Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Nipped by Pitreavie again there, looked one of the coaches had a very small group (possibly the defenders) doing something on the new pitch that has been installed. Then there was a bigger session on the original pitch. When I was going back they were all together.

Hoping we try something different on Saturday. Would love to see a 4-2-3-1, probably better suited if we had a fully fit squad as it suits the personnel we have. Not sure if Comrie due back or not but could probably look like this - 

Mehmet

Comrie - MFW - Otoo - Edwards

Hammy - Chalmers

MOH - Summers - Moffat

Holmes

Would allow bodies to help defensibly but also allow for help up the park too.

Wighton went off on Saturday so he's probably not fit. McCann is doing my tits in, he has the heart of a pea if things are going against us, just chucks it. Chuck the boy Holmes in, at least he's an actual striker with a bit of physicality.

Just to make myself sick, here's what it could be with a fully fit squad - 

Mehmet 

Comrie - Bene - Fisher - Edwards

Hammy - Otoo

KRH - Todd - Moffat/Jakubiak

One of Wighton/McCann/Holmes

Edited by The Toun Clock

Sign 2 wingers and play 44 fckn 2. Back to basics, literally just go back and focus on the simple things. This system we've had is slowing us down and seems to confuse the hell out of us going forward. 

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Sign 2 wingers and play 44 fckn 2. Back to basics, literally just go back and focus on the simple things. This system we've had is slowing us down and seems to confuse the hell out of us going forward. 

Sign Joe!

The game against Dundee Utd scheduled for 16th March has been bought the day forward for Friday night telly. Now 15th, 7:45pm KO.

Another potential big gate impacted? I missed the home game against Dundee Utd earlier in the season, away crowd was good but home looked poor.

Just now, The Toun Clock said:

The game against Dundee Utd scheduled for 16th March has been bought the day forward for Friday night telly. Now 15th, 7:45pm KO.

Another potential big gate impacted? I missed the home game against Dundee Utd earlier in the season, away crowd was good but home looked poor.

f**k sake.

Shite pick too. The games between us haven't been great and we aren't involved in the title race. I know they have to take 2 from each ground but maybe waiting a bit and going for a potential play off (good or bad) or relegation six pointer would have made more sense?

That's Dick announced as East Fife boss, so watch them shoot up the leagues whilst we toil. You could put your mortgage on it happening. 

As much as the Board will not be willing to pull the trigger on McPake, but if we don't get any points in these next two games, they'll surely be left with little option. The amount of seethe from the EEP stands would be similar to what we saw when Grant was overseeing us get horsed at EEP each week. It's the lack of real progress or any proper identity at EEP that boils my piss. With all the support and financial benefits that come along with it, we don't half make a proper c*nt of things for ourselves. 

Edited by DAFC.

Also, there is still time to get one more domestic loan in. The Board should be throwing the kitchen sink at getting a midfielder with some experience that can do a job at this level. A midfield that includes Chalmers and/or Allan is an absolute shit show. 

8 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

That's Dick announced as East Fife boss, so watch them shoot up the leagues whilst we toil. You could put your mortgage on it happening. 

As much as the Board will not be willing to pull the trigger on McPake, but if we don't get any points in these next two games, they'll surely be left with little option. The amount of seethe from the EEP stands would be similar to what we saw when Grant was overseeing us get horsed at EEP each week. It's the lack of real progress or any proper identity at EEP that boils my piss. With all the support and financial benefits that come along with it, we don't half make a proper c*nt of things for ourselves. 

Be interesting to see how Dick does, however I can’t see him having anywhere near the success he did with Arbroath. I wouldn’t put it past him getting them out League 2 in a couple of years but that’s the ceiling.

I already have visions of the seethe on Saturday when we go a goal down inside 10 minutes on Saturday. However, I’m also imagining a much better, more structured performance. We’re still a long way off Peter Grant levels. I don’t think many if any wanted him in the first place, he was already pissing in the wind, then did the “my CV would blow everyone else out the water” interview and proceeded to get royally bawed by everyone and anyone.

The fans and McPake have a good relationship. It feels a bit strained at the moment but a couple of good results and that’ll be forgotten about. However, lose on Saturday and the volume will crank up a bit. Fail to take all the points against Arbroath and it’ll be fairly unavoidable. It was weird, for how bad we were on Saturday it felt quite subdued. Like people couldn’t believe what was happening.

13 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Also, there is still time to get one more domestic loan in. The Board should be throwing the kitchen sink at getting a midfielder with some experience that can do a job at this level. A midfield that includes Chalmers and/or Allan is an absolute shit show. 

