Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I would say we were the architects of our own downfall, rather than reality hitting. We still have a good team, but today we just totally imploded. It is extremely frustrating when our fans turn up in large numbers every week but get let down like that. Think some of they players need to come out and apologise for that display as well as the manager. We can’t accept that kind of display. It was like watching Peter Grant’s Pars, outwith a 20 minute spell in the first half  

Also, Sharp is needing dropped and punted back to Dundee. He has showed nothing to merit him being the number 1 ahead of Deniz. If Deniz is fit, he simply has to be starting. Sharp cannot get away with chucking in two easy shots like he has done thus far. We really could be doing with some of the injured boys being back to change things up from the bench as we have very little. 

The f**k is going on with the injuries? Aside from the long term ones Summers, Allan and Tod were out today, all of whom could, and would, have played at some point today if they could. It was very telling we made just one sub today.

Harry Sharp was the paracetamol to McPake’s goalkeeping headache today. He’s not a bad keeper but that’s two howlers he’s had that have harmed us. I can’t sit here and say that without the howlers we beat Inverness or take something from today but it certainly doesn’t help.

Deniz will be back in goal next week if fit, I’m sure he will be, but he then again you never know with our injuries at the moment.

It was a bad day at the office,  that’s it.  No need for dramatics - it’s McPakes second league away defeat and worst result for us as boss.

Mehmet in for Sharp next week is a big upgrade,   Sharp doesn’t make that mistake then we have a chance of pulling a draw out of it.  

16 hours ago, HoBNob said:

I've seen nothing to suggest bringing Sharpe in was more worth it than playing Little tbh. 

Difficult to say. Couple of mistakes but looked confident other than that - and the defence has looked reasonably assured with him playing.

We've also got 11 points from 7 games, which we'd probably have taken given the injury problems and with the memories of the the start of the 2021/22 season still pretty fresh.

We could have pitched Little in, watched him have a disaster against Airdrie and ended up losing a bunch of games off the back of it. We'll never know.

1 hour ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

Difficult to say. Couple of mistakes but looked confident other than that - and the defence has looked reasonably assured with him playing.

We've also got 11 points from 7 games, which we'd probably have taken given the injury problems and with the memories of the the start of the 2021/22 season still pretty fresh.

We could have pitched Little in, watched him have a disaster against Airdrie and ended up losing a bunch of games off the back of it. We'll never know.

We’ll never know but looking confident whilst not showing much isn’t exactly asset. 

Sharp being brought in showed a lack of confidence in littles ability but to put him in front of mehmet is mad 

35 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

Until yesterday, Sharp had lost 5 goals in 6 games. He'd showed enough and our defence seemed confident in him. That's the point - we could have been a mess if none of them thought Little was up to it.

I'd put Mehmet in as soon as he's fully fit, but that wasn't the point.

I’d argue the defensive record wasn’t majorly to do with Sharp tbh. It’s not like he’s been making many difficult saves or that.

Mehmet benefited from a great defence last year but he wasn’t making many - if any - major errors. Sharp has had two in his seven league games.

Perhaps Little would have been worse but I don’t think there would have been much in it tbh.