Walking Down The Halbeath Road

11 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I get why some prefer to get a finance option,  but tbh I really don’t see the appeal.  I haven’t seen a deal that seems worthwhile taking in decades . Season tickets are already very much in the balance of being worthwhile financially, once you add on interest payments that seems worse, and that’s ignoring the rates always look worse than standard credit card/overdraft rates.  

I can’t remember for certain but I believe the club mentioned that there was only a hundred or so that took such an option last time it was considered and that funds were only only released after every home game played.  Meaning that whilst a few could be prevented from being STs the club weren’t gaining from the major reason for ST sales in having money in the bank early

Ours is just a £10 admin fee I think. Season ticket cost split over 4 months via dd, so not a credit agreement over the season as such. Someone who's bought one this way may correct me.

Edited by pantene proV

2 minutes ago, pantene proV said:

Ours is just a £10 admin fee I think. Season ticket cost split over 4 months via dd, so not a credit agreement over the season as such. Someone who's bought one this way may correct me.

I have actually looked up the deals you and Falkirk have offered and their quite good TBF,  both look to be based around direct payment to the club over the season instead of the previous option that nearly every club went for being the fan taking out a deal with a 3rd party who then would pay the club.  I’ve never seen that before and does put the clubs at greater risk especially if a lot of fans choose the finance option but fair play if they are willing to take that risk on to help spread costs for fans.

2 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I have actually looked up the deals you and Falkirk have offered and their quite good TBF,  both look to be based around direct payment to the club over the season instead of the previous option that nearly every club went for being the fan taking out a deal with a 3rd party who then would pay the club.  I’ve never seen that before and does put the clubs at greater risk especially if a lot of fans choose the finance option but fair play if they are willing to take that risk on to help spread costs for fans.

I guess if fans stop paying the dd, the club can put a block on the season ticket? 

1 hour ago, The Toun Clock said:

Frustrating that we were told it’s not easy to access a finance option yet two rivals are doing exactly that. Be handy in the current climate.

Ayr United done  a pay up option for season tickets this season , never used a finance company just gave purchasers the bank details and a reference number to quote when paying , member of staff within club updated payments and the fans paid exactly the same price as paying in a single transaction , payments were between May and July ( no set payment ) pay what you could afford but must have it paid by end of this month 

4 minutes ago, pantene proV said:

I guess if fans stop paying the dd, the club can put a block on the season ticket? 

I think that’s the option but still leaves then more risk for the club than using finance companies who would provide some sort assurance to the clubs that funds would be paid.

Seeing Ayr have also gone with a more direct system perhaps there is a shift occurring possibly as a consequence of CoL forcing more fans into wanting to split payments and also the 3rd party companies going bust/be unwilling to offer services.

Can’t help but compliment clubs offering such deals.

11 hours ago, 101 said:

I do wonder how much Klarna charge their businesses to use it, even PayPal offer purchases spread over a number of payments.

Aye PayPal do a Pay In Three option that is handy but the club would have to have PayPal access via the website.

I hadn’t fully looked into the Falkirk and Raith deals, now aware of the Ayr one but the club could benefit from it as likely more season tickets could be sold. I’ll probably just put some money aside this month and get it next month but ideally I’d have liked to do it before Saturday and keep my seat.

29 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Is Michael O'Halloran training with you?

Was running round the pitch with Matty Todd and our fitness coach on Friday before our friendly. Was also at the game, sitting in the directors box.

Could just be using us to build his fitness, but he is/was definitely training with us at the end of last week.

15 minutes ago, par-adise said:

I was told he was but no idea if there's any truth to it. Was also reportedly training with St Cadocs last week. How did he get on with you last season? 

I heard the rumour with St Cadocs too.

His loan spell with us was severely disappointing. Didn't look interested, wasn't up for the battle, and even on the ball his creativity was next to nothing. Does still have some raw pace and in a better quality side he might shine a bit more.

His reputation is better than his current ability in my opinion.

10 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Was running round the pitch with Matty Todd and our fitness coach on Friday before our friendly. Was also at the game, sitting in the directors box.

Could just be using us to build his fitness, but he is/was definitely training with us at the end of last week.

I was at the St Pauli game but didn't see MOH, obviously not looking hard enough. My mates Dad's friend is Scott Thomson. He was going to help us out with tickets but didn't in the end which wasn't an issue 

I expect MOH, and his fake tan, to make an appearance at Balmoral on Wednesday night. We'll have a few trialists playing too.

18 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

I heard the rumour with St Cadocs too.

His loan spell with us was severely disappointing. Didn't look interested, wasn't up for the battle, and even on the ball his creativity was next to nothing. Does still have some raw pace and in a better quality side he might shine a bit more.

His reputation is better than his current ability in my opinion.

Sounds promising! 

McPake seems to like guys who will fight for each other, will contribute to the good spirit as we’ve seen by the permanent signing of many of last seasons loans. I personally don’t see MOH fitting that mould, if anything being the complete opposite. I thought his attitude was a bit crap but sounds like it was from the Cove posters info.

Cant deny he’s a good player. Think it’s more because he’s mates with Dave McKay that he’s in and using facilities.

Edited by The Toun Clock

Looking for a wee bit of advice from the Pars Massive ...............Wife's relations coming over from USA on 8th July for 4 days, their wee boy, 10, is daft on soccerball and I've got hospitality tix for 4 of us for the Hearts friendly. One of our Yankee brethren has mobility issues (walks with a stick, fecked hip)....it's been a few years since I've been to The Jim Leishman Stadium so any parking advice / tips would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance.

15 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Looking for a wee bit of advice from the Pars Massive ...............Wife's relations coming over from USA on 8th July for 4 days, their wee boy, 10, is daft on soccerball and I've got hospitality tix for 4 of us for the Hearts friendly. One of our Yankee brethren has mobility issues (walks with a stick, fecked hip)....it's been a few years since I've been to The Jim Leishman Stadium so any parking advice / tips would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance.

If you have hospitality then you may have car parking as park of the package. If not, you'll be able to drop the guy off at the front door and then either park on-street nearby or in the car park behind the North Stand. They might even let you use the players car park by the gym at the away end of the ground, so it's well worth calling or emailing ahead so that they can let you know what the situation is. If you don't have parking and don't want to do a drop off and would rather go together than I think parking behind the North Stand would be your best bet. Normally there would be a small fee but I don't think the staff who take the money will be there by the time you'd be parking up so you might even get it for free!

2 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Thanks in advance.

dao@dafc.co.uk

Graham is a great guy and will sort something out