Agreed! I’d personally like us try and get two more in, an experienced loan from the Premiership and give a short term deal to the boy Josh McPake. Wide player who’s looking for a chance to kick on. Not sure if he’s still training with us or not but certainly a player that could add something or even be a good option from the bench when guys like Todd, Kane etc are back.

If they don't want to get rid of McPake, they'll need to find money from somewhere to get him players he needs. The midfield options we have are absolutely shite. 

36 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

skint and got no money for anymore deals would be my guess. talking to a few boys at 7s the night and all just scunnered with the pars.

I personally don’t think we’re completely skint. I just think the board are being strict over what players we bring in. Did they perhaps think we’d have enough with what we have? I heard from that hush hush meeting the other week that we’d set aside an annual budget for medical bills and blew half of it in a week…

15 minutes ago, Wacky said:

You can only pish with the c*ck ye’ve got, I really don’t think McPake will get the bullet. 

Aye I’d be shocked if he does. He will 100% get the next two games to get positive results. I don’t necessarily feel he deserves the sack, a lot of managers would struggle with our injury issues this season, however he needs to be a wee bit less stubborn towards how he’s setting up, ditch the back 3/5 etc.

That being said, if we don’t get six from six in the next two games I would be unhappy, I just don’t know if would be wanting the manager to go, I suppose it depends on the game. Was it a spirited performance where we draw or lose by a goal or another gutless defeat. If it’s the latter then we have a couple of big problems to address. BTW, I know we have no right to win the next two games but I think we should be capable of doing so.

Edited by The Toun Clock

Found myself on here ranting every day of the week when AJ had his final season.  Also the Grant and Yogi year but strangely have a sense of canny be arsed bothering during this crap run of no wins in 7 and that dreadful, embarrassing performance on Saturday.

Honestly just done with the consistent shite decision making around managers, extending contracts that shouldn't have and not finding the right type of players for this league that can take us forward.

It's just one shyte decision after another. I'm all for the building acadamy stuff and scouting young players from other clubs and developing them but not at the cost of neglecting the first team to an extent where we are becoming a yo-yo team between the 2nd and 3rd tier of Scottish football. It's totally unacceptable. Do all those nice things when the first team is in a better place but not now.  We need to adjust the recruitment policy and bring more experience in and less youthful investments on 3 year deals.

Edited by Chubbychops

So we go again this weekend against QP. I hope Holmes gets a start. He looks like he has a bit pace about him, the was playing off the shoulder of the last man, and was bending his runs to try and stay onside. 
I think he could be the the player to inject a bit of energy into the team, maybe the spark we need 

Edited by Wacky

1 hour ago, Chubbychops said:

Found myself on here ranting every day of the week when AJ had his final season.  Also the Grant and Yogi year but strangely have a sense of canny be arsed bothering during this crap run of no wins in 7 and that dreadful, embarrassing performance on Saturday.

Honestly just done with the consistent shite decision making around managers, extending contracts that shouldn't have and not finding the right type of players for this league that can take us forward.

It's just one shyte decision after another. I'm all for the building acadamy stuff and scouting young players from other clubs and developing them but not at the cost of neglecting the first team to an extent where we are becoming a yo-yo team between the 2nd and 3rd tier of Scottish football. It's totally unacceptable. Do all those nice things when the first team is in a better place but not now.  We need to adjust the recruitment policy and bring more experience in and less youthful investments on 3 year deals.

Aye, couldn't agree more. C

This will undoubtedly get jumped on, but the very least we should be aiming for is top four in the Championship, the last time that happened and we had fans in the ground was 2018, and to have two successive seasons where we finished in the top four you're going back to 2010/2011.

This mis management of the club, and the money squandered can only be rivalled by Falkirk over the past 15 years, staggering. 

Edited by HoBNob

Almost hoping we go down, the board piss off and we can rip it up from scratch. Not arsed about your youth academy or strange ideas one bit, let us run a proper football club.

1 hour ago, HoBNob said:

This will undoubtedly get jumped on, but the very least we should be aiming for is top four in the Championship, 

Agreed,  a long time ago, I can’t exactly remember when but I think McIntyre was in charge I looked up our historic average finishing position and it was 16th, it will be lower now due to the shitty period we have endured but it never felt like it was an unfair standard to hold the club too.

I would like to ask that question to our board members both recent and historic pars United guys over what they view as a minimal acceptable standard, I suspect it’s either much lower than that or that they’d refuse to answer and give some wish washy pish about just hoping we do our best.

Edited by parsforlife