Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Just now, SRB said:

Obviously nothing today then. Pathetic from the club 

How do you know it's their fault? How do you know they haven't fired out the offers and have to wait on the players or agents (who could be using an offer to shop their client around)?

I don't get why some people seem to be absolutely desperate for the club to be at fault. They might be, but they might not be. We don't know. For all we know they had all the social media posts ready to go and were just waiting for the contract to be signed and the photos to be taken, but for some reason the player(s) has backed out or is stalling.

Or maybe the club just aren't bothered and are purposely dragging things out to ensure we don't have new players in place for tomorrow?

I don't know, but I know which one I'd lean towards.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

How do you know it's their fault? How do you know they haven't fired out the offers and have to wait on the players or agents (who could be using an offer to shop their client around)?

I don't get why some people seem to be absolutely desperate for the club to be at fault. They might be, but they might not be. We don't know. For all we know they had all the social media posts ready to go and were just waiting for the contract to be signed and the photos to be taken, but for some reason the player(s) has backed out or is stalling.

Or maybe the club just aren't bothered and are purposely dragging things out to ensure we don't have new players in place for tomorrow?

You mean the club aren't going to add a few grand a week onto someone's wages just to get them in on match day 1!!!! Outrageous!

There is clearly a deal there for Wotherspoon to sign club can force him to sign it and if McPake is reasonably happy with him holding on then that's fine, it's just every other signing has been motivated to sign for us. There could be 100 reasons it's not been done today but I trust McPake to pull the plug if he starts to take the piss or whatever. 

This is the 3rd transfer window and he's done exactly the business required in the previous 2 so I will be frustratingly patient for now...

13 hours ago, Parscelona said:

Why do we put ourselves through this pain every day? Genuinely thought we were getting someone in today...

😒

image.gif.aa0fb3c1320f86b52c69662a258d67e9.gif

13 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

You keep bringing this up,  people maybe frustrated but by questioning things it doesn’t mean the club are deliberately not trying to sign anyone but that doesn’t mean there isn’t errors in our recruitment process that should be looked at and questioned about how those flaws have resulted in the current squad qualities.

Edited by parsforlife

It'll work both ways, the club will be at fault for some, and the potential new signings with agents will also be an issue.

We as a fan base get a bit impatient over summer signings, but realistically what clubs fans don't. I just don't think the club help themselves sometimes. McPake saying one is close, really he should just say nothing. He was pretty good at distancing himself from the Wotherspoon rumour initially, next thing you know he's training. Do you think he invited him down to training because he read the rumour on Twitter? Course he didn't. So if a signing isn't actually signed, say nothing.

I'd sooner the club said nothing then when we sign someone it's a bonus. When the club say somethings going to happen, and doesn't then the fans get arsey. The club were fantastically backed last season, and will be even more so this season with really high ST sales but it all feels a little one sided at the moment. Buy the home kit, buy the away kit, buy this unnecessary third kit, buy season tickets - hows about buy some f*cking players. 

The McGowan situation is embarrassing. Full pre-season, plays all pre-season games, scores a goal, gets an assist and gets binned out. We don't know why but it's probably because Meggle wanted a ring binder with laminated pictures of McGowan's last 8000 passes.

Lets get real, the club aren't doing it on purpose, but I do think they'll have missed out on targets because between the management and board they couldn't make a decision before the player went elsewhere.

At the end of the day, we want to see the team succeed, we want to carry on all the good work and feel good factor from last season, but with the poor window and injuries there's a real dampener on things at the moment.

Four games against Airdrie last season, one win three draws that could have went either way. We're far weaker now and I would argue they're the same. Very disappointing and all feels a little bit last minute.

Fair amount of bedwetting going on here. For clarity: McPake and the Board are quite rightly not chucking money about at players for the sake of it. Look at the Hughes/Grant saga to see what a monumental disaster it can be. We have also just been promoted back from League 1, and haven’t got the same amount of money lots of teams can throw about, ergo it is a real struggle to attract players good enough and not just any Tom, Dick, or Harry. 

It is frustrating, but players in our market are the same players that are on the radars of Partick Thistle, Raith Rovers etc and the wages are extremely competitive. The players will all be holding out for the best offer. Fanbase, good facilities etc will mean f*ck all to Wotherspoon, Fletcher et al when clubs like Queens Park can just throw about silly money to get players in at our level. Pain in the bollock, but that’s the way it is and I’d much rather us take a chance with the young boys (Tod, Sutherland et al) than chuck money at charlatans like Polworth, Dorrans, Ambrose again. 

Edited by DAFC.

6 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

The club were fantastically backed last season, and will be even more so this season with really high ST sales but it all feels a little one sided at the moment. Buy the home kit, buy the away kit, buy this unnecessary third kit, buy season tickets - hows about buy some f*cking players

They've signed 5 players so far and have said they're trying to sign more.

Edited by DA Baracus

It’s getting hard not to be frustrated at this painfully slow transfer window. I’ve tried to be really patient, but we had to get more bodies in ahead of the league campaign.

We knew we needed to strengthen this summer. I was really pleased with the early business. They, rightly, got a lot of praise for that. But we should have been building on that and adding more quality and experience to the squad. I don’t see many players at the club that have experience of winning games in the championship. Surely the board appreciate the importance of getting results now? If we don’t consolidate in the championship (at the very least) running an academy and a full time club just isn’t affordable/sustainable and they’ll just be throwing money away.

We’ve known about Todd and KRH’s injuries for a while and should have made it a priority to strengthen the attacking options in the short term. As it is, we have one striker (Wighton) and 2 wingers (O’Halloran and McCann) available. Fine with giving the likes of Tod and Sutherland the odd run out, but they’re not guys that are ready to be put under the pressure of having to come on and win us points. Happy to be proven wrong on that, but it’s a big ask for kids.

Having said all that - maybe Wotherspoon didn’t want to sign right before we play Airdrie, who he was training with for initial fitness before joining up with us? Will also happily redact this/admit I’ve got this totally wrong if we bring in guys that were worth waiting for.

Edited by CallumPar

It's nippy not having the required players in ahead of the first league game but a few other clubs look to be in the same boat. The frustration for me is seeing the likes of Thistle sign Adeloye, the business the Rovers did early Summer and then these bullshit rumours about Byrne and Fletcher.

A win tomorrow and all is forgotten!