Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Saw that Otoo got player of the month for August. 

Saw the link for voting and had to think about it (especially as I'd only seen a couple of games by then), but when I saw Otoo got it I thought that made sense and felt it was fully deserved.

Big fan of the lad, think he's been a great signing and that he's still pretty raw and will develop more (in to a better player).

He was good today as well.

Edited by DA Baracus

Thought we would extend McCann's contract in the summer, that maybe means he's turned down an offer already. He would've certainly been another 3 year deal type player.

He's been with us for a while so compo will be pretty decent I think.

Edited by Chubbychops

Anyone know what the issues with Tod and Allan are? Saw them walking ok today so hopefully a wee niggle rather some injury.

Also, did anyone see the group of Pars players (Mehmet, Benedictus, Tod, Allan) sit in the upper tier only for some steward to move them down?

Edited by DA Baracus

10 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Anyone know what the issues with Tod and Allan are? Saw them walking ok today so hopefully a wee niggle rather some injury.

Also, did anyone see the group of Pars players (Mehmet, Benedictus, Tod, Allan) sit in the upper tier only for some steward to move them down?

Tod calf 

Allan knee

Both back next week, it was good to get the injuries in before kick off.

5 games in and a point outside the top four with a game in hand over the two sides above is a really decent start given the missing list. The character of the loan players is so impressive too. Having a recognisable name on the bench is reassuring too. And McPake has an opposition manager foaming at the mouth now. 

I definitely believe we can finish at least 4th. It’s early days still, but there are some promising signs, even during a time of injury crisis. You could argue we have played the league’s best teams already, and there hasn’t been much at all in the games where we dropped points. There is a lot to like about the club at the moment, and there’s so much more to come IMO. 

23 minutes ago, 101 said:

Wonder if Lewis heads off if we can teach his brother how to play with a round ball?

Screenshot_20230916-222316.jpg

And the other (ex St Johnstone) brother plays for Northern Ireland. Just wonder how good Lewis can get? Would he look out of place just now if he was chucked into any middling Premiership teams? McPake talking about him post match makes it clear he’s cut from the same cloth as Matty Todd and they have to physically drag him away from training for his own good.

Really pleased to hear Ben Summers is making a big impact in that AM role.

Was a bit disappointed we couldn't get the Wotherspoon deal over the line( he's still liking just about every Pars related post on Twitter btw) and was worried that we couldn't replace Matty Todd properly but great to hear this lad sounds like the real deal.