Walking Down The Halbeath Road

4 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

I actually think this is one of his best attributes tbh, have definitely noticed an improvement in his distribution in pre season / league cup.

Fair enough. He’s decent enough when giving it to defenders, but if he’s asked to play it long, I think he struggles. Also seems to panic whenever an opponent starts to close him down. Happy to be proven wrong though.

6 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

Can't remember Mehmet conceding too many avoidable goals last season!

obviously weren’t many, since we didn’t concede many. But Falkirk away sticks out to me, he palmed a fairly weak shot straight back into the box, rather than putting it out wide. Seem to remember there was a running theme at that time, with him struggling to deal with shots from 20-25 yards out. Might not all have resulted in goals, to be fair.

I think I’m still concerned about him at championship level, until he proves he can continue good form into this season. His performances 2 years ago still haunt me. But I’ll be delighted if he has another good season.

Sharp played for us towards the end of the season as we got relegated from the top flight and started last season as first choice. He's a decent, all round keeper. Lacks experience and isn't the most dominant of his box like many other young keepers. Cracking reflexes on the boy but kicking isn't the best and really needs polishing. 

We clearly rate him as we gave him a new 2 year deal and he's been in about the Scotland U21 squad. I think he'll give Mehmet a real push for the jersey but it's kind of a season where if he is to push on he needs to wrestle it off Mehmet.

12 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

In Canada it's really, really cheap though. I was excited when they came over that they'd have some decent budget coffee but it's the same price as Starbucks. 

They have some very nice doughnuts though, on par with Krispy Kreme. 

Unless the Kirspy Kreme you get out of Tesco are somehow different, said brand's doughnuts are absolutely rank.

16 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

I hate Krispy Kreme, overpriced crap. One doughnut for me and it's the pink iced from Stephens.

Sadly no Stephens here but Lidl do a delightful pink iced one too.

I see Dundee United have backed down a little, although it is still isn't enough.

They've now reduced the ticket prices for our game there, but it's still too expensive at £25 for an adult. They've also now put us behind the goals instead of the Fair Play stand.

A start, but still not good enough.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

I see Dundee United have backed down a little, although it is still isn't enough.

They've now reduced the ticket prices for our game there, but it's still too expensive at £25 for an adult. They've also now put us behind the goals instead of the Fair Play stand.

A start, but still not good enough.

Only a pound more than what Raith are charging tbf. 

1 minute ago, HoBNob said:

Only a pound more than what Raith are charging tbf. 

Also unacceptable prices from Raith.

In a few years when we start charging that it will be just as unacceptable.

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Also unacceptable prices from Raith.

In a few years when we start charging that it will be just as unacceptable.

It is, but we'll take a couple of thousand to Raith. 

I don't actually think what we charge is that unreasonable tbh, you're not going to fund a full time set up with admission prices at £15.

Our admission prices do though allow for cheaper prices at younger age groups, I'm OK with that. 

Haven’t really seen much of Little, if anything. He’s got the perfect physicality for a keeper and think he was meant to be good with the ball at his feet (although he did make an arse of it in the friendly with Cove - happens). I just wonder if McPake isn’t all that impressed.

Sharp sounds like a decent keeper and has some Championship experience, so a good move and he might even push Deniz for the #1 jersey. I know for that period of time before Deniz re-signed, some including myself weren’t too fussed if he stayed with us. He had an outstanding year, but a lot was down to the guys infront of him. Deniz has the jersey but if any of his howlers from the last time in the Championship creep in, Sharp sounds like he could come in and not look out of place.