I must be missing something with MacDonald. He’s in the front 3, ahead of Wighton and Todorov? He’s a full back, that has been tried - and failed - on the wing. Wighton and Todorov may not be world beaters, but at least they’re attackers that I’d play in a front 3 ahead of him any day. McCann on the left of the front 3 and Todorov through the middle is better than MacDonald on the left.

Wighton was poor first half Saturday, but improved second half. I’m yet to see MacDonald play particularly well. But this is the 3rd manager in a row that’s tried to squeeze him into the team early on. Grant had him at wing back ahead of Comrie and Hughes played him as a winger/wide midfielder. 

McPake clearly isn't a Todorov fan!

No Chalmers, which is a positive.

Perhaps it's a more standard 4-4-2, although if so why is Macdonald named last in the line up (they usually list players defence to attack)?

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Perhaps it's a more standard 4-4-2, although if so why is Macdonald named last in the line up (they usually list players defence to attack)?

Which is quite strange considering he apparently tried to sign him for us!

Also strange to see McPake veer away from his 4-3-3 and 3-5-2 formations.

MacDonald played in a winger role for a period against Kilmarnock. I would guess it’s more of the same today

19 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

MacDonald played on the left of the front 3 v Killie, which is why I’m assuming that’ll be the case tonight. Not sure what McPake has against Todorov, but he’s about the only player who hasn’t been given any sort of chance so far.

47 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

I must be missing something with MacDonald. He’s in the front 3, ahead of Wighton and Todorov? He’s a full back, that has been tried - and failed - on the wing. Wighton and Todorov may not be world beaters, but at least they’re attackers that I’d play in a front 3 ahead of him any day. McCann on the left of the front 3 and Todorov through the middle is better than MacDonald on the left.

Wighton was poor first half Saturday, but improved second half. I’m yet to see MacDonald play particularly well. But this is the 3rd manager in a row that’s tried to squeeze him into the team early on. Grant had him at wing back ahead of Comrie and Hughes played him as a winger/wide midfielder. 

We’re playing Buckie Thistle at home, you would assume this is a good time to experiment.

6 minutes ago, Heaton said:

Yup same. Nearly bumped my head when the camera person tried to zoom for the corner there too.

Aye, sad to see that neither the club, or Pars TV, have bothered their arse to improve those sorts of things.

Got sound now. With more folk than usual in the main stand and the camera facing the main stand, it looks on first appearance like a big game!

How have we not scored in this game? Three great chances so far.

Edited by DA Baracus

Was a really fast start and could/should have scored 3 or 4. Bit quieter since then and the passes and movement quickly lost their zip.

If anyone can tell me what position MacDonald is meant to be playing I'd be grateful.

Games like tonight remind me why I never sit in the Norrie - so many dreary, thick windbags.

Also, they've run out of food before half time, which is some going with a total crowd of 1,500. Must be seriously cutting costs.

2 minutes ago, Heaton said:

Andy Tod Jnr the creative midfielder we are missing? Too early I know but a couple of cracking through balls already. Fantastic!

Couple of hospital balls straight to Buckie players in his own half as well. Always a lottery with young players.