Walking Down The Halbeath Road

On 30/09/2023 at 17:20, DAFC. said:

. Think some of they players need to come out and apologise for that display as well as the manager. We can’t accept that kind of display. It was like watching Peter Grant’s Pars, outwith a 20 minute spell in the first half  

Glad we’re not overreacting. 

On 30/09/2023 at 17:20, DAFC. said:

Think some of they players need to come out and apologise for that display as well as the manager. We can’t accept that kind of display. It was like watching Peter Grant’s Pars, outwith a 20 minute spell in the first half

Wooft, that’s a horrendous take. 

A sore one sure but Partick can do that to anyone in the league with their forward line.

Reeks of arrogance and delusions of grandeur. It’s a tight and cracking league where anyone can beat anyone, ain’t the seaside anymore neebur.

Missed the game with being away, dissapointing result but definitely focuses the mind.

Mehmet playing today and strangely Little and Sharp not in the reserve team.

Return to home this coming week gives us the opportunity to put last week to bed, glad to hear Breen is back in training, so maybe only without 3 of the first team starters.

15 hours ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

It’s a tight and cracking league where anyone can beat anyone, ain’t the seaside anymore neebur.

The so called seaside league isn’t to be taken lightly. Contrary to the belief that said seaside league isn’t difficult, the amount of time Pars managed to scrape a draw tells its own story. Some cynics will say it’s because we were pish, but I can assure you that there’s a lot of good teams down there that could hold their own in this league. 
look at the amount of cash falkirk has spunked away over the years trying in vain to escape that league (very pleasing) They appear to be on a good run right now, but there’s still plenty time for fortunes to change in all the leagues 

8 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Hmmm, are there though? 

Falkirk could, over a season they were better than Airdrie and they are doing alright this year so far. 

It was funny seing them implode against Airdrie in the playoffs, v, v, v funny. 

1 hour ago, HoBNob said:

It was funny seing them implode against Airdrie in the playoffs, v, v, v funny. 

I disagree. 
I found to be nothing short of absolutely side splittingly, pant wettingly hilarious.
I’m stunned the penguin didn’t take off with the amount of arm flapping he did 

2 hours ago, Wacky said:

The so called seaside league isn’t to be taken lightly. Contrary to the belief that said seaside league isn’t difficult, the amount of time Pars managed to scrape a draw tells its own story. Some cynics will say it’s because we were pish, but I can assure you that there’s a lot of good teams down there that could hold their own in this league. 
look at the amount of cash falkirk has spunked away over the years trying in vain to escape that league (very pleasing) They appear to be on a good run right now, but there’s still plenty time for fortunes to change in all the leagues 

Aye I thought Airdrie, Falkirk, Kelty and QOTS all had good games against us last season (Montrose obviously did too but I wasn't at that defeat)

On 02/10/2023 at 18:36, DA Baracus said:

Don't think there is any update to give on Todd other than it's known he'll be out for a while. Probably be in to the new year before he's back.

He got injured in July and McPake spoke on 26 July to say he'd be out for 12 weeks post surgery, which was happening on 3 August. 12 weeks from then is 26 October. I know these things can change slightly but once Matty gets the green light to train he'll pick it up no problem, he's a fit boy. Baring no new injuries or an issue from the original injury, if Matty Todd doesn't play for the first team before 31 December I will eat my hat.

Not really sure the craic with Kane's knee injury but we could well have them both returning around the same time, along with Bene. I think the latter showed how important he is in that team.

If Breen is fit enough, start him on Saturday and let Otoo back into the middle. Chalmers and Hammy looked like their shoe laces were tied together on Saturday.

Everyone over the weekend yet? I am, bad day, move on. This time last week Thistle fans were feeling exactly the same after getting battered by Arbroath 0-3 and I'm sure they're fairly chipper this week.

Bring on the Smokies!

Edited by The Toun Clock

29 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Aye I thought Airdrie, Falkirk, Kelty and QOTS all had good games against us last season (Montrose obviously did too but I wasn't at that defeat)

I was at Montrose on the fateful day, it’s a lonnnnnnng journey home after such a poor performance 

Not sure if it's been mentioned but I noticed Ben Summers hasn't been included on the latest Scotland 21s squad, McPake said after the Partick game he just wasn't being risked but this would seem it's a bit more serious than a one game absence. He was incredible against Morton so hope it's nothing serious.

2 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

The "easily could have won that game" paragraph is still a fucking belter like

I was at the game and we were absolutely stinking.

Mind when ParsTV showed that the 'disputed goal' was clearly offside? They even flashed up 'Offside' on the screen!