Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 minute ago, HoBNob said:

I'd rather not find out, he just seems to be a bit of a shyster. 

With Rovers having a plethora of attacking midfield options I wonder if it'd be worth asking about Ethan Ross? Has pace, could play off the left. I can't think of many wide players that are free/out of contract who have some pace behind them, would require us to talk to a club with a player under contract/a loan player later in the window I'd imagine. 

Ethan Ross is coming off an injury hit season last year too. He barely played, and when he did it was clear he was still struggling with something. He's definitely way down the pecking order (and hasn't featured yet in pre-season due to some sort of injury, whether that's minor or otherwise) but we paid a fair bit to get him, so I think we'd be looking for a big chunk of cash to let him go to a direct rival.

The fact that we've already got him means he's worth keeping around to see if he can reach his previous heights (and go beyond them) again, but I really don't think it'd be worth the gamble for you.  

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Yous would be absolutely mental to take McDaid. Amongst the shite that has been through our doors in recent years, he stands out as one of the most forgettable, disinterested charlatans. 

Of course, he has shown through his career that he has more talent than what we seen, so it's not impossible he puts in a shift somewhere, but I'd warn any club about going near him after his performances for us. 

Stare Dave GIF by Derek Tee

Since there's absolutely hee-haw happening right now, grab a drink and listen to our watch-along BONUS episode of East End Tales as we watch the Champions video from the 95/96 season. I've added the Youtube links below, but it's best done by putting the old  tape into your Matsui video player, rewinding it to the start and watching it old-school. 

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/13152373

Part 1: https://youtu.be/EGRH-QGrvMA
Part 2: https://youtu.be/8QW2kidZZPw

Suppose the club will feel like they've done reasonable business but a lot of it is the permanent signing of last season's loan players which doesn't have that same excitement, well apart from KRH that signing was class and pretty unexpected.

It wouldn't be a total shock for McGowan to be announced next as he's featured in both friendlies and is clearly visable in photos and videos posted on social media. Yes another face from last season which probably won't quench the thirst for most fans. Ideally get the McGowan signing done early this week then add some new faces later in the week as the longer we go, the more pre-season is missed by any potential new signings. I'd rather we had new players in the door as long as possible before the real football kicks off.

26 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Suppose the club will feel like they've done reasonable business but a lot of it is the permanent signing of last season's loan players which doesn't have that same excitement, well apart from KRH that signing was class and pretty unexpected.

It wouldn't be a total shock for McGowan to be announced next as he's featured in both friendlies and is clearly visable in photos and videos posted on social media. Yes another face from last season which probably won't quench the thirst for most fans. Ideally get the McGowan signing done early this week then add some new faces later in the week as the longer we go, the more pre-season is missed by any potential new signings. I'd rather we had new players in the door as long as possible before the real football kicks off.

Yeah, if we’re signing McGowan just announce him. He’s played in both games so far, scored at the weekend. I’m sure he’ll be a decent enough squad player, but we know that Hamilton, Todd and Chalmers are ahead of him in the pecking order. Think he seems to be best as a holding player these days, so would be able to provide cover for Hamilton if he’s injured/suspended.

Hopefully they don’t try and hype that one up on social media, as I don’t imagine it’ll get a great reaction. I guess there’s a chance that they’re holding off so that they can announce him, then another signing shortly after…

30 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Hopefully they don’t try and hype that one up on social media, as I don’t imagine it’ll get a great reaction. I guess there’s a chance that they’re holding off so that they can announce him, then another signing shortly after…

Yeah a useful player but don't want an hour countdown on Twitter, just he usual piece and then on to the next one. I would bet he's already signed. For the record, I think off the field the club is doing as well as it has for a long long but I think we all know we need an additional 4/5 new faces for this coming season. Suppose we're back in the Championship so become reliant on clubs in the Premiership doing some form of work and see what we can feed from.

Edited by The Toun Clock

58 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Not holding my breath that it will happen but maybe we'll see a trialist tonight*?

*Who isn't Paul McGowan.

I hope so. But I’d also be (pleasantly) surprised. 

Club confirm 3000 ST's sold.

FYI -Drew Main got back to be this morning RE the ST financing. Drew confirmed the club are looking at introducing PayPal on the official website which means you can use their pay in three option plus speaking to Future Ticketing about an online purchasing platform, which will hopefully be concluded as soon as possible.

Edited by The Toun Clock

3000 is a great number with one more pay day to go before the season proper starts, don't know if 3500 is too optimistic, about 100 in the NW didn't get renewed so they are now available.

31 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

FYI -Drew Main got back to be this morning RE the ST financing. Drew confirmed the club are looking at introducing PayPal on the official website which means you can use their pay in three option plus speaking to Future Ticketing about an online purchasing programme, which will hopefully be concluded as soon as possible.

That's a brilliant effort by pars fans. 

1 hour ago, The Toun Clock said:

FYI -Drew Main got back to be this morning RE the ST financing. Drew confirmed the club are looking at introducing PayPal on the official website which means you can use their pay in three option plus speaking to Future Ticketing about an online purchasing platform, which will hopefully be concluded as soon as possible.

Honestly wasn’t expecting sales to be as high as that. Fantastic effort, particularly given the cost of living right now. As 101 says, still another payday before the league campaign starts, so might get another 2-300 signed up.

Good news regarding finance options as well. Would have been very surprised if the club weren’t exploring options. Hopefully they can sort something out soon!

2 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Must be the first time we've hit the 3000+ mark in about 5 years. Sure we got over 3k the year AJ got sacked.

Don’t think we’ve gone above 3000 since we stopped the free u12 season tickets/started monitoring for adults using u12 tickets.

Along with the money from the Nisbet sell-on, this should see us having a very healthy budget this summer to attract the desired calibre of player. Obviously don’t want us to blow it all, but we should have surplus funds, to bolster the squad/tempt a few top end of championship quality players our way.