Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Forget what they are up to, members of the centenary club can get into the U18s game at EEP on Friday for free with free scran in legends. You have to pre-register on their social media though.

55 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

We should have got a plastic pitch in rather than pissing about with the Rosyth training ground.

Dunno, I think the vision for this is excellent forward planning. 
The entire project has the potential to be a massive boon for our club in the future. I know everything is going way slower than we’d all like, but the club owners appear to still be chipping away at bringing their ideas to life. 
Plastic pitch at EEP could happen in the future, but it’s this entire training ground idea that has me and my neeburs excited for the future of our club 

11 minutes ago, Wacky said:

Dunno, I think the vision for this is excellent forward planning. 
The entire project has the potential to be a massive boon for our club in the future. I know everything is going way slower than we’d all like, but the club owners appear to still be chipping away at bringing their ideas to life. 
Plastic pitch at EEP could happen in the future, but it’s this entire training ground idea that has me and my neeburs excited for the future of our club 

Could be an absolute money spinner for any Euro28 team looking for a training base in Scotland. 

2 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

We should have got a plastic pitch in rather than pissing about with the Rosyth training ground.

No thanks.  

The future is artificial pitches, but except at the elite level, they aren’t favourably comparable to grass just yet.  I’m happy for us to wait a good bit longer til the technology is better and cheaper than current.  I watched the Falkirk hamilton 0-0 game on that “new” pitch surface, and it was absolutely awful with horrendous deviations in the bounce and pace of the ball.  Fk that.

15 minutes ago, parsboi said:

No thanks.  

The future is artificial pitches, but except at the elite level, they aren’t favourably comparable to grass just yet.  I’m happy for us to wait a good bit longer til the technology is better and cheaper than current.  I watched the Falkirk hamilton 0-0 game on that “new” pitch surface, and it was absolutely awful with horrendous deviations in the bounce and pace of the ball.  Fk that.

Compared to what? You make it sound like every single grass pitch is the exact same.

I’ve just seen the attendance numbers for the rovers V utd game, almost 7K. We would have smashed that if we weren’t on telly on the Friday night. 
We’ll surely take a loss over this arrangement. 
Telly can GTF 

Edited by Wacky

For all the hype around the German connection (like putting the German flag on our strip), I find it utterly baffling we haven't made more of it in terms of hospitality offerings. 

Wouldn't be difficult to get some bottles of erdinger in and a few wurst on the go in legends pre-match.

7 minutes ago, par-adise said:

For all the hype around the German connection (like putting the German flag on our strip), I find it utterly baffling we haven't made more of it in terms of hospitality offerings. 

Wouldn't be difficult to get some bottles of erdinger in and a few wurst on the go in legends pre-match.

Legends were offering roll with sausage and/or bacon at our last home game, in the time I was there I never seen anyone buy anything, nor did I see anyone eating anything from there. I was in for a couple from around 1.30. 
many Pars fan that go to legends will probably have eaten before leaving as it’s a hit or a miss to see food offered there. 
TBF, I normally only get there around 1.30, and maybe all the scran has sold out by then, but food seems to be an irregular occurrence as far as I know? 

1 minute ago, Wacky said:

Legends were offering roll with sausage and/or bacon at our last home game, in the time I was there I never seen anyone buy anything, nor did I see anyone eating anything from there. I was in for a couple from around 1.30. 
many Pars fan that go to legends will probably have eaten before leaving as it’s a hit or a miss to see food offered there. 
TBF, I normally only get there around 1.30, and maybe all the scran has sold out by then, but food seems to be an irregular occurrence as far as I know? 

Aye cos it's a manky bacon roll you can get anywhere. My point is you could make more of a thing of it, like Raith are, to get people engaged. Just needs a bit more imagination. 

47 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Compared to what? You make it sound like every single grass pitch is the exact same.

On the whole, artificial surfaces v their grass compatriots at the same division don’t compare well in my opinion.

Im not anti artificial surface on the whole, just very much against shit ones.

45 minutes ago, par-adise said:

Completely agree.

Also the catering at East End is in desperate need for a refresh, not sure if this is on the boards agenda or if we are tied in for x amount of years but we need to move on from Stephen's IMO.

1 hour ago, Wacky said:

I’ve just seen the attendance numbers for the rovers V utd game, almost 7K. We would have smashed that if we weren’t on telly on the Friday night. 
We’ll surely take a loss over this arrangement. 
Telly can GTF 

Morton game on TV as well.

1 hour ago, par-adise said:

Is there a demand for it though? Or would it be an expensive way to have loads of bottles lying around? 

Also current contracts can't just be broken without it costing a lot of cash.

43 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

Completely agree.

Also the catering at East End is in desperate need for a refresh, not sure if this is on the boards agenda or if we are tied in for x amount of years but we need to move on from Stephen's IMO.

I think Stephens could do better, but I'm not sure there are that many catering companies that would offer an improvement.

Also a Bridie is iconic.

8 minutes ago, 101 said:

I think Stephens could do better, but I'm not sure there are that many catering companies that would offer an improvement.

Also a Bridie is iconic.

I hope they bring the stovies back in the winter this season. The way the bridies have went downhill, they’ll be a welcome change 

50 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Also current contracts can't just be broken without it costing a lot of cash.

Fair point, I have no idea what the situation is with the brewery/supplier. But I do know the draught selection in legends is pish, so getting something better and German in would tick a few boxes.